Manitoba Moose 2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yep you reward them with a job. It’s a d-ment league. If the Ahl guy thinks that’s unfair you let him try his luck with another team maybe they’ll see him on the cusp of NHL worthy. You are a lot more soft hearted and nicer than I am.

It isn't about being soft-hearted and nice. Luoto should be playing in the AHL. Chibisov should be playing in the NHL. Griffith should be given a reward for his play. Shaw has had a reward already.

Shaw and Luoto down. Chibi and Griffith up. Griffith mostly sits but should get a look in a couple of games. Of those players, Luoto is the only one young enough that development is the issue.

Reactions: Huffer

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
It isn't about being soft-hearted and nice. Luoto should be playing in the AHL. Chibisov should be playing in the NHL. Griffith should be given a reward for his play. Shaw has had a reward already.

Shaw and Luoto down. Chibi and Griffith up. Griffith mostly sits but should get a look in a couple of games. Of those players, Luoto is the only one young enough that development is the issue.
Shaw hasn't had a reward he's had a spot. A spot where he's contributing to the team and has 2 goals. Luoto should be riding the pb because it makes Laine happy. Making your superstar happy is more important than giving a marginal guy a spot in the pb so he can boost his income.
Griffith's reward is a spot on the Moose instead of having to learn a new language in the KHL. If he doesn't like that he can ask for a trade and hope another team's farm team gives him more of a chance. Also, why mess with a winning line-up when team is playing above expectations.

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Shaw hasn't had a reward he's had a spot. A spot where he's contributing to the team and has 2 goals. Luoto should be riding the pb because it makes Laine happy. Making your superstar happy is more important than giving a marginal guy a spot in the pb so he can boost his income.
Griffith's reward is a spot on the Moose instead of having to learn a new language in the KHL. If he doesn't like that he can ask for a trade and hope another team's farm team gives him more of a chance. Also, why mess with a winning line-up when team is playing above expectations.

Yeah, no need to play the best roster possible or to develop players.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
We are talking bout marginal guys here. Keeping Laine happy does more for team than Griffith.

Marginally better is still better. Also how do you think everyone else feels about this special treatment to Laine? Does keeping Laine happy do more for the team than making the rest of the team resent him? Also how do we know it makes Laine happy, is there any evidence for this? Seems like you're being a lot more soft hearted than others keeping Laine's buddy on board just to keep him happy.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
KHL would pay Griffith triple the money if not more FYI. He’ll be going there soon to make 600k tax free.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
My kid is playing in a tournament at the IcePlex tonight so I have a bit of time before they are on. Just watching the Moose practice and I forget how talented these guys are.

Niku was skating in the normal jersey.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
My kid is playing in a tournament at the IcePlex tonight so I have a bit of time before they are on. Just watching the Moose practice and I forget how talented these guys are.

Niku was skating in the normal jersey.

Watch them in a game. You'll remember how talented they are. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Duke749 and ps241

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

So Niku is back in this weekend. Vesalainen skated in normal uniform at practice today after leaving last Sunday's game in 2nd. Veteran Ryan White also looks like he will be back.

Luke Green and Peter Stoykewych are both "week-to-week".

Sounds like the right attitude. I like that. With how exposed most of our defensemen have looked lately when it comes to moving the puck and can’t imagine he won’t get a call soon when he’s fully fit. An injury to someone would certainly speed that along but not sure it’ll be needed.

Reactions: hn777

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Sounds like the right attitude. I like that. With how exposed most of our defensemen have looked lately when it comes to moving the puck and can’t imagine he won’t get a call soon when he’s fully fit. An injury to someone would certainly speed that along but not sure it’ll be needed.
Let's get him playing the way he can and recall him on the back end. If Buff was to ever return I would run this by the end of the year:
JMo Pionk
Niku Buff
Kulikov Poolman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad