Value of: Make a Trade with Chicago

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
There are 31 days left until the draft, so I figured we have some fun by counting down the days by "Making a Trade" with said team. Today is Chicago.

I won't be doing it in league abc order but abc order with the division that I pick: I'll start off with the Central division:

:hawks

Make a trade with your favorite team with this team that MAKES SENSE FOR BOTH SIDES. It can be 1 for 1, taking on a bad contract, flipping 7th rounders, whatever you deem is necessary to not only make your team better but the other one too. If it's a rebuilding/retooling side they obviously want something for the future.

Reactions: Drumman44

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Chi trades Ana's 7th to Col for their 7th with the condition that each team GM laughs and exchanges high fives as both cross paths on the way to select their players at this years draft with higher picks than either team should have realistically ended up with this year. There is a 2nd condition where if either GM gives the other finger guns or selects the pick wearing sunglasses inside they also swap 6th rounders.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Chi trades Ana's 7th to Col for their 7th with the condition that each team GM laughs and exchanges high fives as both cross paths on the way to select their players at this years draft with higher picks than either team should have realistically ended up with this year. There is a 2nd condition where if either GM gives the other finger guns or selects the pick wearing sunglasses inside they also swap 6th rounders.
L7DfT8Q.jpg

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I like this idea. Don't really see a deal that makes sense between the Blues and Hawks (even less so considering the rivalry), but I would love it if we could get our hands on one of their RHD prospects. Don't think they'd be interested in anything we're willing to part with unfortunately.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Keith + DeBrincat for Brodie + Kylington + Dube + Frolik (gives the Hawks a young promising LHD for the future with their solid rhd prospects, and a C prospect, gives Brodie a fresh start and let him show off his leadership role on the back end, maybe add in a pick on the flames side

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Edmonton 8th OA + Benning to TML for Kadri + Kapanen

Edmonton gets piece that help now .
TML get help with their cap problem while adding a nice piece for the future

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Keith + DeBrincat for Brodie + Kylington + Dube + Frolik (gives the Hawks a young promising LHD for the future with their solid rhd prospects, and a C prospect, gives Brodie a fresh start and let him show off his leadership role on the back end, maybe add in a pick on the flames side

I dont know what irked me more, DeBrincat being moved for that, or the fact that you did not close the parenthesis.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Seabrook (500k retained
to Edmonton
Lucic to Chicago.
Edited to add
Chicago improved greatly when Seabrook was cut to about 15 minutes. Those minutes however were playing against the opponents top players replacing EG in crucial situations.
He is still valuable and would do much helping the kids on the Oil. (Hawks would still have Keith to do that in Chicago
With the retention the money is about even. Chicago cuts a year off the committment but gets a guy who probably wouldn't play while Edmonton gets a guy who can still play "2nd pair" now and then maybe 2 on the 3rd pair before the final year is an issue. Lucic is barely an NHLer now and would be buried as a 14th forward in Chicago.

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
anisimov for smith and a pick/young player/prospect?

roughly similar point production last year, with anisimov obviously having higher offensive upside. Ottawa needs center depth and if this deal is made after july 1st anisimov's bonus gets paid and he is only due 2 million over the year.

Chicago gains some cap flexibility which they can use either for extending their young core or being active in the fa market, while getting rid of a player who may have played his way out of chicago (in a bad way) for a cheaper contract of a player that is more suited for a bottom 6 role

Reactions: dk2k

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
i think if you want debrincat you'd have to start with tkachuk

Reactions: snowkiddin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad