jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
If I was a Pittsburgh fan I'd be pretty mad at management for dragging this out
I'm pretty mad as is as a Jets fan

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
If I was a Pittsburgh fan I'd be pretty mad at management for dragging this out
I'm pretty mad as is as a Jets fan

Would you rather Hextall come out and say earlier that they won't sign Malkin? Or would you rather them continue to see if there's a compromise to be made?

Hexy is a tough negotiator and I'd still bet on a deal being done.

Reactions: thegr8one66

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I totally bet Malkin wants to come to Buffalo...I'd be for it. Let me buy him some wings and a 4 pack of Space Kitty and I'll seal the deal.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
What did Ovie get again? Just do that minus a 1M and minus a year. That’s the deal Malkin deserves for the legacy he’s left in Pittsburgh.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Why the hell would the Pens not want to give Geno more than 3 years?

New management, new GM. They're looking to the future, not things that have been done far in the past. Malkin has barely played the last 2 seasons, they want to manage their risk.

chaser17

Dec 30, 2014
I keep seeing this take - and I think it's a really weird one. You think Carter's contract signed ages ago is what's holding this up?
No it simply should have never gotten to this point where Malkin may have no choice but to walk. Probably has more to to with new ownership than anything.

Cape

Dec 31, 2019
Finland
100% agree. Dude has scored 56 points in 90 games for the Pens. How do you get him at such great terms?
The guy is soon 38 years old. You can’t have the oldest team in the league and dream of playoffs succes. Next playoffs pens top 3 centers are 36-, 37- and 38- years old. That if Malkin is with the team.

Reactions: Recipe Unlimited

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
No it simply should have never gotten to this point where Malkin may have no choice but to walk. Probably has more to to with new ownership than anything.

What if Malkin is just asking too much?

It may not be ownership's fault - It may be a really smart move to play hard ball with Malkin if he's asking too much term and money. He gets hurt a lot despite being very good.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I'm sure others have said this, but Malkin to DET would be fun. 2 years - 8 million per. Cap space in Detroit isn't a problem and he would be a great mentor for Suter/Veleno. I know injuries are an issue, but you just can't find PPG players anywhere.

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Raymond
Vrana - Malkin - Zadina / Berggren / UFA

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
F*** “loyalty contracts.” That’s not how success is achieved in competitive sports. The Pens have been loyal to Malkin, and he to them, for 18 years. If his contract is up and he’s not compromising to meet the value the team places on him, he can leave.
And why is that on Malkin? If his contract is up and the team isn't compromising to meet the value he places on himself, they deserve to lose him.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
And why is that on Malkin? If his contract is up and the team isn't compromising to meet the value he places on himself, they deserve to lose him.
Then let him walk he wouldn’t be the 1st legend in Pittsburgh to not finish his career in Pittsburgh. He said money is an issue he doesn’t want his own team because he likes Sid doing all the media stuff.

Reactions: Dominance

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
I love Malkin and really hope he stays a Pen, but he's no where near the player he used to be. Injured constantly, takes dumb penalties at horrible times, and sorely lacking on the defensive side of things. And if the history of athletes is any indication, it's only going to get worse as he ages out. I absolutely see the concern from the Pens side. You can't just throw money and term at someone that hasn't really proved himself lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad