LeBrun: Malkin, Pens still struggling to find common ground on contract

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Any truth to the rumour that Sid took a flight out to see Malkin to talk with him because Geno feels completely disrespected by the Penguins right now?

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Any truth to the rumour that Sid took a flight out to see Malkin to talk with him because Geno feels completely disrespected by the Penguins right now?
No idea. Probably, that seems like a Sid thing to do.

Realistically though Malkin needs to quit whining. Look in the mirror man you are never available for a full season and you stunk it up in the playoffs when we needed you.

He’s not worth more than 3x7 at the most

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Highly probable, but would be almost impossible to confirm. Sid almost never comes out and says things like that. Hes very private. Malkin might confirm it though, especially if he signs a new contract.

Reactions: 93gilmour93

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
No idea. Probably, that seems like a Sid thing to do.

Realistically though Malkin needs to quit whining. Look in the mirror man you are never available for a full season and you stunk it up in the playoffs when we needed you.

He’s not worth more than 3x7 at the most
What F are you talking about he stunk up in the playoffs. The last two years in the playoffs Malkin played well was a point per game till they got eliminated.

Reactions: NoMessi

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
What F are you talking about he stunk up in the playoffs. The last two years in the playoffs Malkin played well was a point per game till they got eliminated.
Meh it's been the effort level, costly mistakes and 2 way play that others are referring to . Racking up power play points is nice but he has been largely ineffective 5v5 . I agree he hasn't been the sole resosn to penguins got eliminated but he has all but lost the ability to take over games. Iam OK with a moderate contract but something needs to give in penguin land

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
Meh it's been the effort level, costly mistakes and 2 way play that others are referring to . Racking up power play points is nice but he has been largely ineffective 5v5 . I agree he hasn't been the sole resosn to penguins got eliminated but he has all but lost the ability to take over games. Iam OK with a moderate contract but something needs to give in penguin land
As i recall, pens sucked on the Power last year and in the playoffs, the front door are you talking about. Hell if the Pens actually had a good Power play they might have eliminated the Rangers. Stop your bull. The Malkin when was still a point per game player while playing with neither of the two best wingers on the team. Let's switch Centers have Crosby play with Malkin Wingers let's see how that would workout. Some of you don't watch hockey and sure as hell just listen to clips and sound bytes from analyst that shape a narrative. STOP

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
As i recall, pens sucked on the Power last year and in the playoffs, the front door are you talking about. Hell if the Pens actually had a good Power play they might have eliminated the Rangers. Stop your bull. The Malkin when was still a point per game player while playing with neither of the two best wingers on the team. Let's switch Centers have Crosby play with Malkin Wingers let's see how that would workout. Some of you don't watch hockey and sure as hell just listen to clips and sound bytes from analyst that shape a narrative. STOP
Let's see he had only 22 5v5 points ......he struggled 5 v5. He played with everyone from rust to Kapanen to zucker to rakell. He couldn't find chemistry anywhere. It's time

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
Let's see he had only 22 5v5 points ......he struggled 5 v5. He played with everyone from rust to Kapanen to zucker to rakell. He couldn't find chemistry anywhere. It's time
Zucker was out 90% of the year, And Zucker has been shit ever since he came to the Pens. Kapanen, there is nothing more to Add, And Rakell was injured in the playoffs and when he got to the pens Rust was injured and was automatically sent to Crosby. So I ask, then the Heck he was supposed to find anything the wingers he had. I bet money you put Crosby with those wingers, Crosby isn't doing shit.

ss53mech

Nov 27, 2010
Jacksonville NC
Zucker was out 90% of the year, And Zucker has been shit ever since he came to the Pens. Kapanen, there is nothing more to Add, And Rakell was injured in the playoffs and when he got to the pens Rust was injured and was automatically sent to Crosby. So I ask, then the Heck he was supposed to find anything the wingers he had. I bet money you put Crosby with those wingers, Crosby isn't doing shit.
Your enthusiasm is noted, but it doesn't change the fact that Malkin's effort level the last couple playoffs has been well below his standard of play. Context matters, for sure. And I'd concede the argument if it was a strictly production related thing, but nah, Geno just flat wasn't good this year.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Wrong. Sid had his best years flanked by Dupuis and kunitz then sheary. Malkin had similar wingers from neal to Kessel to hornqusit. His 5 v5 play is what the concern is as is his personal underlying advanced stats. Malkin no longer has the foot speed he did and it shows. Take away the power play points and he was a low tier 2nd line player or a upper third line guy. Really doesn't matter who he was going to play with...you could put him with ovie and kane and he is isn't going to drastically better . Face the reality, he isn't getting younger or faster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad