Recalled/Assigned: Mangiapane

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
My hope is if he draws into the lineup, that Peters puts him in a position to succeed.
He's a good hand with some top 6 upside in the NHL.

On a high note, our 4th line is playing out of their mind right now. Playing with Jankowski and Hathaway is essentially Stockton's top line from two years ago.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
My hope is if he draws into the lineup, that Peters puts him in a position to succeed.
He's a good hand with some top 6 upside in the NHL.

On a high note, our 4th line is playing out of their mind right now. Playing with Jankowski and Hathaway is essentially Stockton's top line from two years ago.
He is not good enough to be on the flames top 6. He is not even as good as bennett or janks

What position do you think Peter's should put him in?

He is taking dube fourth line spot

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
We lack offensive creativity past our top 3 or 4 forwards. Put him with some skill and see what he can do

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He is not good enough to be on the flames top 6. He is not even as good as bennett or janks

What position do you think Peter's should put him in?

He is taking dube fourth line spot

In my post I even suggest putting him on the 4th line, so not sure what you're even getting at outside of trying to be adversarial?
My point was put him in a position to succeed. Give him O-time, give him other 4th lines to play against, give him 10-11 minutes a game; and see what he can do.

Don't bury him on the 4th line (5-6 minutes), and have him ride the pine an entire period (like Gulutzan did).

This kid's super talented, I've been pumping his tires since Barrie days.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
In my post I even suggest putting him on the 4th line, so not sure what you're even getting at outside of trying to be adversarial?
My point was put him in a position to succeed. Give him O-time, give him other 4th lines to play against, give him 10-11 minutes a game; and see what he can do.

Don't bury him on the 4th line (5-6 minutes), and have him ride the pine an entire period (like Gulutzan did).

This kid's super talented, I've been pumping his tires since Barrie days.
I am not trying to be adversary
I am just replying to your ask for better ice time for mange. He is not good enough to get more unless he shows it in the NHL.
If Bennett and janks are not getting it, mangepane is not going to get it

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I am not trying to be adversary
I am just replying to your ask for better ice time for mange. He is not good enough to get more unless he shows it in the NHL.
If Bennett and janks are not getting it, mangepane is not going to get it

Bennett has been stapled to the second line for a while now. Not sure how you think he isn't getting it lately.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Bennett has been stapled to the second line for a while now. Not sure how you think he isn't getting it lately.
Sorry, you are right...but heard from OKG Bennet is still not getting enough opportunities .;)

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I'd be inclined to play Mangy on the 3rd line and keep Lomberg on the 4th line. I'm almost tempted to suggest Ryan sits to give Czarnik a chance to play in his natural position and his hockey sense to feed his wingers. That would let the Flames play Hathaway as the 4RW. I know Lomberg is a short term fix, but I do like the energy he brings.

Mangiapane/Ryan/Neal
Lomberg/Jankowski/Czarnik

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
I'd be inclined to play Mangy on the 3rd line and keep Lomberg on the 4th line. I'm almost tempted to suggest Ryan sits to give Czarnik a chance to play in his natural position and his hockey sense to feed his wingers. That would let the Flames play Hathaway as the 4RW. I know Lomberg is a short term fix, but I do like the energy he brings.

Mangiapane/Ryan/Neal
Lomberg/Jankowski/Czarnik

Leaving Lomberg in the line-up is not the right move.

Mangiapane/Jankowski/Neal
Hathaway/ Ryan/ Czarnik

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
He looked great last night. A lot better than I expected. If he keeps it up, I would take him over Lomberg, Czarnik and even Hathaway. Although Hathaway has a slightly different role.

Reactions: Cyrano

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Man. How good did Mangi look last night, when Peters put him in a position to succeed? That third line looked totally involved.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Mangiapane had a great game last night in addition to Neal. Personally I think Jankowski being reunited with Mangiapane could be down right deadly.

Ryan to me just gets pushed around too much and with a little more size in the middle with Mark this line could start rocking.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
If we're gonna keep Mango up here I'd like to see him get a legitimate shot at producing in the top nine. I think he's right up there with Dillon Dube as our forward prospect with the most offensive upside and I don't want to see him glued to the fourth line as a warm body.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Mangiapane had a great game last night in addition to Neal. Personally I think Jankowski being reunited with Mangiapane could be down right deadly.

Ryan to me just gets pushed around too much and with a little more size in the middle with Mark this line could start rocking.

I really like Jankowski on that fourth line.
He's not pressured to produce at all, but play a responsible heavy game. I really think when you move him up the lineup, he tends to get away from what makes him a good hand; similar to the Ferland syndrome. Him taking guys like Hathaway, and a guy who can absolutely move like Lomberg and making them a dominate 4th line is exactly why you need him there. I don't personally think Ryan can do the same thing.

Imagine when Frolik comes back too:

Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Tkachuk - Backlund - Bennett
Mangiapane - Ryan - Neal
Frolik - Jankowski - Hathaway

That 4th line is a decent 3rd line on 60-70% of the teams in the league.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I really like Jankowski on that fourth line.
He's not pressured to produce at all, but play a responsible heavy game. I really think when you move him up the lineup, he tends to get away from what makes him a good hand; similar to the Ferland syndrome. Him taking guys like Hathaway, and a guy who can absolutely move like Lomberg and making them a dominate 4th line is exactly why you need him there. I don't personally think Ryan can do the same thing.

Imagine when Frolik comes back too:

Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Tkachuk - Backlund - Bennett
Mangiapane - Ryan - Neal
Frolik - Jankowski - Hathaway

That 4th line is a decent 3rd line on 60-70% of the teams in the league.

By the same token, don't you think we should pressure him to produce a little? He's probably capable of plenty more than what he's showing us, wouldn't you say we should challenge him to broaden his game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad