Value of: Make a Trade with Dallas

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Any interest in Hornqvist? I think Dallas would be a good landing spot for him if he's moved. Something aroud Gurianov or other futures?

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Any interest in Hornqvist? I think Dallas would be a good landing spot for him if he's moved. Something aroud Gurianov or other futures?
No thanks. I would rather keep the young kid and see what he has to offer.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Dal.....Drew Doughty
LA.....Esa Lindell, Ty Dellandrea 2019 1st and 2020 conditional 1st
I don’t see LA going for this. But there is no doubt this intrigues me. Doughty would definitely make Dallas better.

Timani

Stone and a 5th for Nichushkin

Both are reclamation projects at this point in time. Stone just lost a season due to a blood clot but was always a 4/5 defender who hits and has a bomb of a shot.

The 5th is added due to the fact that Nich may have a higher potential, and Stone cost a slight bit more.

Dallas could use a RHD and Calgary needs to find a way to upgrade thier third line while adding size and speed.

How is Stone’s defensive play? Unless Stephen John’s comes back healthy, Stone might need to play top 4 minutes alongside Miro.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
No interest in this at all. Hanzel is not worth trading. He won’t count against the cap cause he probably will never play again. That was a terrible signing that Hitchcock wanted. Smith is too much money to pay for what he brings. Shattenkirk would interest me more. But not sure Nill will but off on that unless you sell him really low.

Not to get into the actual trade but in order to get that benefit from Hanzal's contract, the team needs to be cap complaint with him on the roster on day one. Only after that can he go on LTIR. So moving him means we can actually add someone good/useful during the offseason

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

Both are reclamation projects at this point in time. Stone just lost a season due to a blood clot but was always a 4/5 defender who hits and has a bomb of a shot.

The 5th is added due to the fact that Nich may have a higher potential, and Stone cost a slight bit more.

Dallas could use a RHD and Calgary needs to find a way to upgrade thier third line while adding size and speed.

Not the worst idea, but Nill would need to trust/believe that he'd be more 4 than a 5.

Still more intrigued about the idea of Brodie.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019

Even if it's to get rid of Stone, if the Stars want Stone and were taking Nichuskin off their hands I don't think the Flames want to be the one adding a pick.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Not the worst idea, but Nill would need to trust/believe that he'd be more 4 than a 5.

Still more intrigued about the idea of Brodie.
We need more than Nich if we are trading Brodie.

Brodie is still a top pair defender, it would take a major add.

We would want a top 6 forward for Brodie, and Nich is a bottom 6 player at this point in time.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Even if it's to get rid of Stone, if the Stars want Stone and were taking Nichuskin off their hands I don't think the Flames want to be the one adding a pick.

I think this idea is mutually taking players who could both equally benefit from being moved.

Stone has around 6 years left to his career whereas Nich has 10.

We would be adding the pick I believe.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Not to get into the actual trade but in order to get that benefit from Hanzal's contract, the team needs to be cap complaint with him on the roster on day one. Only after that can he go on LTIR. So moving him means we can actually add someone good/useful during the offseason
And smith is what you want for him?

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Dallas:

#18 - 2019 First Round Selection
Julius Honka

Detroit:

#35 - 2019 Second Round Selection
#54 - 2019 Second Round Selection

I would also like to unload Nichushkin for a later round pick.

I'd do that. Detroit would have to try and flip Honka, no room for him.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I think this idea is mutually taking players who could both equally benefit from being moved.

Stone has around 6 years left to his career whereas Nich has 10.

We would be adding the pick I believe.
Nichushkin, if we're lucky, has ten. He has 23 goals in 4 seasons and already wasn't in the NHL last year. Stone also has proven to be able to consistently play at a somewhat high level while Nichushkin has not. In all honesty Nichushkin is just not a good player, at least the way I see it.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
And smith is what you want for him?

As I said in the comment, first line actually, _Not to get into the actual trade_

Don't know if Smith is someone who he should be traded for, but there is definitely value in trading Hanzal.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00