Post-Game Talk: Make it 6!

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
we didn't carry the third.

It's fun to watch, I'll give it that.

We narrowed the shots tremendously and possessed the puck way more. Giving STL way, WAY too much credit. They did nothing spectacular after the first. They were kept to the perimeter and they're pp was abysmal and our pk was excellent. Our pps at least had looks except the bad 4 on 3.

We had a solid road game.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Special teams were great besides not scoring a PP goal. Scoring a SH goal makes up for it.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Mrazek was on GOD-mode. He just refused to let puck go in. Only one was a lucky bounce from a skate.

If he can keep that level, we have Vezina/Conn Smythe-guy in our hands.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
To the person who asked, Sproul wasn't that noticeable bar a couple of nice plays in the o-zone

After two bad games in Florida, the system is starting to take shape a bit. Still a bit too much dumping and icing of the puck, and the d-core gives up too many chances, but at least we are now creating 2-3 genuine scoring chances a period at least. And if the shot clock bad been working for the first 30 mins we would have equalled their shot totals.

Mrazek excellent again. Gives up the odd softy, but can also regularly make brilliant saves at key times.

Great to see big rig's play so improved even she we don't control the match-ups and Sheahan and Abby aside most of the roster are playing at a good level at the moment, in complete contrast to last year.

St. Louis will be up there again, but if we could add Pietrangelo and Tarasenko, we'd be better than them.

Loved z passing in the shootout winner. The guy can't shoot at all anymore but his passing is still delicious.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
We narrowed the shots tremendously and possessed the puck way more. Giving STL way, WAY too much credit. They did nothing spectacular after the first. They were kept to the perimeter and they're pp was abysmal and our pk was excellent. Our pps at least had looks except the bad 4 on 3.

We had a solid road game.

Which speaks volumes about how the rest of the game went if the third was considered a success. St.Louis repeatedly had more quality chances and had us chasing.

Now, it doesn't matter if Tatar and Nyquist could bury their chances, but they didn't. And stuff like that often gets you killed playing rope-a-dope against a better team. Instead, the shootout offered the best reason for why we won: our goalie was very good and no one could finish - on either team.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
To the person who asked, Sproul wasn't that noticeable bar a couple of nice plays in the o-zone

After two bad games in Florida, the system is starting to take shape a bit. Still a bit too much dumping and icing of the puck, and the d-core gives up too many chances, but at least we are now creating 2-3 genuine scoring chances a period at least. And if the shot clock bad been working for the first 30 mins we would have equalled their shot totals.

Mrazek excellent again. Gives up the odd softy, but can also regularly make brilliant saves at key times.

Great to see big rig's play so improved even she we don't control the match-ups and Sheahan and Abby aside most of the roster are playing at a good level at the moment, in complete contrast to last year.

St. Louis will be up there again, but if we could add Pietrangelo and Tarasenko, we'd be better than them.

Loved z passing in the shootout winner. The guy can't shoot at all anymore but his passing is still delicious.

They are just holding on to it a bit longer. Not giving up odd man rushes with crappy low percentage shots. Still use the speed that Blash's system wants, but instead of a crappy off the pad shot turned back our way they are dumping it or holding on to it for a higher percentage chance. A bit more puck possession and high quality chances are doing us wonders.

The little tweaks!

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

I think if we took any team's best two players away from them, we'd be better than that team.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Blues fan here, coming in peace! Full disclosure, I have hated the Redwings for almost 30 years as the Redwings ended Blues postseasons year after year when we were in the same division. Tonight was a fun, end to end game that didn't have the animosity or hatred the two teams had in the past. Good game, both teams had their moments, I feel your goalie stole two points tonight. I learned that I no longer really hate the Redwings, lol. Now it is only the Blackhawks. And maybe the Kings and Sharks in the West, lol.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
SndMC95.gif

Marchenko made a nice defensive play on Tarasenko to set up the shorty.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Blues fan here, coming in peace! Full disclosure, I have hated the Redwings for almost 30 years as the Redwings ended Blues postseasons year after year when we were in the same division. Tonight was a fun, end to end game that didn't have the animosity or hatred the two teams had in the past. Good game, both teams had their moments, I feel your goalie stole two points tonight. I learned that I no longer really hate the Redwings, lol. Now it is only the Blackhawks. And maybe the Kings and Sharks in the West, lol.

stop it I still hate the blues. :popcorn: I still have no feelings about the teams in the Wings conference.

redwings72

Oct 15, 2016
Big road win tonight! Can't wait to continue to watch mrazek turn into one of the top goalies in the league in the next few years. He was unreal tonight. Nice to see Z get the shootout winner too.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Yuck an ugly ugly game from the Wings. Another one we completely stole on the road. I should be happier but am stupefied. Yes I agree without Mrazek going Berserk and a lot of luck the Red Wings should have been barbecued wings.

Coaching deserves the blame for how labored and slow we were moving. As a player you have nights where you feel lifeless for no reason, but an entire team? Our fastest- Larkin, AA, Nyquist, Glendening, etc. took no more than 3 strides and then coast. I hope whatever sickness Abdelkader has returning didn't infect the team. :) No practice please, guys need to rest and refuel the jet-packs.

Embarrassing show from Helm. The second I start raving he goes and has a game like this. So many stumbles, fumbles, getting burned multiple times. Most the team wasn't great. Meh Mrazek was a superstar again the 1st half of the game saved us.

The overtime was a little annoying, the face-palming mistakes and lack of discipline. Zetterberg takes over a minute shift, also Tatar way too long out there. I'd describe OT as amusing rather than entertaining.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Nyquist took over a 1 minute shift to start the OT. Sometimes it's hard to get off the ice in a 3 on 3, Z was the only one that took too long of a shift in OT that had ample time to get off at one point, that was frustrating to me. I feel like Tats gets nitpicked too much on this board, granted he has been snakebit recently.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Tatar shouldn't be with Z. Z frustrates me so much. I cannot stand him grinding into a corner and throwing a bank shot at the net. Thats just me though. I feel whoever plays long-term with Z will struggle to score, besides Larkin maybe

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Yuck an ugly ugly game from the Wings. Another one we completely stole on the road. I should be happier but am stupefied. Yes I agree without Mrazek going Berserk and a lot of luck the Red Wings should have been barbecued wings.

Coaching deserves the blame for how labored and slow we were moving. As a player you have nights where you feel lifeless for no reason, but an entire team? Our fastest- Larkin, AA, Nyquist, Glendening, etc. took no more than 3 strides and then coast. I hope whatever sickness Abdelkader has returning didn't infect the team. :) No practice please, guys need to rest and refuel the jet-packs.

Embarrassing show from Helm. The second I start raving he goes and has a game like this. So many stumbles, fumbles, getting burned multiple times. Most the team wasn't great. Meh Mrazek was a superstar again the 1st half of the game saved us.

The overtime was a little annoying, the face-palming mistakes and lack of discipline. Zetterberg takes over a minute shift, also Tatar way too long out there. I'd describe OT as amusing rather than entertaining.

You expected them to waltz right into St. Louis and dominate? The Red Wings played much better the second half of the game than the first half. Not a lot of room out there to make plays. They limited St. Louis' chances to the perimeter, which Mrazek was gobbling up.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Z has been great imo. He's so smart, and still hard to take the puck from when he has it. Slow as hell but he has been setting up a lot of plays. Tatar should have scored another 3-4 goals this season off Zetterberg passes.

SndMC95.gif

Marchenko made a nice defensive play on Tarasenko to set up the shorty.
Good catch. Marchenko's stickwork defensively is very good, doesn't get enough credit on this board.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I feel like Z hasbeen running the PP again. Should be Green.

The whole game is running through Z, 21:18 most TOI again. I've stated my disagreement with his usage but am accepting this is one of those Red Wings things that won't change. He might not be able to skate but he's as strong as an ox and his passing is as good as anyone. Unbelievable vision. I find it a corny decision to depend this much on the captain but it's something I've come to terms with.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
stop it I still hate the blues. :popcorn: I still have no feelings about the teams in the Wings conference.
Hate the Blues? Haven't they always been a team without a "rivalry moment", and that Detroit has done very well against in the playoffs? What's to hate?

Not to be cruel, but I'd think that a hammer would kinda LOOK FORWARD to seeing a nail. ;)

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
You expected them to waltz right into St. Louis and dominate? The Red Wings played much better the second half of the game than the first half. Not a lot of room out there to make plays. They limited St. Louis' chances to the perimeter, which Mrazek was gobbling up.

No the Blues are a solid team, what a roster. What I noticed most from Detroit was fatigue. Of course the 2nd half St. Louis slowed down and we were better. Nielsen earned that star with a huge goal to tie the game we had much more energy after that.
Hey it's 2 points...I won't be losing sleep like Malik over waiving Frk and Pulkkinen. :laugh:

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Z has been great imo. He's so smart, and still hard to take the puck from when he has it. Slow as hell but he has been setting up a lot of plays. Tatar should have scored another 3-4 goals this season off Zetterberg passes.

Good catch. Marchenko's stickwork defensively is very good, doesn't get enough credit on this board.

The whole game is running through Z, 21:18 most TOI again. I've stated my disagreement with his usage but am accepting this is one of those Red Wings things that won't change. He might not be able to skate but he's as strong as an ox and his passing is as good as anyone. Unbelievable vision. I find it a corny decision to depend this much on the captain but it's something I've come to terms with.

I like Z. He's never been my favourite or anything though. I accept what he is. I've accepted his ****** shots/finish for years but now more than ever I feel the offense shouldn't be built around him nor should the PP. The PP looked so good with Green being the main guy and Frans/Tatar kinda holding the puck a bunch. Z needs speed. Tatar and Sheahan aren't slow but not Larkin fast.

We also sorely missed Vanek.

Vanek is just a PP beast. Always has been.

Yeah his play down low, and his deflections are just sick.

Hate the Blues? Haven't they always been a team without a "rivalry moment", and that Detroit has done very well against in the playoffs? What's to hate?

Not to be cruel, but I'd think that a hammer would kinda LOOK FORWARD to seeing a nail. ;)

St. Louis has beaten us up the last few years, especially Vladdy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad