Management scenario

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We are a: Good GM, Good Head Coach, Good Assistant Coach, Good AHL coaching staff, Two top 6 wingers, and a top pairing LD away.

We would also need to upgrade the bottom 6 IMHO.
It's hard to tell just how much until we get a proper conductor.
We are still lacking essential grit and aren't likely to find top 6 with both grit and talent.

Soltantgris

May 31, 2010
There is some very positive about Muller addition. That show important 'behind the scene' stuff imo :

- Michel Therrien knows his offensive limitation, and want to improve so bad that he pushed for a very popular guy. Team first.

- Bergevin is well aware that the coaching staff was not good enought (including MT) - and made the right call.

I mean, delegating to someone that could take over your spot if things get ugly need some great dedication, and MT did it.

Muller is a very good bridge between the coach and the player, and will inject (encourage) offensive creativity, and THAT is good when we see such as Galchy ready to get to the next level.

Other positive is Bergevin not rushing to sign every single wet nap of the team. He signed to very skilled player (Lekhonen/Reway), while qualifying some obvious guys (Danault/Ghetto/Barberio/Carr). It is great to know that all these young guns will get into Muller hands.

Still the team lack high end sure offensive power - and this is where Bergevin can hit big - or fail one more time. I always had better time hoping for the best than complaining for the worst, so I still think it is possible we see a very positive turnover without changing everything.

So scenario D ?

- Price get back to former shape.
- Bergevin get rid of Desharnais and maybe one of Emelin or Eller...
- ...and sign Stamkos or offersheet high end RFA.
- Draft talent.
- Let Reway/Lekhonen/Hudon/Carr/Ghetto/Sherbak/9OV battle for offensive minutes under Muller coaching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad