Malkin : "Crosby is the most professional guy I've ever met"

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
What distractions? Dude doesn't live in the real world he lives in a bubble and he is a hockey robot. He probably hasn't had an original thought about any thing beyond hockey in his entire life.

He is an artist on the ice for sure and a hard working man at his craft but beyond that, eh, I doubt he is someone that you would want to know unless you wanted to talk hockey 24/7.

I don't know if you know, but Sidney Crosby took a college history class FOR FUN a year or two ago.

I don't think Sid is a dummy.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
What distractions? Dude doesn't live in the real world he lives in a bubble and he is a hockey robot. He probably hasn't had an original thought about any thing beyond hockey in his entire life.

He is an artist on the ice for sure and a hard working man at his craft but beyond that, eh, I doubt he is someone that you would want to know unless you wanted to talk hockey 24/7.

Pretty harsh, in Crosby's perspective.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/8936666-74/crosby-hockey-sidney

"He later told a story of Crosby, early in his career, refusing to drive his car too often because he feared exceeding the lease's miles limit.

“I was like, ‘They might give you double what the car's worth anyway because they can resell it to someone and say, ‘Sidney Crosby drove this,' †Tremblay said. “But that's the type of guy he is.†"

He only cares about money :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Vide

Mar 2, 2015
I think Malkin-Crosby relationship is pretty similar to what is going on in Edmonton now with Draisaitl-McDavid. Some very talented guys pushing each other to be better every day. That's cool to see.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site

It's ironic that a Caps fan would downplay the ability for a team's superstar to not let his performance and professional approach be affected by distractions.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013

Crosby was raised on the east coast of Canada in a small town. There's a reason he is not some party guy like ovechkin is. And btw how is that going for ovechkin? Crosby does other things like fishing etc

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Maybe if Ovechkin was more committed to ice hockey he'd still be a top 50 player at the age of 31.

useless

Feb 2, 2011
I think Malkin-Crosby relationship is pretty similar to what is going on in Edmonton now with Draisaitl-McDavid. Some very talented guys pushing each other to be better every day. That's cool to see.

McDavid has it good. He has a solid team to compete against in practices then in the summer Sidney trains with him and helps him. With hard work McDavid has a good chance to be a very special player in this league.

uclaw

Aug 2, 2005
Malkin raises his game when Crosby is out - so as others have said, I think Malkin is a great player for reasons unique to him.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

yea too bad that Crosby runs a free hockey seminar for kids and does a lot for the community. total dummy

:sarcasm:

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
It's called focus.
of which non-elite players lack.
You don't get elite with an average level of focus.

I'd say I'd concentrate on hockey if I were him. Lots of time for other stuff later. Especially for Sidney Crosby.

I'm friends with someone who had to do some legal work for Crosby and went to his house. They said Sid was very hospitable and friendly, though he was almost painfully quiet at times. Mario was there too apparently, guess he didn't say much either.

He seems that way by nature, but talks to the media because he has to do it.

It's ironic that a Caps fan would downplay the ability for a team's superstar to not let his performance and professional approach be affected by distractions.
+Winner.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Aka Crosby is as boring in real life as he is in interviews

Hockey players are supposed to win games, not entertain you in interviews.

"Boring" to you is two gold medals and two Stanley Cups to me.

But hey, you know who is good in interviews? Ovechkin. So cool how he says amazing things just before he gets eliminated by a team captained by Crosby all the time. So entertaining that guy. Then the post-elimination quotes? So entertaining. I be Caps fans appreciate that entertainment every year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad