Value of: Make a Trade with Chicago

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
anisimov for smith and a pick/young player/prospect?

roughly similar point production last year, with anisimov obviously having higher offensive upside. Ottawa needs center depth and if this deal is made after july 1st anisimov's bonus gets paid and he is only due 2 million over the year.

Chicago gains some cap flexibility which they can use either for extending their young core or being active in the fa market, while getting rid of a player who may have played his way out of chicago (in a bad way) for a cheaper contract of a player that is more suited for a bottom 6 role
This proposal is fair, but I can't see the Hawks moving Anisimov just to lose ~1M in cap space. He's well liked by his teammates. If anything it would just rattle some of the guys in the locker room to bring in a new guy who doesn't actually improve on what AA offers.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I haven't kept up with the Hawks this year, but by this response I'm guessing he continues to develop and surprise viewers, i wouldn't go near giving up Chucky

That's what it would cost if we wanted DeBrincat. He and Tkachuk have been dynamite, it would only be fair to give up Tkachuk if we wanted DB.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
My trade offer would be Frolik and a 2020 5th round pick (CGY) for Chicago's 2019 4th round pick and a 2020 2nd round pick. The Flames also get a 2021 3rd round pick if Frolik decides to re-sign with the Blackhawks.

Frolik is a better option than Krueger or Kunitz, providing great 2-way play and can play LW/RW in the middle 6.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
My trade offer would be Frolik and a 2020 5th round pick (CGY) for Chicago's 2019 4th round pick and a 2020 2nd round pick. The Flames also get a 2021 3rd round pick if Frolik decides to re-sign with the Blackhawks.

Frolik is a better option than Krueger or Kunitz, providing great 2-way play and can play LW/RW in the middle 6.

Wasn't Frolik healthy scratched during the season?

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Edmonton 8th OA + Benning to TML for Kadri + Kapanen

Edmonton gets piece that help now .
TML get help with their cap problem while adding a nice piece for the future
a3f.gif

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Ok. Thanks for the info.

I would not give up a 2nd round pick for him as he has a cap hit of 4.3 for another year. Maybe a 3rd in 2020.

After this season it’s just for a year. He’s a pending UFA in 2020

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
What are the plans for the Hawks ?
Rebuild or try to win the cup ?
Bit of both. Although I think they are past the rebuild part after this years draft. I'd compare this coming year to 2011 Hawks. Not ready to win again, but putting building blocks in place to compete next year, and win the year after.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad