News Article: Malkin and Letang named to ASG. Sid not.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
Don't even watch it anymore.

Waste of time unless you are in fact in the city where it's held.

I love the 3 v 3 format.

And I always adore the ASG. I love the feeling in the building. The pomp. The fun.

Especially when there's a draft and Ovi pulls shenanigans. That kind of stuff is magical.

FDR

Apr 27, 2015
I haven't watched an All-Star game of any kind from any sport in well over 15 years. With the ease of seeing every player in the league any time i want, i don't see the point anymore.

We talkin' bout exhibition?

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Sid should not have made the allstar game because he's been really bad this year. I'm not sure why people are having trouble with that. It's OK to say it. He's looking much better, but as a whole, this has not been an allstar season and Malkin was the better coice.

Personally, I wish all the Pen's would get "snubbed."

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
So wait they're doing 3-on-3 for an entire game? That's brutal. I remember doing that at pickup once because there weren't enough skaters and I was ****ing dying. We had to move the nets.

Sid will benefit from the rest I hope, considering this burst he's been on now coincided with a decent, 4-5 day lay-off.

And the quality of the ASGs has been pretty low for some time. What I hate most about them is that they mic up players and interview them during the play and it just leads to really awkward exchanges that make me cringe. Inevitably the mic cuts out or falls out. And the announcing team always tends to put way more stock into the situation as a whole than is warranted. They make little things happening in the game into some big deal and then start pushing the players about it as if any of them give a **** about anything but getting out of there without an injury.

Last edited:

jjp66

Apr 10, 2015
I haven't watched an All-Star game of any kind from any sport in well over 15 years. With the ease of seeing every player in the league any time i want, i don't see the point anymore.

We talkin' bout exhibition?

The MLB ASG is the only one worth watching really.. Players don't loaf around like other sports.. It's still viewed as more of a honorable/prestigious event than ASGs from other sports, which are almost purely offensive exhibitions.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
No big deal.

I'd rather Sid rest up now and go into beast mode after the ASG and have him, Geno, and MAF (hopefully) get us into the playoffs.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Good? I hope Sid takes the time to rest, recharge and let this fire him up.

I'd rather not see any Pens get invited or voted or whatever the stupid way is.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
So wait they're doing 3-on-3 for an entire game? That's brutal. I remember doing that at pickup once because there weren't enough skaters and I was ****ing dying. We had to move the nets.

Sid will benefit from the rest I hope, considering this burst he's been on now coincided with a decent, 4-5 day lay-off.

And the quality of the ASGs has been pretty low for some time. What I hate most about them is that they mic up players and interview them during the play and it just leads to really awkward exchanges that make me cringe. Inevitably the mic cuts out or falls out. And the announcing team always tends to put way more stock into the situation as a whole than is warranted. They make little things happening in the game into some big deal and then start pushing the players about it as if any of them give a **** about anything but getting out of there without an injury.

If thats true, any goalie involved is gonna have his ego crushed. :laugh:

Sure glad MAF wasn't selected.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

They are doing a 20 minute 3 on 3 tournament. Metro vs Atlantic, Pacific vs Central (just a guess) and then winners vs.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
How is this still a thing?

I've asked this every year for the last 9yrs.

I'm just glad Crosby and everyone else on the team gets a chance to rest, it sucks that Letang and Malkin are going to this though. If there's one person out of the two that I wouldn't mind seeing get rest, it's Letang. Malkin, I think he loves this way too much to ever say no even if he was tired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad