Value of: Make a trade with Toronto

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Hadyn Fleury or Roland Mckeown + 37OA for Kapanen or Justin Faulk for Andreas Johnsson.

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
Should be considered trolling for people to come into this thread and crap on Leafs players. But it won’t be and it will happen and HF will continue to foster a negative environment.

Zaitsev will go for more than people think, so will Brown.

Kapanen will be traded, Marleau will be traded and Leafs fans will be surprised at how much we needed to give up to get rid of him.

Kadri 50/50 traded depending on the offer.

Reactions: Kamiccolo

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
He also said Subban is being traded for Weber and was right.

People on here are so hot and cold. Either a reporter is a bible and should be worshipped or he’s a hack and everything he says he’s wrong. Sure Kypreos is an idiot. But he’s also connected to the hockey world and has been right about plenty of things while also being wrong.

Fans will argue either side of that spectrum that helps their argument on here. Middle ground doesn’t exist for some reason.

In this case Kyper may be right or he may be wrong. Either way you guys are being completely ignorant to any possibility just because you don’t like what you hear. If Kyper said the leafs were trading Gardiner’s rights for a 1st round pick there would already be 25 threads started by you guys talking about how he’s been right before.

I feel like Leaf fans have been pretty consistent with Kyper and Dreger over the past 2 years at least. They are both hated by Leaf fans overwhelmingly.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
If it's a massive grain of salt, then it's not a grain of salt because a grain of salt is not massive

I assume that's what teams are trying to do, but I also assume that's why nothing has happened.

I feel like Leaf fans have been pretty consistent with Kyper and Dreger over the past 2 years at least. They are both hated by Leaf fans overwhelmingly.

They have been consistent. HFBoards has a bad habit of thinking every rumor has to become true or the reporter doesn't know what he's talking about, though, which is the point the guy you quoted was trying to make. I agree with him. Not every report is going to come true, and some of these rumors sound crazy because they're likely the starting point in a negotiation, or some other random thing that we do not know the context of.

That isn't really meant to be directed at Leafs fans, but HFBoards in general.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Terrible terrible trade, no GM is stupid enough to trade a 2C for such little value.

*looks at O’Reilly trade

Oh now I see why you’re confused

Wrong! That was a 1C trade. However the Sabres don't have much of value to send Toronto. The Sabres 1st is not available, I doubt Nylander is, and Nelson is a serviceable cheap RHD. Risto is available, but the STL 1st and Risto is too much of an overpayment for Kadri + Brown and does not help Toronto's cap crunch at all. Plus I am sure Toronto will burn down if Risto is ever acquired by the Leafs.

As for the Sabres prospects, there's not much that is close to NHL ready outside of Nylander and Oloffson to even bother including.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Hamonic ( 1 yr left on contract ) for the D kid Lilly . The Leafs get immediate help and we all know they need it and the Flames get a kid for the next decade . Gotta give to get . Do you want a shot at the title you need to sure up that D . The Flames look to stay a top team for years and years by keeping the young kids a coming .

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Hamonic ( 1 yr left on contract ) for the D kid Lilly . The Leafs get immediate help and we all know they need it and the Flames get a kid for the next decade . Gotta give to get . Do you want a shot at the title you need to sure up that D . The Flames look to stay a top team for years and years by keeping the young kids a coming .

That's not going to happen, if Dubas didn't give up Lilly for Muzzin who had tetm he won't do it for many rentals

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Kevin Shattenkirk for Andreas Johnsson when he signs, or that might be really undervaluing Johnsson. I would rather have Johnsson than Kapanen to be honest

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I understand that, and I agree we need a piece but the #2 prospect in the organisation isn't likely going for a rental

Even as a " rental " as you say Hamonic brings a little somethin somethin you need and while not a very good fighter he plays extremely physical and will drop em whenever he has to. In my post I mentioned you have to give to get. Lily is not ready for prime time even if he got some games next year . Hammer would instantly be 1/4 of the top 4 . Sometimes a trade has to weigh more than equal long term value for both teams . An added 3rd or 2nd is often the offered balancer of a deal here in HF land and we know that doesn't make up for talent in a trade . If the Leafs won 2 rounds next season because their overall D group was much better than this season and Hammer was a big part of that even if he walked at seasons end would you consider it a bad move ? Just a question to you as a Leafs guy not a fight .

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Even as a " rental " as you say Hamonic brings a little somethin somethin you need and while not a very good fighter he plays extremely physical and will drop em whenever he has to. In my post I mentioned you have to give to get. Lily is not ready for prime time even if he got some games next year . Hammer would instantly be 1/4 of the top 4 . Sometimes a trade has to weigh more than equal long term value for both teams . An added 3rd or 2nd is often the offered balancer of a deal here in HF land and we know that doesn't make up for talent in a trade . If the Leafs won 2 rounds next season because their overall D group was much better than this season and Hammer was a big part of that even if he walked at seasons end would you consider it a bad move ? Just a question to you as a Leafs guy not a fight .

Everything you said is true Hamonic would instantly be a top 4 D man on this team, I got no issues with a top 3 of Rielly Hamonic and Muzzin, you throw Travis Dermott in once he's healthy and you got something cooking, there is work that needs to be done but Rielly, Hamonic, Muzzin, Dermott is a damn good start .

However , no 2 rounds is noy good enough look at the talent on this teamm, you got Matthews Tavares Kadri down the middle , you got Marner, Nylander , Kapanen, Johnsson, Brown, Hyman on the wings.

You got Andersen in net

You got a without a doubt #1 D in Rielly

That is a cup or bust core so if you add a piece like Hamonic , who I'd love to add, and you give up your #2 prospect to do it, you better get AT LEAST to the finals ESPECIALLY if Hamonic walks.

Reactions: Sparksrus3

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I must be in the minority of Leaf fan's liking both.

Both are Leaf haters and once Nonis left the organization Dreger lost his source and couldn't get through to Lou, and slowly became someone who shits on the Leafs when he can. He's been at the forefront of the kids making these ridiculous amounts of money stories. He was the one saying Nylander wanted 8.5M, Marner should get 12-13AAV, etc.

Kypreoes is just blatantly wrong most of the time.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
To Colorado
Marleau
Kapanen

To Toronto
Kerfoot

Kypreos believes that the Leafs will have to give up Kapanen to convince somebody to take on Marleau. In this scenario that happens but the Leafs also get an NHL quality forward back.

I'd do this assuming no retention on Marleau.

Frees up the Leafs to deal Kadri for an RHD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad