GDT: Maple Leafs (9-6-4) @ Islanders (12-3-1) | 7:00 PM EST | SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
r

Toronto Maple Leafs (9-6-4) @ New York Islanders (12-3-1)
Nassau Coliseum
7:00 PM EST
TV: Sportsnet Ontario
Radio: TSN1050

Hyman's back baby! Let's hope he and the emotion from playing in NY can actually get Tavares going, Matthews and Nylander can't keep carrying this team forever. With Marner out for the next 4+ weeks, need everyone to start stepping up. Islanders are consistently very low scoring but are outshot a lot so we'll see how that works out for our team. Freddy Andersen gets the start.

Projected Lineups:

:leafs
Forwards
Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Tavares - Kapanen
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Moore
Petan - Shore - Gauthier

Defence
Rielly - Ceci
Muzzin - Barrie
Dermott - Holl

Goalies
Andersen
Kaskisuo

Extras/Injured
Marner (high ankle sprain)
Spezza
Timashov
Marincin

:isles
Forwards
Lee - Barzal - Eberle
Brassard - Nelson - Beauvillier
Bailey - Cizikas - Clutterbuck
Johnston - Komarov - Dal Colle

Defence
Pelech - Pulock
Toews - Mayfield
Leddy - Boychuk

Goalies
Varlamov
Greiss

*leaf lines taken from Kristen Shilton's twitter, islanders lines taken from their GDT.

GO LEAFS GO!

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
About time Timoshov was dropped he has looked like a Marlie out there.
He has stopped playing physical for some reason. It was why he was having so much success early. I guess he got too comfortable which is a no no as a 4th liner fighting to keep a spot.

Reactions: CelticDruid

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Trotz got this team running like a machine

Running like a machine or heavily relying on goaltending?

I'd love for our goaltenders to provide us with the same combined ~2 GAA and ~.935 save percentage. Islanders are last in the league right now in shots for and 12th worst in shots against.

I'm pretty sure if the Leafs had received the same level of goaltending, we'd be undefeated probably.

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Haven't seen the Islanders play. Barzal still lighting things up?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
He has stopped playing physical for some reason. It was why he was having so much success early. I guess he got too comfortable which is a no no as a 4th liner fighting to keep a spot.

It’s possible that Babcock neuters physicality. How come Muzzin has become less physical since he got here? Even when we had Matt Martin, he seemingly stopped fighting or doing anything really. I don’t know, just a theory.

Reactions: kb

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Komorov is still playing?!? Damn I really thought he has retired!!! :D

You'll notice him tonight. Along with Jhonston

Czekias and Clutterbuck are going to have a field day tonight

I don't feel sorry for Tavares, he can withstand hits. But it's players like Moore, Kerfoot and Nylander

Reactions: Rogue Leader

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
You'll notice him tonight. Along with Jhonston

Czekias and Clutterbuck are going to have a field day tonight

I don't feel sorry for Tavares, he can withstand hits. But it's players like Moore, Kerfoot and Nylander
What makes playing Toronto a field day compared to other teams? It's not like they hit Toronto more, or hit other teams less.

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
What makes playing Toronto a field day compared to other teams? It's not like they hit Toronto more, or hit other teams less.
Other teams fight back! When they get hit - they hit back. Run by Dubas we are the geeky kid that every bully has a field day with. In order to stop this we must hit and fight back! Not go cower in a corner or read our Excel sheets.

Reactions: Al14 and fahad203

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I still thought he was the best player on that line, which isn't saying much, Goat and Shore have done zip.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
It’s possible that Babcock neuters physicality. How come Muzzin has become less physical since he got here? Even when we had Matt Martin, he seemingly stopped fighting or doing anything really. I don’t know, just a theory.

I think from what various players have said, he's just too structured. Which is weird because it doesn't look that way.

“With the structure we have, we’re not saying, ‘Don’t jump in,’ but it’s certainly not fully roaming around in the O-zone … I got to join the rush as opposed to leading it which is, I think, a good thing … They’re very different coaches, but both respected & good at their jobs. I think Mike’s a little more, you know, he knows exactly what he wants & how to do it & just trying to figure that out a little bit.”
– Tyson Barrie on adjusting to a new system and coach

Toronto Maple Leafs Notebook: Is Mike Babcock really putting the clamps on the offense? | Maple Leafs Hotstove

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Dead and buried is what the Maple Leafs were after our first trip to Long Island last season.

I think from what various players have said, he's just too structured. Which is weird because it doesn't look that way.

“With the structure we have, we’re not saying, ‘Don’t jump in,’ but it’s certainly not fully roaming around in the O-zone … I got to join the rush as opposed to leading it which is, I think, a good thing … They’re very different coaches, but both respected & good at their jobs. I think Mike’s a little more, you know, he knows exactly what he wants & how to do it & just trying to figure that out a little bit.”
– Tyson Barrie on adjusting to a new system and coach

Toronto Maple Leafs Notebook: Is Mike Babcock really putting the clamps on the offense? | Maple Leafs Hotstove

I'd laugh hard at this if it wasn't so painfully true.

Reactions: 2ndGenIslander
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad