Manitoba Moose: 2015-16 Season (part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Oh I am, my 5 year old is lucky enough to play the timbits game at intermission Thurs, he better get three goals or he will hate his car ride home :sarcasm:
Can't wait to see the the prospects play. How did JMo look?

I'll be there Thursday! I LOVE when the timbits kids come out and play during intermission! It's absolutely adorable and hilarious at the same time.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Oh I am, my 5 year old is lucky enough to play the timbits game at intermission Thurs, he better get three goals or he will hate his car ride home :sarcasm:
Can't wait to see the the prospects play. How did JMo look?

Your boy will have a blast. both teams had all kids on the ice at the same time so it is just so cute but a bit crowded around the puck. By the way one of the dads had a helmet cam on his kid and I thought now there is an amazing idea they will have that ice level footage for when he's gets old!

I liked what I saw from JMo. He is not dominating and grabbing the puck and leading the rush so some might not love that part but that really isn't who he is anyways. One of the things I liked is that he is looking more physically mature now, last night at least he had a nasty edge to his game so I think he is going to bring that to the NHL when he arrives and that was always something I thought may not make the trip with him from juniors to the pros. He seemed a "bit" more intense and diligent on his 1 on 1 coverage below the dots and that has always been his biggest opprotunity for growth. Far from perfect but and I am happy with the progression. Still an extremely slick passer and smart player and his effortless skating is a pleasure to watch. I am convinced playing this season in the AHL is 100% the right thing for him and best for his development.

igorulanov

Jan 31, 2015
Winnipeg
Both looked solid. Great place for Nic to develop because the same challenges exist in the AHL for him. He is competing against man strength and there is very little time and space. It is a really really big step up from juniors. You can see why great NHL players like Palat and Johnson spent two full seasons in the AHL honing their craft.

Fiala was the player that stood out for me the most last night on either team but that could be due in part to the Admirals actually getting PP time.

I was at the game yesterday (loved going with my 7 year old, so my report is going to be biassed as i was often distracted) I noticed Petan often. Sometimes for good plays, like using his smarts alot of toughness along the boards. Sometimes for bad, like big giveaway at his blue line due to unneeded over stickhandling.

Didn't notice Armia as much.

Was most impressed by Morissey. I know they don't want to rush him up, but man he's making a bit of a case for some NHL time. He wasn't dominant, but just little things like skating or looking to move in the O-zone. Still, don't blame the Jets if they let him learn with the Moose for the whole year..

Another guy that really stood out for me was Ryan Olsen. Not for skill, just for the energy he was exerting on every shift. Just seemed to me like he was the closest thing to Wheeler-effort on the Moose.

igorulanov

Jan 31, 2015
Winnipeg
Oh, and i tried to take special attention to Jan Kostalek whenever i saw him on the ice. There is nothing there to report from my POV. Does nothing bad, does nothing great, not overly physical, not overly fast. doesn't make bad plays, but doesn't make great ones. But still very effective. He's the Bucky of D. He needs to add some serious size tho. He's got time to add to that though!

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Why on earth Armia isn't on 1th PP? Petan&Co showing "how not to play" PP. + De Leo(L) plays on wrong side.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Your boy will have a blast. both teams had all kids on the ice at the same time so it is just so cute but a bit crowded around the puck. By the way one of the dads had a helmet cam on his kid and I thought now there is an amazing idea they will have that ice level footage for when he's gets old!

I liked what I saw from JMo. He is not dominating and grabbing the puck and leading the rush so some might not love that part but that really isn't who he is anyways. One of the things I liked is that he is looking more physically mature now, last night at least he had a nasty edge to his game so I think he is going to bring that to the NHL when he arrives and that was always something I thought may not make the trip with him from juniors to the pros. He seemed a "bit" more intense and diligent on his 1 on 1 coverage below the dots and that has always been his biggest opprotunity for growth. Far from perfect but and I am happy with the progression. Still an extremely slick passer and smart player and his effortless skating is a pleasure to watch. I am convinced playing this season in the AHL is 100% the right thing for him and best for his development.

Thanks for the summary. It is inline with what I have seen from him to date. The way he moves the puck out of his end and through the neutral zone will be very welcome on the big team when he makes it. I also have really liked how he's more assertive and physical defensively. I think Maurice will appreciate that aspect of his game when he makes it.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Moose lose 4-3 SO

Scoring
1. MIL Ã…berg, (6) (Murphy, Payerl), 9:45 (PP)
1. MB Morrissey, (1) (Albert, Armia), 12:37
2. MB Olsen, (2) (Brassard, Kramer), 4:47
2. MIL Gaudreau, (7) (Aronson, Gortz), 19:49
3. MIL Payerl, (5) (Bartley), 10:45 (SH)
3. MB Harrison, (3) , 17:3

Comrie 34/37 .919

Moose went 0/5 in the shootout.

(Petan had 5SOG)

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Looks like Raffl could be one and done and even though he is a pro of 10 years or so the NHL is a different animal, as for Morrissey the Jets will leave him in the A for as long as it takes there will be no rush job on him, Petan, Armia, Kostalek, and Lipon may never make it but Morrissey will play in the NHL.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Admirals-vs-Moose-300x200.jpg

A look at key plays of game, top 3 players & Coach McCambridge audio.

Click here.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Any reason there is no Moose coverage in the Free Press? Katz's crappy Goldeye's baseball team playing in the crappy independent "D" league get full coverage in the Freep and draw about half the fans as the Moose.:shakehead

rahzar

Oct 9, 2005
Wasn't the only player mucking up the PP. Its been brutal this afternoon.

True. However I believe it was Cormier's giveaway and laziness that resulted in the shorthanded go-ahead goal.

In regards to Armia, his speed and hands were definitely some of the best on the team from what I could see.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
What even is going on with the Moose team? Awful coaching? Like some of those vets have produced pretty decent AHL numbers in the past, but as a whole no one is scoring on that team.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
While at the Moose games fans can "check-in with the Moose app" and indicate your section, row, and seat number and have the opportunity to win a prize. I can't see where on the app (Android) to do that. Has anyone figured this out?

rahzar

Oct 9, 2005
While at the Moose games fans can "check-in with the Moose app" and indicate your section, row, and seat number and have the opportunity to win a prize. I can't see where on the app (Android) to do that. Has anyone figured this out?

I believe when you open the app while at the game there is an option to check-in in the side-menu. I have done it for the four games I have been at with no problems.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Thank you. Neither my wife or I have been able to see that option on the side menu while at the games. Will have to look harder next time :laugh:

I believe when you open the app while at the game there is an option to check-in in the side-menu. I have done it for the four games I have been at with no problems.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
What even is going on with the Moose team? Awful coaching? Like some of those vets have produced pretty decent AHL numbers in the past, but as a whole no one is scoring on that team.

I personally can't stand McCambridge. I think he's a pretty poor coach and seems to use more of Noel's tactics than Maurice's.

Really hope the club don't use their common refrain and instead bring someone else in. I know his job should be more developmental based instead of results based, but I'm not entirely convinced he's doing much of either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad