Malkin's 2008 playoffs

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I forgot how top heavy this team was with forwards, that PP unit: Gonch, Geno sid, hossa and roberts/malone..uuh

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Due to the virus we're all cooped up, and I happened to come across this and forgot just how dominate Geno was during the playoffs (up until the Richards hit).

dominant

stannis-grammar.gif

Reactions: Pens1566

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
He was so good before that Richards hit (and that slap shot a few seconds after). Was horrible in the finals, but most were, Detroit was unreal.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
What were the lines for those playoffs?

Dupuis Crosby Hossa
Malone Malkin Sykora
Ruuttu Staal Kennedy
Roberts Talbot Laraque
Hall
??

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
And we could have iced 6 skaters vs Detroit and would probably have lost

I remember thinking that Zetterberg was outrageously good during the 2008 SCF. I don't recall in which game it happened but I remember the Pens having a 5 on 3 PP that got absolutely dominated by Zetterberg, Lidstrom, and probably Rafalski. That 2008 Pens team is one of my favorites in the Crosby era but they just looked so completely outclassed by Detroit throughout every game in the finals. I was proud of the boys for taking two games the way they did and coming within a split hair of potentially taking three games and forcing a game 7.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I remember thinking that Zetterberg was outrageously good during the 2008 SCF. I don't recall in which game it happened but I remember the Pens having a 5 on 3 PP that got absolutely dominated by Zetterberg, Lidstrom, and probably Rafalski. That 2008 Pens team is one of my favorites in the Crosby era but they just looked so completely outclassed by Detroit throughout every game in the finals. I was proud of the boys for taking two games the way they did and coming within a split hair of potentially taking three games and forcing a game 7.

Yea it's kinda bonkers how we were about 1 foot away from Hossa tying Game 6 in the dying seconds. He ran out of room to maneuver around Osgood
Like it seemed we should have been swept, yet they eeked out a couple of W's. That's commendable.

The one thing that irked me about the 2009 Finals in the following year was how MAF would make a save and then 2 Wings players would literally DIVE on him trying to push him/the puck in the net
One of many things/reasons I hated about Detroit lol

Reactions: Ignatius

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Yea it's kinda bonkers how we were about 1 foot away from Hossa tying Game 6 in the dying seconds. He ran out of room to maneuver around Osgood
Like it seemed we should have been swept, yet they eeked out a couple of W's. That's commendable.

The one thing that irked me about the 2009 Finals in the following year was how MAF would make a save and then 2 Wings players would literally DIVE on him trying to push him/the puck in the net
One of many things/reasons I hated about Detroit lol

Lol yeah

YFmq.gif

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I never really had an opinion of Journey until the 08 and 09 finals.

I now f***ing hate Journey and Don’t Stop Believing is an instant skip.

That's more brutal than losing in the Finals.

I'm sorry you've been hurt so bad and hate a sweeeeet jam, now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad