Malkin best in the world - 1st period best in recent memory

Lindros_for_rizzle_

Oct 20, 2005
His first period today he took over like no one. Some of the passes you just don´t see anyone else do. He should have had four or five assists and then that shift where he just would not let the Sens touch the puck that simply destroyed them for the rest of the game and possibly the series. I don´t think anyone with a straight face can say Malkin is not the best in the world anymore. There´s nothing Crosby has on him, especially not Crosby´s overrated defence. Frankly I´m sick of the Crosby fans making up arguments which is down to nothing else than extreme bias.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
1 period really proves it.

Not to say Malkin isn't in the conversation, however if one wants to make an argument for who the best player in the world is, they are going to need to bring more than 1 period to the table.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Crosby is better.

I don't own a Crosby jersey but I do own a Malkin jersey that I bought myself.

And I like Malkin more. Don't think I can be biased here

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
His first period today he took over like no one. Some of the passes you just don´t see anyone else do. He should have had four or five assists and then that shift where he just would not let the Sens touch the puck that simply destroyed them for the rest of the game and possibly the series. I don´t think anyone with a straight face can say Malkin is not the best in the world anymore. There´s nothing Crosby has on him, especially not Crosby´s overrated defence. Frankly I´m sick of the Crosby fans making up arguments which is down to nothing else than extreme bias.

Certainly, if I'm going to make the decision of who the best player in the world is, I'm going to use a single period of hockey as a sample size.

It was a great period.

Crosby is better than him.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Nothing Crosby has on him? Karlsson is probably the best player in the world right now anyway.

qoct-1617-PIT-crosbsi87-both.png
qoct-1617-PIT-malkiev86-both.png

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Turns a "praise Malkin" post into a "bash Crosby" post. Congrats. Why would Crosby fans hate Malkin anyway? Like they're on the same team and both are equally as responsible for winning 2 cups and where the team is at right now :laugh:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Turns a "praise Malkin" post into a "bash Crosby" post. Congrats. Why would Crosby fans hate Malkin anyway? Like they're on the same team and both are equally as responsible for winning 2 cups and where the team is at right now :laugh:

And if the pics that get passed around hockdey twitter are any indication, literally half of Malkin's instagram account is him calling Crosby 'best friend'.

I don't think they have many issues between them. :laugh:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

I love all my generational talents equally. :)

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
And if the pics that get passed around hockdey twitter are any indication, literally half of Malkin's instagram account is him calling Crosby 'best friend'.

I don't think they have many issues between them. :laugh:

Yeah that's right, him and Crosby are best friends. Like that's totally true. Like no Crosby fan hates Malkin, they may think Crosby is better but they don't hate Malkin.

Speaking of that, I always find it funny how people used to suggest Malkin wants his own team and to get out of Crosby's spotlight. It's so far from the truth.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Malkin's best is better than anyone else, but he's just not as consistently on as Sid is.

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
I think Malkin is a better player, something I've debated several times here. But to use 1 period as an example is not the way to go.

But look how much more dangerous his line is when they don't have Kunitz dragging them down.

also, those charts are hard to read and I would need them to be explained before I take them as any sign of evidence. When I read it I thought it said that Malkin had way less ice time with Letang, which seems about right.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
This is a cool chart but I can't figure out how to read it properly.
Derp, sorry my fault. This is usage by % of ice-term. Left side is how team mate usage, right side is the opposition. The numbers designate the depth chart based on ice-time. The red bar is the player's own usage, so obviously Crosby is 1 and by a fair margin. From hockeyviz.com.

Here is Dan Girardi's which is an easier way to understand it because everyone knows he sucks but still plays on the Rangers' top-pairing most of the time, as well as Tanner Glass

qoct-1617-NYR-girarda84-both.png
qoct-1617-NYR-glassta83-both.png

HoRneR814

Apr 23, 2014
Look at his avatar maybe we should listen to him he should know something about someone being overrated :D

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
Also like to say that I really want Crosby to show me that he is an all-time great, since that is almost consensus, so I won't get mad every time people on this site, or in any other forum, says "Crosby is the best since Lemieux", "Crosby is top 5 all-time" and "Crosby is better than Lemieux". That last one said by Illpucks about a week ago is so absurd I almost left this site.

Aug 3, 2010
Malkin at his very best is the unarguable best player in the world, with his natural talent combined with his size and skill. Firing on all cylinders, however, is not his default mode of operation, thus his lack of consistency puts him below Crosby overall.

And I'm a Malkin fan… not that I hate Crosby but that's just how it's always been, since 2009.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad