MALIK REPORT : rfa questions for the wings

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Tampa has 5.3 million to re-sign: Cirelli, Cernak, Sergachev. If Detroit is going to help with their massive cap problem we are going to take 1st round picks not B level prospects.
Dude the stars aligned for the Marleau deal.

no one is going to give you a first to get rid of a guy that would only have a two year buyout penalty.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

no one is going to give you a first to get rid of a guy that would only have a two year buyout penalty.

Perhaps there's a creative option like moving up in the draft. Turn the early 2nd rounder into another 1st?

Although if it's Tampa, at this point, that could only be moving up a couple spots.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Perhaps there's a creative option like moving up in the draft. Turn the early 2nd rounder into another 1st?

Although if it's Tampa, at this point, that could only be moving up a couple spots.
Tampa doesn’t have any one year deals to get rid of.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada

be that as it may, we shouldn’t give up our cap space to solve someone else’s problem if they aren’t going to make it worth our while. There is an opportunity cost to making these moves so I ain’t settling for a late 2nd or 3rd. With 3 years of flat cap I’d rather hold our cap space than turn cheap tricks for contenders.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
be that as it may, we shouldn’t give up our cap space to solve someone else’s problem if they aren’t going to make it worth our while. There is an opportunity cost to making these moves so I ain’t settling for a late 2nd or 3rd. With 3 years of flat cap I’d rather hold our cap space than turn cheap tricks for contenders.
I agree. My point is, you aren’t getting a first for a one year cap dump. Unless there is a unicorn scenario like Toronto and Marleau. Which I don’t think currently exists.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Quite sure Yzerman takes a player from Tampa, if there's a trade, because he knows his own guys 100%.

And it's more probable is to get picks from somewhere else like from Vegas (Fleury).

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Quite sure Yzerman takes a player from Tampa, if there's a trade, because he knows his own guys 100%.

And it's more probable is to get picks from somewhere else like from Vegas (Fleury).
I'd agree with that, but then A.Erne is also the opposite, meaning I doubt Yzerman would do that trade again if a re-do were possible. But he was desperate so I understand.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I'd agree with that, but then A.Erne is also the opposite, meaning I doubt Yzerman would do that trade again if a re-do were possible. But he was desperate so I understand.

I've thought this much further. Could be that Erne is here to "sell" Detroit as a destination for the next Tampa guy to arrive.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Is this a bit?

I thought you were talking about Tampa! You quoted a post about Tampa. I dunno how else to phrase this to move us along, lol.
I was... I think... at this point idk if anything’s true. I’m so confused I’m questioning if this is even happening.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009

I'll take Brayden Point, hehe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad