Value of: Make a Trade with Boston

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
In honor of the SCF’s, the next division we’ll start off with is the Atlantic Division. Central Division has been complete for those that haven’t really looked at them.

:bruins

Make a trade with your favorite team with this team that MAKES SENSE FOR BOTH SIDES. It can be 1 for 1, taking on a bad contract, flipping 7th rounders, whatever you deem is necessary to not only make your team better but the other one too. If it's a rebuilding/retooling side they obviously want something for the future.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
Pretty sure I know the answer to this, but any chance Carlo might be available?
not unless you're willing to give up Huberdeau because shutdown defenseman with average advanced stats and zero offensive capabilities seem to only be going for superstars

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Pretty sure I know the answer to this, but any chance Carlo might be available?

I don't think so, I think the only way he would become available is if

1) Carlo looks for a significant raise completely out of where Boston would be willing to pay. This seems unlikely as there have been reports they basically had a deal agreed to before the postseason. Now price might have gone up a big since then, but I expect the team to be able to get a contract done with Carlo

2) Someone just makes a ridiculous offer for him. You can never rule it out, but Boston has no glaring need, and if you deal Carlo, you actually create a glaring need

If Boston were to consider moving a defenseman this offseason the two most likely candidates would be Grezlcyk or Krug. Both are signed for next year, but will need new contracts in 20220, and most likely one of the 2 will be gone before the 20/21 season

Last edited:

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I don't think so, I think the only way he would become available is if

1) Carlo looks for a significant raise completely out of where Boston would be willing to pay. This seems unlikely as there have been reports they basically had a deal agreed to before the postseason. Now price might have gone up a big since then, but I expect the team to be able to get a contract done with Carlo

2) Someone just makes a ridiculous offer for him. You can never rule it out, but Boston has no glaring need, and if you deal Carlo, you actually create a glaring need

If Boston were to consider moving a defenseman this offseason the two most likely candidates would be Grezlcyk or Krug. Both are signed for next year, but will need new contracts in 20220, and most likely one of the 2 will be gone before the 20/21 season

Didn’t think so, appreciate the feedback.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
What would you want from the Habs for Vakakainen?

I would imagine the #15 pick (with perhaps a late pick or C-level prospect going to Montreal). Urho was taken at #18 two years ago and has developed nicely for the Bruins. He should be ready for a full-time NHL spot next season and has the makings of a solid top 4 defenseman. The Bruins have a plethora of LHD and can afford to deal Urho for a younger prospect.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I would imagine the #15 pick (with perhaps a late pick or C-level prospect going to Montreal). Urho was taken at #18 two years ago and has developed nicely for the Bruins. He should be ready for a full-time NHL spot next season and has the makings of a solid top 4 defenseman. The Bruins have a plethora of LHD and can afford to deal Urho for a younger prospect.

Huh? You want to develop a first round talent for two years in the minors and trade him away to your bitter rival for a pick three spots higher and a "C level prospect"?

Urho is the best of the bunch, you don't trade him because we have other lesser pieces.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Huh? You want to develop a first round talent for two years in the minors and trade him away to your bitter rival for a pick three spots higher and a "C level prospect"?

Urho is the best of the bunch, you don't trade him because we have other lesser pieces.

yeah, Vaak is in the "untouchable unless a stupid overpayment gets offered" group.

McAvoy, Carlo, Vaak, Lauzon is the top 4 of the future

Reactions: Trizz617 and BB88

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
What are Boston's needs this offseason?

A long term top 6 wing to replace Backes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad