Manitoba Moose: 2015-16 Season (part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Josh-Morrissey-makes-the-pass-300x200.jpg

Peter looked at 1) Josh Morrissey 2) This Week’s Moose Results and 3) Jets Prospects at the World Junior Championships.

Click here.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
looks like Petan's numbers are coming along.
can't say the same about Kosmachuk. dude looks like he's a big long shot for the NHL. numbers show zero development in his 2nd year.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Josh-Morrissey-makes-the-pass-300x200.jpg

Peter looked at 1) Josh Morrissey 2) This Week’s Moose Results and 3) Jets Prospects at the World Junior Championships.

Click here.

I thought this Morrissey article was very good.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Oh I am, my 5 year old is lucky enough to play the timbits game at intermission Thurs, he better get three goals or he will hate his car ride home :sarcasm:
Can't wait to see the the prospects play. How did JMo look?

Let us know how the son does and how the car ride home is tomorrow night lol :laugh:

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Anyone know what line Lowry is on? I tuned into the game in the third and I've heard Albert, Armia, and Kosmachuk on the ice with him at different times. I assume he is playing centre?

edit: It's Armia Kosmo Lowry as a line and they just scored.

Last edited:

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Anyone know what line Lowry is on? I tuned into the game in the third and I've heard Albert, Armia, and Kosmachuk on the ice with him at different times. I assume he is playing centre?

He's at centre with Armia and Kosmachuk. Petan is playing at centre also with De Leo and Fraser.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
So what happens now? If there's a call up for a 12th forward as opposed to Pardy filling Lowry's spot, it has to be tomorrow before the Moose game, right? If Maurice says there's no way for Lowry to play against the Rangers since it would be 3 straight, then there's absolutely no way a Moose player gets called up Friday morning.

Which begs the question- Cormier, the "veteran", Armia, the guy who was most recently practicing but has no NHL experience, or Petan, guy who knows the system, has a little experience, but wasn't good enough to cut it and frankly hasn't been marvelous in the AHL since his demotion?

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
1th PP: Cormier, Halischuk, Fraser, Albert, Harrison

Experience before pure skill. McCambridge has the same problems as Maurice.

Lowry and Armia played great together as i expected. However, Kosmachuk did everything to kill that line offense. Stupid shots every time he get the puck. Didn't even try to find his linemates.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Scoring
1. MB Petan, (2) (De Leo, Kichton), 4:04 (PP)
1. SA Rantanen, (9) , 19:08
2. MB Halischuk, (3) (Albert, Cormier), 2:34
3. MB Cormier, (3) (Fraser, Harrison), 9:56 (PP)
3. MB Kosmachuk, (4) (Lowry, Kichton), 12:00
3. MB Fraser, (2) (Melchiori, Petan), 15:13

Comrie 22/23 .956 (must have felt like a night off)

Highlights here

http://moosehockey.com/news/moose-romp-rampage/

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I'm not surprised at all that Armia and Lowry played together. I think that was on purpose.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville

Lowry and Armia played great together as i expected. However, Kosmachuk did everything to kill that line offense. Stupid shots every time he get the puck. Didn't even try to find his linemates.

Holy crap - is that 1st PP ever bad!! You got guys like Petan & Armia & Morrisey, and you field a PP like that. McCambridge is even worse than Maurice for favoring his vets.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada

That would probably explain why the Moose have the worst PP in the league.

viggen

Mar 22, 2013
Carinthia
Looks like Raffl could be one and done and even though he is a pro of 10 years or so the NHL is a different animal, as for Morrissey the Jets will leave him in the A for as long as it takes there will be no rush job on him, Petan, Armia, Kostalek, and Lipon may never make it but Morrissey will play in the NHL.

He has all the bad luck in the world; according to austrian press he got hit in the face a week ago in practice. He played however two games afterwards in the AHL, than against the Admirals he got because of back ache for medical examination where they found out he was playing the last two games with a broken jaw... (he is now week to week)

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
He has all the bad luck in the world; according to austrian press he got hit in the face a week ago in practice. He played however two games afterwards in the AHL, than against the Admirals he got because of back ache for medical examination where they found out he was playing the last two games with a broken jaw... (he is now week to week)

Raffl is Austrian for Clitsome. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad