Managerial Thread - 23/24 Season - Lolverpool

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think he likely would.

I've said that following Klopp is not going to be easy. Even if the squad is much closer to being complete. Having to move, learn a league, not be the biggest spender, having other extremely competitive sides are all difficult to handle for any manager.

If Alonso goes to Bayern, sure, the rope might be short, but they're the City of that league. He's already done a lot of the scouting, he can get basically any player he might want, and he doesn't potentially have to move his family. There's also no issues if he says in 2-3 seasons, hey, I'm off to Madrid. At Liverpool, I'm not sure they want to be seen as a stepping stone job.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I expect it's likely wrapped up way before then.
I don’t. I don’t think Alonso is going to announce anything until after Bundesliga season (and maybe the Europa League final) is over. Maybe some whispers, but this is going to linger

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I tend to think he's going to come out and have a statement in a month or so about his plans. I mean, he only really has 10 league matchups left.

It's March. I think by April we'll likely see that title wrapped up.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Okay so Bournemouth’s Technical Director, Richard Hughes has announced that he isn’t going back. He’s been consistently linked to LFC; with some thought that he would come in as DOF to work under (his friend) Michael Edwards; and Edwards would be in a newly created, higher position TBA.

So maybe?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Manager rumors like this don't make any sense. I would be shocked if anyone as professional as Alonso has even said more than two or three words about this situation to anyone (besides his spouse or kids) on the planet.

Unless he has zero intention of moving this summer, then his agent should already be talking to teams.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Unless he has zero intention of moving this summer, then his agent should already be talking to teams.

His agent doesn't make the final decision though, this isn't Mykhailo Mudryk we're talking about.

• Haha
Reactions: cheechoo

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They likely are looking to see what the money is like and what support / plan they'll get.

Whether he spends time on it or not, you're correct in the agent likely having some communications.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sport Bild is reporting that Leverkusen has a 20-strong list of candidates they are scouting/exploring to replace Alonso, including Fabian Hürzeler, Sebastian Hoeneß, Raphael Wicky, Joroen Rijsdijk, and Kieran McKenna.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Liverpool want Xabi but Liverpool wants sporting director first. What if the sporting director doesn't want Xabi?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Might as well put this here even thoug it covers his playing career as well:

United went really hard after Bellingham. Had him at Carrington with Ole, SAF, Bryan Robson and Eric Cantona present. But the kid wanted guaranteed playing minutes and despite refusing to give him that, they respected his ambition. "Most mature 17-year old I've ever met."

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Lower tier source linking Michel Sanchez and Sebastian Hoeness to Chelsea.

Flick, RDZ, Amorim, Mou, Alonso also names discussed for various reasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad