Management Thread: There Is No Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I'm calling BS..I've been to Sweden (Stockholm) and never heard a bad thing about the Canucks.

Surely you've earned a medal in mental gymnastics.

You would get off so much easier if you just joined the rest of us in the reality where Jim Benning is a bad GM and has done things harmful to the franchise on ice product and reputation. It must be exhausting trying to spin every bit of information to fit with the world view you've decided on. Just hop on and join us, I will welcome you with open arms and will forget these past 7 years gladly.

I've lived in Sweden.
I currently live next to Sweden and have relatives there.

Maybe you've visited since I talked to my relatives? Could be that things have changed for the better these past weeks when the Canucks have done awesome things.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
No.

Are we debating in good faith, or in bad faith.

HFCanucks sees through the intellectually dishonest crap we have encountered over the shilling period of Benning's tenure.

Comments denigrating good faith debating are weasel words to deflect and suppress honest debate.

Just like I predicted, we would see more and more of them.

But HFCanucks is on to that crap now.

I'm not really following what this sub-conversation is about, but posters on HF have _always_ been into the logical forms of debate. Thankfully, this is a trait of this board.

I find the cries against such forms telling. It's not even about faith in argument. A poorly framed argument can have every earnest intention behind it. Belief is present, even if misguided. This is more about rejecting logical forms or sticking ardently to 'one's truth'.

An example of this is rejecting the landslide consensus for a given draft, only to equally weight and favour a team specific list. As if the latter better describes the general perception at the time. Like, we know this is poorly reasoned, but there is still fervor behind it.

That's all part of a message board though. The feeling behind a position can obscure logic. Luckily, it's contested at almost every turn.

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Surely you've earned a medal in mental gymnastics.

You would get off so much easier if you just joined the rest of us in the reality where Jim Benning is a bad GM and has done things harmful to the franchise on ice product and reputation. It must be exhausting trying to spin every bit of information to fit with the world view you've decided on. Just hop on and join us, I will welcome you with open arms and will forget these past 7 years gladly.

I've lived in Sweden.
I currently live next to Sweden and have relatives there.

Maybe you've visited since I talked to my relatives? Could be that things have changed for the better these past weeks when the Canucks have done awesome things.
I've been to Finland as well, ..and witnessed their crazy fans at the Hartwall Arena .."Soumi.."...and drank that black Vodka drink served in shots, that has cough syrup candies in it..and even learned a few swearwords along the way.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I've been to Finland as well, ..and witnessed their crazy fans at the Hartwall Arena .."Soumi.."...and drank that black Vodka drink served in shots, that has cough syrup candies in it..and even learned a few swearwords along the way.

Salty liquorice Vodka aka Salmiakki Kossu !

I once got challenged to downing 6 shots of those at once. That did not end too well.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Well folks, this week has definitely been a ride. In the end, the most Canucks loser ending ever. We go through all this shit just to watch yet another late season garbage time energy spurt long after everyone else, literally every else had stopped giving a shit to go proudly marching down the draft ladder. We get reports that AQ is consulting with Canucks alumni in the past because that's been such a great winning strategy for him, to Benning maybe finally being gone to confirmation he's not, reports some guys might potentially want out, in the background of all this a certain someone's legal troubles...and there somehow continue to be people who can look at this and say: Yup. More of that, please sir!

No idea whatsoever how someone can do that. No idea how someone can look at the track record and prognosis of the team and conclude the people in charge are capable of fixing it and building it back into contention. None. Zero.

My confidence level in the AQ/Benning/Weisbrod/empty office team is now into negative numbers. My little mental construction workers have got out the big backhoe-thing with the drill and are digging down through my confidence floor. We're getting into my confidence sub-basement pretty soon, my confidence sewer presumably from there...

Yeah. Not sure what else can be said about it at this point.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
The Canucks actually led the division in man games lost (I think top 10 in the league) Montreal, Calgary, and Ottawa were actually one of the healthiest teams in the league.

Sure they did, Ferland didn't play a game but his missed games count because they put him on LTIR and what is wrong with Beagle, Sutter, Motte and who is Bailey?, Between Ferland and Bailey they account for 112 games, Beagle gets another what 26 as well? 138gms? And those are just LTIR's, how many goals were expected from them?

The only injury that made a big difference was Pettersson.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Go to most foreign countries and say "Vancouver Canucks', and i'm pretty certain you'll usually draw a blank stare.

Yeah, the core is just geriatric at this point..blow it up.

The OBC is holding back progress.

The last impact players seemed happy to be here,..Miller and Schmidt.
Sarcasm right?
What core?
And what young guys? How many under 24 by August? 2?

In hockey players hit their prime from 21 to 27.

So go by Benning's additional 2 years and the existing core is tipping over the edge of being in their prime. And don't start using the Sedins as an example, they were exceptional and Hughes is not going, not grow 4 more inches, gain 45 lbs or, I am afraid to say, learn how to play defence after trying to learn the last 4 years. Every scouting report had him deficient in defence and size. The international size for him is 1.746 m and 65.8 kg

Who says Miller or Schmidt want to stay? Both signed home town discount contracts in states that have no income tax. Both were judged not worth keeping by their teams, cup contending teams.

Hey didn't that Chatfield look like he should be a top 2 defenceman compared to Juolevi or Sautner

Reactions: mossey3535
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad