Value of: Make a Trade with Pittsburgh

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
:pens

They look to be moving Kessel, have heard rumors of Malkin (though not confirmed) about being moved. With guys like that potentially on the block there is definitely a shake up that needs to happen in Pittsburgh. They still want to be winning cups. How will they remain competitive?

Make a trade with your favorite team with this team that MAKES SENSE FOR BOTH SIDES. It can be 1 for 1, taking on a bad contract, flipping 7th rounders, whatever you deem necessary to not only make your team better but the other one too. If it's a rebuilding/retooling side they obviously want something for the future.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
You'd get laughed at for offering that package for Draisaitl alone, though I do appreciate the guts to also ask for Nurse on top.
I'm an oilers fan , said I wouldn't do it but if I wanted to win next year id do it . If letangs healthy he is a monster right dman, and oilers are crowded on left . While drai is better than kessel he is still a 90 point player on malkins second line.

Was mostly trying to make it fair for both sides. With our rosters and ages it doesn't work tho

So was thinking drai > kessel

Letang > nurse .

But too old for the oilers to do it.

Last edited:

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
This has been kicked around a few times, but I'll post it nonetheless:

To PIT: LW/C JT Miller + C/RW Mikey McLeod
To NJ: RW Phil Kessel + RW Ryan Callahan
To TB: NSH or BOS 2019 2nd (via NJ)
Pens should just fire their coach . Kessel is way better than Miller and you can probably get Miller for just saving Tampa cap to sign point

Reactions: Ignatius and domaug

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I'm an oilers fan , said I wouldn't do it but if I wanted to win next year id do it . If letangs healthy he is a monster right dman, and oilers are crowded on left . While drai is better than kessel he is still a 90 point player on malkins second line.

Was mostly trying to make it fair for both sides. With our rosters and ages it doesn't work tho

Normally moving a 100 point 23 year for two players north of 30 isn't a recipe for success. Especially ones that has as many questions as Letang and Kessel.

Letang is a beast when healthy and on his game. But he's also a guy that has had major health scares, and as recently as last season had Pittsburgh fans ready to run him out of town for his play (and that was a "healthy" season).

And considering how temperamental Kessel is, I'm not sure a fish bowl like Edmonton is the best spot for him. I mean there's a reason Pittsburgh is ready to move on, even after he put up a ppg.

If this was a trade built around the 8th, or even Nurse/Klefbom/RNH, then sure; but Draisaitl's not a name that should be anywhere near this conversation.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Normally moving a 100 point 23 year for two players north of 30 isn't a recipe for success. Especially one that has as many questions as Letang and Kessel.

Letang is a beast when healthy and on his game. But he's also a guy that has had major health scares, and as recently as last season had Pittsburgh fans ready to run him out of town for his play (and that was a "healthy" season).

And considering how temperamental Kessel is, I'm not sure a fish bowl like Edmonton is the best spot for him. I mean there's a reason Pittsburgh is ready to move on, even after he put up a ppg.

If this was a trade built around the 8th, or even Nurse/Klefbom/RNH, then sure; but Draisaitl's not a name that should be anywhere near this conversation.
I didn't want to short change the pens but yes we don't trade draisaitl . I just wanted to be fair to them maybe I went too far. Long term it doesn't work for the oilers cuz our core is young .

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
This has been kicked around a few times, but I'll post it nonetheless:

To PIT: LW/C JT Miller + C/RW Mikey McLeod
To NJ: RW Phil Kessel + RW Ryan Callahan
To TB: NSH or BOS 2019 2nd (via NJ)
i would want Miles Wood instead of McLeod, but even then it doesn't seem like i would prefer this to Jason Zucker for Kessel straight up. A. I'm not big on JT Miller at all, and B. Kessel would be playing for a division rival.

say what you want about his attitude and how this commotion between him and Sullivan are hurting his trade value (it is), but Kessel is a PPG winger and he's going to produce no matter where he plays.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Would love Kessel on the Island. In a different divison I wonder how a Leddy for Kessel deal would shape up.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Normally moving a 100 point 23 year for two players north of 30 isn't a recipe for success. Especially ones that has as many questions as Letang and Kessel.

I don’t think Kessel would waive for Edmonton, and I’m not sure EDM would be interested even.

But something around RNH or 8th OA would interest me.

Kessel and Bjugstad for RNH and JP? If there’s even mutual interest between Kessel and EDM which I doubt.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Keep an eye on the Blues. If they lose to Boston, could definitely see them being interested in Kessel.

Outside of Kessel.. 21 OA for Kapanen?

What does FLA want for Hoffman?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
IMO the teams that should seriously consider Phil are NSH, DAL, COL and depending how FA'y shakes out SJ and maybe FLA.
CAR should too but don't know how feasible a trade with PIT would be. Suppose anything is possible.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016

I don't think we could afford it without a big player moving . What about Hopkins and a a left dman?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad