Manitoba Moose 2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
It also sounds like he's willing to go through a wall to prove himself. He might end up being a better option than Shaw, so I don't really see a downside in giving him a chance.

It’s Chibby-time!

Shaw has had plenty of chances and done little with them. Plus they have Kuli to help with translation, and the Berd-man is only a phone call away.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Chibi in particular. People are saying we lack grit. He has that. Plus size, speed (for his size) and hands.
I like Chibisov, but I think that 4th line is really lacking speed and quickness. Shaw has okay straight ahead speed, but lacks quickness and doesn't think and react quickly. Gustafsson processes the game quickly, but doesn't have good skating speed or quickness. Luoto skates fast, but doesn't make quick reads or decisions. As a combination, they are constantly a half step or more behind the play, and they are getting hammered. Chibisov might be good if he's playing with a couple of other fast players, maybe Spacek and another quick forward.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I like Chibisov, but I think that 4th line is really lacking speed and quickness. Shaw has okay straight ahead speed, but lacks quickness and doesn't think and react quickly. Gustafsson processes the game quickly, but doesn't have good skating speed or quickness. Luoto skates fast, but doesn't make quick reads or decisions. As a combination, they are constantly a half step or more behind the play, and they are getting hammered. Chibisov might be good if he's playing with a couple of other fast players, maybe Spacek and another quick forward.

I think Gus might be OK, despite his lack of speed, if the wingers are better. But I think he has enough potential to be worth trying to develop. That means send him down. Get him a good skating coach next off-season and see what he can become.

Right now I would insert Chibisov and Spacek. If Spacek can't do it, give Suess another try.

We will have Bourque and Appleton back before too much longer. Surely we should be able to construct a 4th line out of Suess, Spacek, Appleton, Chibisov and Bourque. Appleton could play C too.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Attaboy Birdman! :thumbu:

source.gif

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
How has Gawanke played, thus far? Anyone have any scouting on him?

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
if this guy can calm down his game just a tad I would love to see how he does up in the bigs. Would be an absolute beast of a personality, could teach evander kane a thing or two.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Not long before everyone has heard about the Bird because Bird is the word . :cool:That song is gonna be playing in my head whenever i see Berdin play now . :laugh:

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Captain Stojkovic is back in the lineup and Stanley is on the road trip and practicing in a full contact jersey. Gawanke and Kovacevic are scratches today (hadn't heard about possible injuries).

Wonder if Stanley's return is the catalyst for Niku getting promoted and Bitetto gettkng demoted/waived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad