Value of: Make a Trade with Dallas

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Would Brodie be of any interest? He's a fast skater, great puck mover, and I believe he would be a solid 2nd pairing defenseman with Lindell. Left handed but plays RD really well. Has one of the best back handed passes in the game. A top 4 of Heiskanen - Klingberg and Lindell - Brodie would be absolutely filthy. Brodie can play top pairing minutes if a man goes down too, but I am sure Lindell would come before Brodie.

Yes.

What would you look for in return?

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
In all serious, here’s a few needs

• A 2nd pair RHD that can let Miro do his thing

• A top 6 forward, any position

• If anyone wants to take Hanzal and/or Nichushkin off our hands so we can land both Karlsson and Zucc that’d be cool

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Dallas:

#18 - 2019 First Round Selection
Julius Honka

Detroit:

#35 - 2019 Second Round Selection
#54 - 2019 Second Round Selection

I would also like to unload Nichushkin for a later round pick.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
I am not saying that Faksa for Schultz is fair (seems decent, but I don't know Faksa that well). However I find it funny that you say Faksa for Schultz is not worth it and then turn around and say that Dallas needs a 2nd pairing RHD. What do you think Schultz is?
He is a RHD but that does not mean I would trade Faska for it. There are several other options where I don’t have to trade my best shut down forward. So yes Dallas needs a RHD but Schultz is not worth giving Faska up for when we can solve the RHD elsewhere. That’s the hang up.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
In all serious, here’s a few needs

• A 2nd pair RHD that can let Miro do his thing

• A top 6 forward, any position

• If anyone wants to take Hanzal and/or Nichushkin off our hands so we can land both Karlsson and Zucc that’d be cool

Nichushkin + 2019 first for Toffoli + 2019 2nd. If retention on Toffoli is a must to go after the UFA's mentioned above it can be done but likely at a cost.

Another posted liked my earlier post of Honka for Martinez. Maybe they get combined into a bigger deal

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Nichushkin + 2019 first for Toffoli + 2019 2nd. If retention on Toffoli is a must to go after the UFA's mentioned above it can be done but likely at a cost.

Another posted liked my earlier post of Honka for Martinez. Maybe they get combined into a bigger deal

I’m all aboard. Fax the league

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Yes.

What would you look for in return?
For moving Brodie probably a 2nd line RWer that can make an impact. Either that or a general middle 6 guy on the right side. perhaps a 3C but that's not the best value for Brodie that could be got.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014

Let’s do them both why not. Fills two needs for Dallas and gives LAK a couple reclamation projects while moving up in the draft.

Reactions: YP44

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Martin Hanzal + DAL 2nd 2021 for Mike Condon + OTT 4th (any year)

Why ? Hanzal will be on LTIR next season and thats that. Dude had spinal fusion last year and when he came back during the season he , unsuprisingly , looked even slower than before and then re-injured his back. He ain't coming back to play for the Stars or pro-hockey in general.

No reason to spend assets to get rid of Hanzals contract .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
What Dallas needs is a top 4 RHD and could use some scoring depth. A top6 forward would also be useful but thats too expensive to trade for imho .

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Matt Niskanen, RFA rights to Andre Burakowsky (Arb Eligible, $3.25M qualifying offer required), and a 4th rounder for Dallas's 1st (18 overall).

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Leafs could have interest in Faska, but I'm not certain of Dallas needs. To me, it looks like perhaps a #2C is needed.. apologies if I'm off.

Kadri + 2nd, for Faska + 18th?

If the 2nd half of the season + the playoffs are any indicator: Roope Hintz will be our 2nd line center to start next year. He’s really, really good.

We need a solid RHD to play with Heiskanen and a scoring winger (would bet the house that Zucc re-signs, filling that need).

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
If the 2nd half of the season + the playoffs are any indicator: Roope Hintz will be our 2nd line center to start next year. He’s really, really good.

We need a solid RHD to play with Heiskanen and a scoring winger (would bet the house that Zucc re-signs, filling that need).

I'm just trying to play the game, started here. The Leafs need is a RHD, your need is a RHD.... not much to work with. I can't even find an AHL deal here.

Ok, y'all probably wouldn't do it, but it's the only thing I could find as a fair value trade. 18th pick + 173rd pick for 53rd pick + 2020 2nd round + 146th pick. Using the assumption that the 2020 2nd round, is approximately in the same spot as the 2019 second round for the Leafs, the math works, using this chart valuations on draft picks. http://statsportsconsulting.com/main/wp-content/uploads/Schuckers_NHL_Draftchart.pdf

RSPens

May 25, 2015
He is a RHD but that does not mean I would trade Faska for it. There are several other options where I don’t have to trade my best shut down forward. So yes Dallas needs a RHD but Schultz is not worth giving Faska up for when we can solve the RHD elsewhere. That’s the hang up.
Not that the Pens are actually looking to trade Schultz, but if Faksa is off the table, what would Dallas offer for him?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Why ? Hanzal will be on LTIR next season and thats that. Dude had spinal fusion last year and when he came back during the season he , unsuprisingly , looked even slower than before and then re-injured his back. He ain't coming back to play for the Stars or pro-hockey in general.

No reason to spend assets to get rid of Hanzals contract .

Agreed, but even deadweight sometimes has value.

Rangers have Brendan Smith. Reliable for grit and not much else. Consistently inconsistent, and uneven game. I was against when acquired for 2nd + 3rd to appease AV + win now crowd, and he did deliver that end of year to earn higher end range of 4.35 multi yr deal. I see capfriendly now down on actual 2019-2020 calendar, so 2 full yrs remaining v. 1 season left for Hanzal at 4.7 on LTIR

Rangers have emerging LDs Hajek, Lindgren, Rykov and a deserving more time Claesson pushing on Skjei, so if we moved our an LD without taking one back that would help with the logjam. Smith has shown he can handle 4LW grunt work, so the main prob is his cap due to overpay and 2 full years.

We may be able to put an RD prospect on table, but I see the finally arrived Deangelo not moved unless it is in a bigger deal, as part of a package for moving up in this draft.

Pionk can skate, and he is an actual RD, and he has been forced into too many minutes and his uneven play shows, but I see some potential there.

How about this:
assuming Zuc, who turned out to be hand in glove, extends w/Stars, then in lieu of the 2020 3rd becoming a 1st, NY instead takes your 2019 1st
and accepts add of Pitlick, 1m expiring
and the walking corpse of Hanzal

Rangers in exchange send Dallas
Stars own 2019 2nd
undrafted righty shot Finnish prospect Ville Meskanen [1yr 925k]
actual righty RD Pionk
and Smith
EDIT ADD: sorry I forgot, also rfa rights to righty shot C-RW Vin Lettieri [not as good as Pitlick, but younger, cheaper depth, esp if you move Nik].

I think the rest balances out and I suspect the surrender return of Stars' 2nd is enough for the extra year of Smith.

thoughts?
til later today....

Last edited:

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Agreed, but even deadweight sometimes has value.

Rangers have Brendan Smith. Reliable for grit and not much else. Consistently inconsistent, and uneven game. I was against when acquired for 2nd + 3rd to appease AV + win now crowd, and he did deliver that end of year to earn higher end range of 4.35 multi yr deal. I see capfriendly now down on actual 2019-2020 calendar, so 2 full yrs remaining v. 1 season left for Hanzal at 4.7 on LTIR

Rangers have emerging LDs Hajek, Lindgren, Rykov and a deserving more time Claesson pushing on Skjei, so if we moved our an LD without taking one back that would help with the logjam. Smith has shown he can handle 4LW grunt work, so the main prob is his cap due to overpay and 2 full years.

We may be able to put an RD prospect on table, but I see the finally arrived Deangelo not moved unless it is in a bigger deal, as part of a package for moving up in this draft.

Pionk can skate, and he is an actual RD, and he has been forced into too many minutes and his uneven play shows, but I see some potential there.

How about this:
assuming Zuc, who turned out to be hand in glove, extends w/Stars, then in lieu of the 2020 3rd becoming a 1st, NY instead takes your 2019 1st
and accepts add of Pitlick, 1m expiring
and the walking corpse of Hanzal

Rangers in exchange send Dallas
Stars own 2019 2nd
undrafted righty shot Finnish prospect Ville Meskanen [1yr 925k]
actual righty RD Pionk
and Smith
EDIT ADD: sorry I forgot, also rfa rights to righty shot C-RW Vin Lettieri [not as good as Pitlick, but younger, cheaper depth, esp if you move Nik].

I think the rest balances out and I suspect the surrender return of Stars' 2nd is enough for the extra year of Smith.

thoughts?
til later today....
No interest in this at all. Hanzel is not worth trading. He won’t count against the cap cause he probably will never play again. That was a terrible signing that Hitchcock wanted. Smith is too much money to pay for what he brings. Shattenkirk would interest me more. But not sure Nill will but off on that unless you sell him really low.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Stone and a 5th for Nichushkin

Both are reclamation projects at this point in time. Stone just lost a season due to a blood clot but was always a 4/5 defender who hits and has a bomb of a shot.

The 5th is added due to the fact that Nich may have a higher potential, and Stone cost a slight bit more.

Dallas could use a RHD and Calgary needs to find a way to upgrade thier third line while adding size and speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00