Recalled/Assigned: Mangiapane

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
By the same token, don't you think we should pressure him to produce a little? He's probably capable of plenty more than what he's showing us, wouldn't you say we should challenge him to broaden his game?

He was challenged last year to produce outside of the Gaudreau line and Tkachuk.
He was a dud (scored a lot of goals during a single stretch and the final game of the season, but was horrible 75% of last season).

I think he'll grow into it. He never had the processor speed to keep up with offensive players, but I think on a line where he can call the shots, he'll be able to really flourish. He's still only a sophomore, even though he's 24 years old; still lots of time to keep his rights and see what he becomes. Right now, we're a team that's rolling on offense, I don't see the need to make changes at this time. Really the only thing we need is the team to get a bit more healthy for the extra hands.

We have a top 6D and a top 9F sitting on IR still, it makes a big difference. Considering that, Frolik - Jankowski - Hathaway, is pretty similar to what he had last year in terms of linemates, Frolik is an upgrade on Bennett's production really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad