Post-Game Talk: Manita In The Air (Flyers 1-5 Habs)

POTG? (21/02/2019)

• Total voters
Apr 28, 2010
This one was crucial. Now, they need two wins in the next 5, and I'll be satisfied. Come back and beat the Manchots and then! The dreaded Cali trip...yikes.

I get that but I just can't stand losing to Toronto.

I'd probably lose my **** if the Habs help them get back to winning ways.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
And we wouldn’t have been picking KK at 3 cause we woulda won more games
Move on. Couldn’t give a rats ass anymore

Wow! Must be nice to have a crystal ball and be able to see how alternative universes turn out

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Peca had a strong game. Used his speed well.

He may be worth an extended look as a 4th line winger, opposite Lehkonen on the other wing.

In general with him, I still can't figure out if he's not gotten comfortable on the ice because he's always in and out of the lineup or if he's just not that good. I lean towards he's not that good, but tonight he earned another look.

UVMCats

Feb 16, 2019
Weise isn’t a guarantee to be called back up after a great 4th performance like that. And he moght as well just waive Hudon. Because he is done in Montreal.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
I am guessing. He is not tradable

Yeah you’re right. MB has probably already tried to trade him but withou any success.

Who do you think if the better player Weise or Hudon? I think I would lean towards Hudon. He might just be an injury away from playing again.

UVMCats

Feb 16, 2019
Yeah you’re right. MB has probably already tried to trade him but withou any success.

Who do you think if the better player Weise or Hudon? I think I would lean towards Hudon. He might just be an injury away from playing again.

Oh i pick Weise at the moment. Just because he is actually faster then Hudon and can play defensively which Hudon can not.

Reactions: Be a Hab

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Lol, being a number 1 C isn't enough for your taste ?
Domi isn’t our #1C, he just are center with the most pts, Danault get the biggest match up take all the important face off and they get similar ice time if anything they share 1C duties (Danault doing all the s... job).
I don’t think we need to acquire or sign anyone that better than Domi it cost too much and it might not work out. But if one of our C prospects able push is way in the lineup, make the most sense to move Domi to the wing to play with KK, Danault can keep doing is thing (maybe less often) and we can shelter/work someone like Poehling in on the 3rd line just like we did with KK.
Why can’t Domi play wing, why couldn’t he repeat these number without the responsibility of a center?
Domi is 23 playing is 4th year in the NHL coming from one of the worst franchise in the NHL... Why is his offensive production being link just to the fact that he playing center when the change of environment, him progressing, playing on a better team all seem to be factor that should have more impact.
He our best options right now I’m not not actively trying to move him to the wing but I wouldn’t block KK and a good C prospect, and keep relying on Danault too much, just to keep him Domi at center, our best FW prospect are #2/3 center or mid 6, we don’t have many potentiel dominant 1st line winger in the NHL or in our prospect pool we do have a potentiel 1st line center in KK and Domi automatically become our best winger.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I still want Domi at wings but not because of Danault. I'm still hoping to get a proper center.
DOMI IS A ****ING PROPER CENTER!

I understand that watching the Habs for the last decade may have given you amnesia when it comes to what constitutes a proper center but it should only be temporary and not permanent amnesia.

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Peca had a strong game. Used his speed well.

He may be worth an extended look as a 4th line winger, opposite Lehkonen on the other wing.

In general with him, I still can't figure out if he's not gotten comfortable on the ice because he's always in and out of the lineup or if he's just not that good. I lean towards he's not that good, but tonight he earned another look.
I thought it was Peca's best game as a Habster.

Reactions: calder candidate

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

I say Hudon is the better player but isn’t consistent and isn’t fitted for the role that we have for him. Weise in the other hand consistently bring what you need from a 4th liner...
I like for Hudon to get a shot elsewhere but I rather trade him if we can’t get anything in return might has well keep him he has a great attitude + for Qc, if we have a guy just sitting might has well be someone from Qc and keep some of the fanfan happy

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I don't know.....all i'm hearing for the last month is that every games seems to be "a real test".
Kind of lost it's meaning.

I was thinking about the games remaining and we need 11 wins out of the 21 games to make playoffs. It will be tough. We need to be at least 2-2-0 in the next 4 games (TOR-NJD-DET-NYR)

Tough game in Toronto. We lost our last 2 games vs NJ. I see us winning in DET and NY.

After that a tough game vs PIT in MTL... and 3 games in California.

The next 8 games will be tough. Could go 3-5-0 and I wouldn't be surprised.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad