Management scenario

campmolson19

Apr 30, 2009
The Pond
Hypothetical scenarios for upcoming season/results.

1. Price never really fully recovers, Montreal ends up as a lottery team, again. But, Molson cleans house, MB and his his crew are shown the door. (No major roster pieces have been moved out, 2017 is essentially the same roster)

2. Price returns to his MVP self, and they finish just like they did last year, and win at least a round. Again, essentially the same roster, MT is retained, and it's the exact same organizationally, top to bottom.

If you had to choose one.

IMO, I'm really torn, I wish I could put a third option where the coach just gets fired. But, will MB really tether himself to a coach like this with no replacement on the horizon? I do think they're not nearly as bad as they were this year.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Third option is Price returns and the team falters out of the gate leading to a coaching change. That's what I think will happen. I can't stand MT as coach but I rally hope they bring Muller back as an assistant and get rid of JJD/Lacroix. Bringing in Muller would show that they're ready in case the team falters.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
"Hey guys, fun question time! Would you rather drown in acid or get buried alive??"

But seriously, both your options are nightmares but I guess I'd begrudgingly go with #2. Price is too good.

campmolson19

Apr 30, 2009
The Pond
I really don't see MT getting fired if MB is the GM. That's why this is so tough. What if they go 2-10 to start the season? MB has no egress route, no one is suitable in the AHL, and Hartley is no better than MT. That's about it as far as options go. He's really backed into a corner. They won't bring in an unproven guy with this roster.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
I've taken the "no longer care" door.

BargainBin is not going to fire Therrien until he has absolutely no choice. Even then he might make Molson fire them both, I dunno. BargainBin's unflinching loyalty to his pet has resulted in virtually all viable replacement coaching candidates already being taken off the market so it hardly matters anyway. The team absolutely cannot overcome the ineptness of this management to seriously compete for a Stanley Cup, and the roster's window of contention is closer to closing than opening.

Add it all up and there is simply no hope. This core shall pass by with no Cups, the roster shall return to mediocrity, and it will likely be 20, 25 more years before a core this good emerges once again. Ergo it is futile to continue rooting for this team if you want to see a Cup.

C'est la vie.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
...I can't stand MT as coach but I rally hope they bring Muller back as an assistant and get rid of JJD/Lacroix. Bringing in Muller would show that they're ready in case the team falters.

In my dreams, Babcock / Muller / Robinson / Waite could have happen. Would have been incredible.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I've taken the "no longer care" door.

BargainBin is not going to fire Therrien until he has absolutely no choice. Even then he might make Molson fire them both, I dunno. BargainBin's unflinching loyalty to his pet has resulted in virtually all viable replacement coaching candidates already being taken off the market so it hardly matters anyway. The team absolutely cannot overcome the ineptness of this management to seriously compete for a Stanley Cup, and the roster's window of contention is closer to closing than opening.

Add it all up and there is simply no hope. This core shall pass by with no Cups, the roster shall return to mediocrity, and it will likely be 20, 25 more years before a core this good emerges once again. Ergo it is futile to continue rooting for this team if you want to see a Cup.

C'est la vie.

Even the "core" isn't good enough for a Stanley Cup. You need more than 3 players as your core. We have no depth and not much to be exited about in the pipeline.

It's frustrating.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Even the "core" isn't good enough for a Stanley Cup. You need more than 3 players as your core. We have no depth and not much to be exited about in the pipeline.

It's frustrating.

Our core is more than 3 players.

PK,Max,Price,Gally,AG,Petry thats the core with Beau having an outside shot at being core.

In the pipeline we have some intersting pieces like Hudon, Ghetto, Carr, McCarron, Fucale, Scherbak, Lekhonen Lernout, and Julesen. Yes they are prospects and most will bust but its an interesting group. Personally I am very bullish on Big Mac and think within 2 years he will really establish himself on the team. I also think Ghetto and Carr will surprise many this upcoming year and if they stay healthy will pot 30-40 goals between the two of them.

Its not all that bad it just looks a lot worse because of the disaster of Dec/Jan of last year.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
One good thing about this terrible season is that even if the Habs start winning again and management naturally tries to take credit, everyone will essentially tell them to shut up and thank Price.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Our core is more than 3 players.

PK,Max,Price,Gally,AG,Petry thats the core with Beau having an outside shot at being core.

In the pipeline we have some intersting pieces like Hudon, Ghetto, Carr, McCarron, Fucale, Scherbak, Lekhonen Lernout, and Julesen. Yes they are prospects and most will bust but its an interesting group. Personally I am very bullish on Big Mac and think within 2 years he will really establish himself on the team. I also think Ghetto and Carr will surprise many this upcoming year and if they stay healthy will pot 30-40 goals between the two of them.

Its not all that bad it just looks a lot worse because of the disaster of Dec/Jan of last year.

Only Subban and Price to an extend have been proven playoffs performers.

Look at teams that won the Cup in recent years. We are 6 to 7 players away from it.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto

Look at teams that won the Cup in recent years. We are 6 to 7 players away from it.

Sure, that maybe true, but that doesn't mean the list of PK,Max,Price,Gally,AG,Petry aren't our core. And no team has 8-9 playoff stars or playoff performers. You would need a team full of all-stars to do so and no team comes close. We only need about 1 or 2 more elite players to become legit cup contenders.

[with that said, finding those elite players would be very difficult so in that sense, we aren't close to being a contender unless MB is better than we all think]

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

I wont disagree that our players need to step up more in the playoffs. You need money guys like Kessel and Kucherov to make it far. Max, Gally, and AG are going to need to be better in the post season but good thing they are still young.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Third option is Price returns and the team falters out of the gate leading to a coaching change. That's what I think will happen. I can't stand MT as coach but I rally hope they bring Muller back as an assistant and get rid of JJD/Lacroix. Bringing in Muller would show that they're ready in case the team falters.

Dude give me the loto number right now! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Chicago. Toews, Kane, Seabrook, Keith, Hossa, Sharp, Ladd, Brouwer, Versteeg, Campbell, Byfuglien, Bolland...

LA. Carter, Gaborik, Richards, Williams, Kopitar, Doughty, Voynov, Toffoli, Brown, Quick...

Do you want more????

This team isn't winning the cup with our 3 players core.

It's easy to list players of other teams as "Core" after the fact, but Chicago's group hadn't won a thing... until they did. Same with LA and every frikkin roster who wins the first time.

San Jose was a liquidation sale of old parts one year ago.

Montreal has already had playoff success with this core. Absolute nonsense for anyone to claim we're "Six or seven players away" -- add a decent powerplay and we're almost there. Add a good forward and we're there.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's easy to list players of other teams as "Core" after the fact, but Chicago's group hadn't won a thing... until they did. Same with LA and every frikkin roster who wins the first time.

San Jose was a liquidation sale of old parts one year ago.

Montreal has already had playoff success with this core. Absolute nonsense for anyone to claim we're "Six or seven players away" -- add a decent powerplay and we're almost there. Add a good forward and we're there.

We are a: Good GM, Good Head Coach, Good Assistant Coach, Good AHL coaching staff, Two top 6 wingers, and a top pairing LD away.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
We are a: Good GM, Good Head Coach, Good Assistant Coach, Good AHL coaching staff, Two top 6 wingers, and a top pairing LD away.

That's about it, really. Those claiming we are one forward away from a Cup are a little too optimistic, IMHO.

Maybe one veteran forward and a top pairing LD, with a youngster bursting onto the scene at the right time, like Claude Lemieux in '86 or miracle playoff goals from DiPietro in '93, something like that. One forward won't be enough...

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
Lets say a miracle happen and Bergevin find a way to get rid of Plekanec-Eller-Emelin-Desharnais.
We sign Stamkos-Okposo-Lucic.

Paccio- Stamkos - Okposo
Lucic- Galchenyuk - Gallagher
We have plenty of good players that could fill the bottom 6

Beaulieu-Subban
Markov-Petry
Barberio-Pateryn

Price

I say we are 3 players away from being a serious contender.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Option #3

Price reads HFBoards, fakes injury for the first 2 months, Therrien and everyone fired. Comes back to lead the team to a stanley cup.

Option #3 please!!! :amazed::popcorn::sarcasm::shakehead

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Veteran hockey people like Bergs, Dudley, Timmins, etc... hard to believe Habs can make so many mistakes these last few years. Those guys have been in the game all their lives. We were terrible club last season

Slew Foots

Everything is OK
Sep 6, 2006
Option #3

Price reads HFBoards, fakes injury for the first 2 months, Therrien and everyone fired. Comes back to lead the team to a stanley cup.

Option #3 please!!! :amazed::popcorn::sarcasm::shakehead

If only it would be that easy...

If Price fakes injury and we continue to suck gonads, the foxhole will continue to be safe because of their favorite excuse from last year: "our best player is injured". It will be the excuse that just keeps on giving.

Unfortunately, it seems as though the only way to expose these foxhole clowns to the masses is for the team to falter despite Price not being injured.

President Markov

Nov 10, 2015
Gatineau, Qc

Good call btw :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad