Management Thread: There Is No Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Were you on Reddit after the Canucks took Vegas to 7 games?

I was. I was downvoted a lot too. Any JB criticism was met with an army of shills.

Even now, a lot of people have been blaming the schedule, covid outbreak, flat cap, etc.

It's only now that a lot of people have finally decided to wake up.
I only check Reddit a couple of times per season, they’ve finally turned on Benning this season but they were laughably late to the party.

Honestly didn’t even know CDC still existed.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
This is just flat-out wrong. As early as this most recent offseason people were bragging about the roster Benning had assembled. I got downvoted into oblivion and criticized because I thought this team would miss the playoffs due to cap mismanagement.
Can you link this?

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Were you on Reddit after the Canucks took Vegas to 7 games?

I was. I was downvoted a lot too. Any JB criticism was met with an army of shills.

Even now, a lot of people have been blaming the schedule, covid outbreak, flat cap, etc.

It's only now that a lot of people have finally decided to wake up.

Before this season there was a poll about where the Canucks defense ranked against the north and people were saying 1st.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
I only checked it a couple of times per season, they’ve finally turned on Benning this season but they were laughably late to the party.

Honestly didn’t even know CDC still existed.

Yessir. The string of failures were overshadowed by the phenomenal rookie years from Hughes and Petey.

JB realistically should have been fired in 2016/2017. Spending to the cap and coming in bottom 5 year after year is honestly quite a feat.

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
A lot of people said the Canucks were the best team in Canada after the Vegas run.

A lot of people couldn't stop pumping JB's tires for having built such an amazing team.

I don't have specific links but you just have to take our word for it - we've been around a while.
Your post says:

"I cannot wait for this to happen.

CDC and Reddit is unbearable when it comes to the Benning shilling that's going on."

Can you cite a single example of Benning shilling taking place on Reddit currently?

Reactions: RussianRacket

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Your post says:

"I cannot wait for this to happen.

CDC and Reddit is unbearable when it comes to the Benning shilling that's going on."

Can you cite a single example of Benning shilling taking place on Reddit currently?

Thread was locked? Reddit mods are trippin', but have a look.

Still several posters that want to ride with JB because "drafting".

But why are you so concerned? Benning shilling has been going on for years at Reddit and CDC. HFboards is the only place that has been predominantly anti-Benning since early on.

It's pretty apparent which side was right.

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014

But why are you so concerned? Benning shilling has been going on for years at Reddit and CDC. HFboards is the only place that has been predominantly anti-Benning since early on.

Because you're deliberately exaggerating, and the preponderance of posters who do this and accept and encourage similar exaggerations from others despite it being unnecessary because their general position is more or less correct is fundamentally changing and worsening this board.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Because you're deliberately exaggerating, and the preponderance of posters who do this and accept and encourage similar exaggerations from others despite it being unnecessary because their general position is more or less correct is fundamentally changing and worsening this board.
Simplify the argument then. The team is worse under this management, much much worse. Not every move has been disasterous but compared to good results they are HORRIBLE

FIRE BENNING

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009

I don't know what you're trying to say exactly.

The truth is that Benning shills have been defending Benning for the better part of 6 years on CDC and reddit. I don't need to link you anything.

If you are active in these communities, then you know it happened.

There has only been a turning point this year, where some fans have finally stopped being a Benning shill and looked at this situation more objectively.

There are still several Benning shills out there, kid you not.

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014

there isn’t even a point because you run and hide once someone exposes you
The thread the poster linked was addressed to and solicited comments from Benning supporters, and most top comments in it were still critical of Benning.

Britton

Nov 28, 2008

So I asked this in general but I'll ask you specifically in this case. Why do you care, why do you have to defend Bennings honor here? Like for real, who cares if people exaggerate some things about Benning, he's been a terrible GM that got way too much rope. People are rightly pissed and getting upset over some exaggerations while claiming he deserves to be fired is such passive aggressive BS. This is a guy who ran the Canucks organization into the ground with terrible move after terrible move.

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
I don't know what you're trying to say exactly.

The truth is that Benning shills have been defending Benning for the better part of 6 years on CDC and reddit. I don't need to link you anything.

If you are active in these communities, then you know it happened.

There has only been a turning point this year, where some fans have finally stopped being a Benning shill and looked at this situation more objectively.

There are still several Benning shills out there, kid you not.
You made a post to the effect that there is currently an atmosphere of pro-Benning shilling on Reddit. I objected to this statement because it isn't true.

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
I want Benning and Green gone the day after the final regular season game. I want Roberto Aquilini to be the face of ownership.

Anything less and I’m done until there’s a new owner, and I suspect I’m a small voice in a roar of thousands.

Reactions: vanuck

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
So I asked this in general but I'll ask you specifically in this case. Why do you care, why do you have to defend Bennings honor here?
I'm not defending Benning's honor and agree he should be fired.
Like for real, who cares if people exaggerate some things about Benning
I do, because it's stupid, repetitive and boring.
he's been a terrible GM that got way too much rope.
I agree.
People are rightly pissed
I agree.
and getting upset over some exaggerations while claiming he deserves to be fired is such passive aggressive BS.
No, it's a reasonable reaction. Wanting Benning fired and not saying crazy stuff about it I know is bullshit is actually a more sensible position than wanting Benning fired and doing that.
This is a guy who ran the Canucks organization into the ground with terrible move after terrible move.
I agree.

Last edited:

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
You made a post to the effect that there is currently an atmosphere of pro-Benning shilling on Reddit. I objected to this statement because it isn't true.
Maybe the last time that poster was on Reddit it was prominent. Not sure why this continually happens or why it’s thought to improve the discourse here.

No complaints about but drafting though?

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
Maybe the last time that poster was on Reddit it was prominent. Not sure why this continually happens or why it’s thought to improve the discourse here.

No complaints about but drafting though?
"Benning's great because the team drafted well during his tenure!" is a poorly conceived opinion that is corrected by 20 posters the moment it appears. "Reddit is full of Benning shills right now," and for that matter "The team actually drafted better under Gillis" are objectively false statements that are either ignored by or meet with some level of agreement from those same posters. I think it's obvious why a message board can accommodate one and not the other.

Last edited:

Joe Rogan

Jun 21, 2019
I've been a Canucks fan since 2003, and them playing a meaningless regular season game while the playoffs are going on has to be the pinnacle of embarrassment for this franchise. I hope Benning is restrained to an uncomfortable lawn chair and a ratchet strap with a torque of 300 foot pounds, with his eyes held open while watching this upcoming game on a 22" tv

9d266e781d09f6ff9a49bd44c2b301aafa60a9f1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad