News Article: Malkin: I Assured Crosby Sochi Will Be Safe

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Russian hockey star Evgeni Malkin has told R-Sport that he reassured his Pittsburgh Penguins teammate Sidney Crosby the Sochi Olympics will be safe.
Some sports stars have expressed concern over security at the February 7-23 Games after 32 people were killed last month in two bomb attacks in the nearby city of Volgograd.
"That's the question that worries them (NHL players) the most: Will it be safe in Sochi or not? But other than that, everyone's burning to get to Russia, to play the Olympics, although they're worried about security. But I've told them that everything will be OK, that they shouldn't worry," he said.

http://en.rsport.ru/olympics/20140116/715638762.html

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
And as we all know, when Evgeni Malkin speaks about major international security threats, the world listens.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
This doesn't mean the both of them won't get season-ending injuries in a center-ice collision whenever Russia and Canada meet up (hope so).

But car bombs, yeah sure it's safe.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
i wonder why malkin specifically told crosby that sochi will be safe. what about the other olympians on the penguins roster? is it because of the anti-gay laws that russia has recently passed?

What a weird response. What are you trying to say here?

You are a strange fellow :laugh:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
crosby%2Bmalkin%2Bhug.jpg

It's gonna be alright Sid.

calvin-hug1.jpg

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
Not really sure what all this concern is about. Sochi is as safe as any other city in the world that hosts an event of this size.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Not really sure what all this concern is about. Sochi is as safe as any other city in the world that hosts an event of this size.

Yeah because terrorists never attack places that are highly populated, or at times where people congregate for sporting events, not to mention the terrorist attacks that just happened in Russia.

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
Yeah because terrorists never attack places that are highly populated, or at times where people congregate for sporting events, not to mention the terrorist attacks that just happened in Russia.

Well yeah, that's kind of my point. Of course Sochi will be a bigger target during the Olympics but so would be any other host city. I get the feeling people are especially concerned because it's Russia, but that has pretty much nothing to do with the level of danger.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
Well yeah, that's kind of my point. Of course Sochi will be a bigger target during the Olympics but so would be any other host city. I get the feeling people are especially concerned because it's Russia, but that has pretty much nothing to do with the level of danger.

It might have something to do with Russia having 2 very recent deadly terrorist attacks in it, the ongoing turmoils with Chechnya, Chechnya's proximity to Sochi and a Chechen Rebel(who apparently was just announced dead...) vowing to attack the Sochi games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad