Malkin High Sticking Match Penalty (Suspended for One Game)

smd333

May 2, 2012
ff46d6b1ddbe6be0640c7576ff5bcacc

Saw this pic. He never hit him with the stick.
He's looking directly at him and swings the stick. At his head. Honestly it's like groundhog day with these Malkin threads when the Penguins Defense Force comes on and starts apologizing for behavior that has no justification. You can't use your stick as a weapon, you get suspended every time.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Malkin has to know the situation and not retaliate there. Yes he got punched in the back of the head and that should have been called but no matter skate away and win the game. I hope the Pens head coach blast his ass in the presser. time to end this stupid lazy BS play. He demoted Kessel and Phil the thrill had some hustle tonight. Time to reward the guys who hustle play smart and don't put your team in a bad position.
They don't even call those little punches to backs of heads/helmets in youth hockey, you think they're gonna call it in NHL? :biglaugh:

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
He's looking directly at him and swings the stick. At his head. Honestly it's like groundhog day with these Malkin threads when the Penguins Defense Force comes on and starts apologizing for behavior that has no justification. You can't use your stick as a weapon, you get suspended every time.

Sometimes even lose your career too.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Really is anyone surprised? This guy has been a dirt bag since the day he stepped into the league, it's not often but he dishes out his fair share of cheap shit throughout every season.

He has always been a very unlikable player. Wish he would have taken after Crosby as he got older, he matured into a very likable player as he got older (this coming from a Ranger fan).

Reactions: Cody Webster

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Raffl is a scrub. He should be thanking his lucky stars he gets to share the same ice rink with a player like Malkin. And then he punches him in the back of the head. What a piece of ****

Reactions: BrendanGallagher11

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
That's OK then. Ring the DOPS and let them know we can wrap this one up. He recklessly swung his stick at head height, but because this time it miraculously didn't hit anyone, we can all go home early.
I'm not saying anything like that. I was just putting the pic out there. I found a still shot and it looked like it didn't hit him. I'm a Flyers fan and don't really like Malkin so put the pitch fork down.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Well allow me better reiterate some of what's been poorly communicated in this thread...Raffl punched him in the back of the head needlessly, what goes around comes around bud.

Most of these situations can all be avoided if the refs weren't so awful and did their jobs calling penalties instead of just blatantly missing the obvious call.

Reactions: Patric Hornqvist

Fordy

May 28, 2008
don't care if he gets suspended. raffl got what he was asking for there

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Well allow me better reiterate some of what's been poorly communicated in this thread...Raffl punched him in the back of the head needlessly, what goes around comes around bud.

Most of these situations can all be avoided if the refs weren't so awful and did their jobs calling penalties instead of just blatantly missing the obvious call.

yeah, that Steve Moore totally got what was coming to him too...right?

that's your logic above

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
It's laughable seeing these Pens fans come in pretending like swinging a stick at someone's face is an acceptable form of retaliation for a punch. Raffl should have received a penalty for sure but the homer glasses are really tinted yellow in this thread if people think that swing was deserved.

Alfapet

Oct 26, 2007
Should be at least two games. He got handled pretty hard though, with a cross check and a (weak) punch.

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
Eye for an eye, reap what you sow.

Don't want to get a stick in the face? How about DON'T punch superstars in the back of the head.

Sure .... because the two are absolutely comparable.
Instead, here's an alternative, if a guy hits you with his FIST, you swing back at him with your ......FIST.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
yeah, that Steve Moore totally got what was coming to him too...right?

that's your logic above

No because Bertuzzi had nothing to do with the incident and came in as an instigator looking for trouble.

In this case Raffl came looking for trouble and he found it...chances of him doing that to Malkin again? 0%

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I’m not gonna excuse a stick swing like that but I think some people need to take a step back and realize all the abuse that Malkin (and other stars) have taken over their careers to see how they can lose their shit sometimes when another shit stirrer comes in and start throwing cross checks and punches.

I’m sure Geno sits for a bit and the Flyers will come after him at the Stadium Series gsme.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
I just love some of the rhetoric in this. Don’t hit superstars. Don’t abuse superstars. I guess it’s perfectly fine to jaw you’re third liners and second pair. Maybe someone should bring a gun and kneecap a forth liner. This goes right back to the preferential treatment that the stars wrongly get—my guess is that if the players roles were reversed, raffl would get five.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad