Management Thread: Living In The Matrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Morpheus: Do you want to know what it is?

The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window, or when you turn on your television.You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.

View attachment 402637
You take the blue pill. You wake up in your bed and believe that the cap situation isn't that bad. That the veterans on the team are bringing a winning culture. That Jim Benning is the right man for the job.

12E88513-6C8A-4553-BF9D-E5F5CFE7FFB8-69652-00000E7FC6E62B76.jpg

You take the red pill. You stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember. All I offering is the truth nothing more.

AEEFFFF9-4056-4C8A-AB5C-8891E26B3058-69782-00000E870699E592.jpg

IMG_0212.PNG

Follow the site rules, or you will have to deal with Agent Smith. (Mr. C)

Attachments

• CF5F255A-2EC7-489D-9BCC-3C1A2E855BF8-69652-00000E7F82C1BD44.jpg
    CF5F255A-2EC7-489D-9BCC-3C1A2E855BF8-69652-00000E7F82C1BD44.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 12E88513-6C8A-4553-BF9D-E5F5CFE7FFB8-69652-00000E7FC6E62B76.jpg
    12E88513-6C8A-4553-BF9D-E5F5CFE7FFB8-69652-00000E7FC6E62B76.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0212.PNG
    IMG_0212.PNG
    633.9 KB · Views: 0

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Unfortunately, I think the Canucks are stuck with Benning for the foreseeable future.

I think Frank will continue to delude himself that having the yes man in place and with it lots of influence in the direction of the team, is more important than winning.

There's zero reason for people to stick around on the sinking titanic that is the Canucks' organization as long as there is no coherent plan in place. Why would you?

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Duthie: Right now the Canucks are thinking about other things, like the trade deadline. What in particular are they going to do to handle the Tanner Pearson situation?
tanner-pearson-ben-chiarot.jpg
Darren Dreger: Well, Jim Benning has to be looking at all his pending unrestricted free agents. The most notable would be Tanner Pearson. There is going to be negotiation and discussions with the Pearson camp but they really haven't started yet. Benning wants to get that process well underway before the April 12 trade deadline. The simple reason is that he needs to understand whether there's a contractual fit between Tanner Pearson and the Vancouver Canucks.

Goddammit this team is f***ed with these idiots running it.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Duthie: Right now the Canucks are thinking about other things, like the trade deadline. What in particular are they going to do to handle the Tanner Pearson situation?
tanner-pearson-ben-chiarot.jpg
Darren Dreger: Well, Jim Benning has to be looking at all his pending unrestricted free agents. The most notable would be Tanner Pearson. There is going to be negotiation and discussions with the Pearson camp but they really haven't started yet. Benning wants to get that process well underway before the April 12 trade deadline. The simple reason is that he needs to understand whether there's a contractual fit between Tanner Pearson and the Vancouver Canucks.

Goddammit this team is f***ed with these idiots running it.
Bhahahaha omg they truly think this season is the anomaly and last years bubble team is who they are.

Reactions: mossey3535

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
This is a classic Bandy post because it’s both substantively and technically off point. It’s substantively off point because you’ve addressed a minor, passing remark which very clearly isn’t the crux of the issue I raised. And it’s technically off point because I very clearly never said that GMs only deserve credit for signing players who didn’t have reasons to want to play for their teams. Very clearly I was only point pointing out that Benning shouldn’t get full credit for signing players that wanted to sign here which is an obviously reasonable and fair point to make.

@bandwagonesque

Waiting on a reply to this Bandy. Moved it over to the new management thread.

Dissonance Jr

Oct 6, 2017
At this point I'm just trying to manage expectations by lowering them through the floor. I've already gone from "We need a new GM before the trade deadline" to "Okay, I hope we at least get a new GM in time to prepare for the expansion draft" to "Gee, it sure would be nice if we don't further cripple the next GM's ability to improve this team by handing out gross extensions to Pearson and Sutter."

Can't wait to see what shred of hope I cling to next!

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Here was my list from the last thread, lets see how many Benning can hit by noon:

------
Lets see if I can hit Benning's excuse list for tomorrow:

-Pandemic
-Flat Cap
-Hamonic, Motte injuries
-Slow start because Miller on the Covid list
-New players on the team, short training camp
-Short off-season after playoff run
-Schedule, played lots of games
-Haven't practiced much

Am I missing anything? And yes, pretty much all of these apply to the rest of the league as well.

Edit, additional add:
-A reference to how the team is "only" so many points out of the playoffs and ignoring the games played differential

------

I'm also going to add on "it's hard to make trades right now in this market", but that's kind of layup.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
Here was my list from the last thread, lets see how many Benning can hit by noon:

------

-Pandemic
-Flat Cap
-Hamonic, Motte injuries
-Haven't practiced much

Am I missing anything? And yes, pretty much all of these apply to the rest of the league as well.

Edit, additional add:
-A reference to how the team is "only" so many points out of the playoffs and ignoring the games played differential

------

I'm also going to add on "it's hard to make trades right now in this market", but that's kind of layup.
Luongo cap hit?

Bob Cajun

Mar 3, 2021

------

-Pandemic
-Flat Cap
-Hamonic, Motte injuries
-Haven't practiced much

Edit, additional add:

------

Ran out of time?

Ninjadude

Oct 25, 2018
How many times will Benning say "You know..." today?

Jim Benning - "You know, this is how we envisioned the team and I believe its turning the corner. You know, last night's game is a good example of how we can play and you know, if we play like this, i think, you know, we are a playoff team. Jake is, as you know, an important player for us and we are not, you know, trying to trade him, but, you know, we are always trying to make our team better. The core of this team, you know, is as good as any in the league and well, you know, if they continue to play this way, we feel, you know, we have a good shot at making the playoffs."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad