News Article: Malkin and Letang named to ASG. Sid not.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014

CYDWEaZWcAAXsFi.png

Surprised at Letang. There's obviously some kind of internal quota that they can select per team, and they probably needed a D-man over a forward to round out the Metro, but still pretty shocking to see Geno in over Sid. Especially how Sid has been playing lately.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Pierre LeBrun hinting that Crosby maybe turned it down.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Even if Sid didn't turn it down, that's probably the right decision. Malkin, until recently, has been better than Sid. Letang, when healthy, has put up a lot of points and offense and skating is what this game will be about.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Metro and Central are my picks for the final with the Central winning. That's a ridiculous team:

Benn
Seguin
Josi

Toews
Kane
Weber

Duchene
Tarasenko
Buff

Just my guess at lines.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I know the All star game is a joke, but I actually think this will be fun to watch (if they remotely try).

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Letang at his best deserves it. We have only recently begun seeing that version of Letang though. His body of work since the start of the season is not ASG worthy.

I'm surprised Sid didn't get it purely because of name recognition, but I'm glad he's not going. Same with Flower. Give those guys a rest.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
I really hope Crosby did turn it down just because I know how much it would annoy a lot of people.

I'm actually glad he's not going. I wish Geno/Letang were staying home too. It's such a dull, pointless event and knowing our luck one of these guys is gonna blow out a knee or something.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Even if Sid didn't turn it down, that's probably the right decision. Malkin, until recently, has been better than Sid. Letang, when healthy, has put up a lot of points and offense and skating is what this game will be about.

Eh, even with his really slow start he's still outplaying Tavares and Giroux.

He wouldn't have showed up either way, he never does.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
After seeing him play with a week off, he should be encouraged to take breaks as often as possible

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
IMO, they should have kicked out Backstrom and Letang and put in Crosby and Carlson. That's not getting into how little Tavares or Giroux deserve to be there for the Metro.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I don't think you can turn it down?
Or maybe i'm wrong.
Was Sid one of the voted in ones last year?

I know the 4 top vote getters in each division are the captains i believe and they said NHL's hockey ops picks the rest.

I mean, i don't care, like, at all.
But i can see Hockey Ops steering away from Sid with his play + what happened last year.

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
Crosby does not deserve it. He has like 10 good games this season. In these 10 games he is looking like the best player in the world again and I love how he is playing but to think he would deserve an All-Star nomination, shows how short memories on message boards are. I'm confident in Sid and was it all the time during his slump but 75% of his games were ****. He obviously was hindered by MJ and still is by his wingers but he simply did not deserve it.

Malkin and MAF carried this team for the most part of this season (to this point).

And I'm not sure if there are 2 better defenseman than Tanger this year in the Metro, because he is clearly better than McD. Carlson is but the Caps already send 3 players and I believe Backstrom was sent because he is constantly a top point producer but never went before. Kuzy could have gone too. The Caps are playing a hell of a season :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad