Man Mountain's partner

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
Probably all of them, they're all bad. Even Barberio would have as much chance as those dorks.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Even though Jerabek is the biggest unknown here, I actually have a good feeling about him. I don't know if he'll start the season with Weber, but I think he will be the one who ends up next to Weber.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Even though Jerabek is the biggest unknown here, I actually have a good feeling about him. I don't know if he'll start the season with Weber, but I think he will be the one who ends up next to Weber.

I'm with you, I think he'll be decent.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I'm with you, I think he'll be decent.

He,ll take time to adjust to the tempo on the smaller rink and lesser time to make decisions, but I think that he has the skills and the maturity (he's not 18 trying to adjust) to do so.

Don't expect him to start off by playing with Weber, but it might fall to him at some point. His style does complement Weber's style.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He,ll take time to adjust to the tempo on the smaller rink and lesser time to make decisions, but I think that he has the skills and the maturity (he's not 18 trying to adjust) to do so.

Don't expect him to start off by playing with Weber, but it might fall to him at some point. His style does complement Weber's style.

Yes, I think he could even start in the AHL if he needs some time to get used with the smaller rink. But we can still dream around here even if it's quite dark and pessimistic. :)

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Oct-Nov: Alzner
Dec-Jan: Schlemko
Feb-: Bergevin trades for a left defenceman for Weber to play with near the deadline. Maybe Enstrom

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Who ends up on the first pair in your opinion?
The thing is that there one be ONE partner for Weber.

1. Streit would be the best fit for him on the PP, but will see limited icetime at 5-on-5;
2. Davidson, because of his younger age, is probably the only Dman from the group that can still improve. I bet he is the guy who will share most of Weber's icetime. Benn will play with him too, so will Alzner, depending on the oponent. I however feel that Alzner is a better fit for Petry, and that they will be paired togheter.
3. And expect several trades/waives during/after the training camp. There will be talented players among these guys.
EDIT: 4: as for Jerabek, he would indeed be the best fit he could play at the same level Sreit played during his second NHL season... but I expect the guy to be more similar to what Streit looked like during his first NHL season: a player that makes you nervous when he's on the ice. haha

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The thing is that there one be ONE partner for Weber.

1. Streit would be the best fit for him on the PP, but will see limited icetime at 5-on-5;
2. Davidson, because of his younger age, is probably the only Dman from the group that can still improve. I bet he is the guy who will share most of Weber's icetime. Benn will play with him too, so will Alzner, depending on the oponent. I however feel that Alzner is a better fit for Petry, and that they will be paired togheter.
3. And expect several trades/waives during/after the training camp. There will be talented players among these guys.

Funny thing about a PP unless one of the D is forcing the issue on zone entry (probing) there is no odd man advantage. One D has to be able to get up the ice. We struggled with this simple concept for years. Beaulieu was a huge boost in that regard and the results showed.
But... apparently the young man parties on his Bday. :sarcasm:

Streit isn't the answer.
Even way back when;
Souray and a spry Markov were the ones doing the probing.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
It would be awesome for the team if Jerabek took that spot and ran with it right out if the gate.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
You guys have some high standards for Jerabek. Don't know much about him but sounds like he's basically out 2nd best defenseman already.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Jerabek. Not because he's that good - just because he seems to have some offensive prowess. Don't see an Alzner - Weber combo being that great at moving the puck. I can't remember who Julien paired Chara with in Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad