Confirmed with Link: Malkin re-signs to a 4 year, $6.1 million AAV deal (Eklund called it, start singing his praises)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Be surprised if there weren't teams interested in him. And I'm surprised we didn't re-sign him. Had a good year as a 12th/13th forward, pretty good bang for your buck. Seems like a helpful guy in the locker room and on the bench too. If I was a GM of a very young team on an upswing but needing some leadership I'd be calling him, like Ottawa or Detroit. He only plays 4th line and PK so he won't take time away from any prospects or anything. But maybe he wants to stay in a certain geographic area and stick with competitive teams. Nate Thompson keeps getting contracts and that guy absolutely sucks compared to Boyle.

Guess Hextall and Burke just wanted to get younger and faster in the bottom 6 and 4th line especially..

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
giphy.gif

EROD can f*** off like Heinen.
Erod better f*** off unlike Heinen.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Be surprised if there weren't teams interested in him. And I'm surprised we didn't re-sign him. Had a good year as a 12th/13th forward, pretty good bang for your buck. Seems like a helpful guy in the locker room and on the bench too. If I was a GM of a very young team on an upswing but needing some leadership I'd be calling him, like Ottawa or Detroit. He only plays 4th line and PK so he won't take time away from any prospects or anything. But maybe he wants to stay in a certain geographic area and stick with competitive teams. Nate Thompson keeps getting contracts and that guy absolutely sucks compared to Boyle.

Guess Hextall and Burke just wanted to get younger and faster in the bottom 6 and 4th line especially..
Or sully said he didn’t want him back. Boyle doesn’t really fit Sully’s speed system, considering he looks like he has cinder blocks tied to his skate because he so slow.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

Boyle is the antithesis of what I want to see in the bottom 6. I want to see young, fast bubble guys on 1 year deals. I want to see guys run through walls with reckless abandon.

I did like Boyle in terms of what his size brought to the lineup, but his speed was a deterrent to keeping him.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town

Yeah, you nailed it. There is very little to dislike about the guy. He’s physical, responsible, plays with a smile on his face, and is kind of the epitome of what you want from a savvy replacement-level veteran. And despite being slow as hell, he definitely pulled his weight in a 4th line role.

If he was willing to take a 2 way deal, and spend most of that in the press box (until the inevitable mass injury bug hits) I would take him back here in a heartbeat. Of course, that’s with the caveat that Sullivan wouldn’t be playing him before any youngster that deserves/has earned playing time and we all know that wouldn’t happen. If he’s on the team, he’s going to be in the lineup on a nightly basis.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

Plus he’s just got that old man strength. He completely leveled Seider who is basically impossible to move leading to a goal in the 11 goal game.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I just want to know what happened to whiskey, cigars and sex, lots of sex, on your 36th birthday…the young people today are weird…lol

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
You wanted him to post that on his instagram? Gotta go to onlyfans for that kind of content

you can definitely post a snippet of you drinking and smoking a cigar on Instagram…maybe not the third part but do you have to go from that to the extreme of a Lion King themed party? Lol…I mean there’s G rated and then there’s G rated

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
you can definitely post a snippet of you drinking and smoking a cigar on Instagram…maybe not the third part but do you have to go from that to the extreme of a Lion King themed party? Lol…I mean there’s G rated and then there’s G rated

I would bet those shoes/cake are more for his son than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad