Low Effort GDT Maple Leafs at Senators - Game 1 - Tonight: 7 p.m., TSN, RDS - No Crosschecking the Leafs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The emphasis put on “performance at camp” and suggestion that all decisions are based exclusively on camp performance as if all players started on a blank slate is BS. There is obviously a pencilled in roster.

Like you say, how much did Tierney really compete in camp?

When did Coburn arrive join the main camp? Did he really outplay Reilly and Wolanin?

If teams really worked like this nobody would ever be picked up on waivers.

I can't say what kind of camp White had but I feel pretty confident in saying its not a work issue, or an attitude issue. Its a crushing blow to a still young players confidence when he's trying to bounce back.. In the end he's a player and its a hockey team and you need to show that you deserve a spot

Reactions: Alex1234

Speatleysson

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
Really excited to see Stützle on NHL ice for the first time. I’m not expecting too much though. Leon Draisaitl - also a 3rd pick from Germany who was making his NHL debut around the same age - was sent down to the farm team in his rookie season after only 37 games and some Oilers fans already called him a bust. A bit of patience with Stützle would be appreciated.

:popcorn:

A bit of patience with the whole team would be appreciated. Much of our roster hasn't played a real game in almost a year; I hope we come away with the win tonight but I won't lose my head if we get demolished. I also assume Stützle will try to force some plays and make mistakes but that's how he'll learn. Go sens go!!:hockey:

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
I thought laf looked good. I only watched the first half of the game.
Stutzle will always look at least good cuz he’s all go go go

He looked good, I agree. But looking good didn't translate to points. Hoping our rooks get some, *not* expecting 4 goals. Please let this post come back to bite me! :)

edit: *not* expecting 4 goals. Damn auto comet!

Last edited:
Reactions: Burrowsaurus

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
How much did Tierney participate at camp?

Stepan and tierney barely participated lol.
I think it is just message sending. I mean it’s so easy to scratch EaiTHER of those guys and just say “they just got to camp they’re not ready”. I’m willing to be both look incredibly slow not up to speed

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Aka - I read the league memo about taking it easy on the Leafs stars but I want to be a huge goon squad but not get caught.

Consider it appeal to the league to counter Matthews's agent and the media's request that we not allow dirty-area cross-checking.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
A win for me would be gooning it up tremendously while protecting Stutzle and Norris and letting them show their stuff. Don't really care about the final score, i'll measure success by the number of crosschecks delivered to the spines of the big 4.

Reactions: branch

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Stepan and tierney barely participated lol.
I think it is just message sending. I mean it’s so easy to scratch EaiTHER of those guys and just say “they just got to camp they’re not ready”. I’m willing to be both look incredibly slow not up to speed
Stepan is a lock on the roster as he should be to insulate Stuztle and take on shitty matchups against Matthews, Mcdavid and all the other centers. Hoping White develops into that role but it looks like he has a ways to go

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
White & Chlapik not playing while scrubs that have no future on the team do.

Is it possible that the coach has seen enough of White and Chlapik, and that maybe he needs to see how the new guys with no future have to offer so he can make future line-up decisions?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
If you can't trust White then it will be hard to put him out there to paly against Matthews and Tavares.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
7 hours to go

139643025_4053970777986379_5410056116075484729_o.jpg

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
A lot of whining from the Leafs and their media regarding poor muffin Mathews the other night.

Hopefully the Sens bring more physical punishment tonight and tomorrow!

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
White not starting is disappointing, but not surprising. It's common with young players to train hard in the offseason, putting on a lot of muscle, and then thinking the hard work is done once camp starts. He's still a better player than a lot of guys starting, so he'll be back in the lineup shortly, maybe even tomorrow, but he probably needed a bit of a wakeup call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad