Malkin : "Crosby is the most professional guy I've ever met"

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Just so all of you know, the reason Crosby sometimes plays chippy is because he is a human man in the NHL, as are the other 700 players who do the exact same crap or worse every single game.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I love that Geno still insists on coming out on to the ice last because he is a veteran over Crosby :laugh:

Only happened that first year. Since then, it just is what it is. Neither of those guys are going to change that up now.

useless

Feb 2, 2011
Just so all of you know, the reason Crosby sometimes plays chippy is because he is a human man in the NHL, as are the other 700 players who do the exact same crap or worse every single game.

That and guys are taking cheap shots at him 24/7 to 'throw him off'.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I gotta ton of respect for Crosby. The guy is the "most professional" superstar in any sport ever. Such a hard worker, never seems to let distractions bother him.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I gotta ton of respect for Crosby. The guy is the "most professional" superstar in any sport ever. Such a hard worker, never seems to let distractions bother him.

Never go Tiger Woods though...

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

What distractions? Dude doesn't live in the real world he lives in a bubble and he is a hockey robot. He probably hasn't had an original thought about any thing beyond hockey in his entire life.

He is an artist on the ice for sure and a hard working man at his craft but beyond that, eh, I doubt he is someone that you would want to know unless you wanted to talk hockey 24/7.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
What distractions? Dude doesn't live in the real world he lives in a bubble and he is a hockey robot. He probably hasn't had an original thought about any thing beyond hockey in his entire life.

He is an artist on the ice for sure and a hard working man at his craft but beyond that, eh, I doubt he is someone that you would want to know unless you wanted to talk hockey 24/7.

I somehow highly doubt all of this.

SongforaFriend

Apr 20, 2012
Ontario

Do you seriously think this?

SenorDingDong

Apr 1, 2006
Toronto

Knowing people who work in the Pens organization, you are 100% wrong on this.

The consensus is - "he is the definition of a professional, takes his training to an obsessed level but remains unbelievably humble. If you didn't know he was famous, you wouldn't if you talked to him as he comes across as just one of the guys."

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site

I am sure he would be just as tickled to hang with you too.

Kuhta

Dec 8, 2006
Helsinki
Teammate complimenting another in media. Hardly anything new here. I am sure it goes the other way around also, Crosby learns from Malkin too.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York

The fact that he's the best player in the league just draws more attention to it.

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009

Many complained about this post but I agree with him. I haven't met Crosby and this might not apply to him but I was out drinking with a couple of current and former NHL players last summer and at least two of them had nothing at all to contribute to normal conversations outside of hockey. I didn't mind though since I love hockey, but their perception of life was a lot different than mine, thats for sure.

And even the guys who had a lot to bring to the table outside of hockey lives inside that hockey bubble.

Hobodrifter

Jan 23, 2009
Jeannette
Knowing people who work in the Pens organization, you are 100% wrong on this.

The consensus is - "he is the definition of a professional, takes his training to an obsessed level but remains unbelievably humble. If you didn't know he was famous, you wouldn't if you talked to him as he comes across as just one of the guys."

I'm friends with someone who had to do some legal work for Crosby and went to his house. They said Sid was very hospitable and friendly, though he was almost painfully quiet at times. Mario was there too apparently, guess he didn't say much either.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I'm friends with someone who had to do some legal work for Crosby and went to his house. They said Sid was very hospitable and friendly, though he was almost painfully quiet at times. Mario was there too apparently, guess he didn't say much either.

So he didn't do any selfies and tweet that he was having lunch? Horrible person.

Wolf Larsen

Jan 10, 2017
I have a hard time seeing Ovechkin living in Crosby's shadow.

Perhaps it was fortunate Pens picked second that year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad