X - Getzlaf - Y
Rakell - Steel - Silf
Ritchie - Henrique - Kase
X - Rowney - Y

X = Jones, Comtois, Shore
Y = Terry, Sprong, Sherwood

Ducks pieces for trade:

- One of the excess young forward prospects
- One of the extra young LHD prospects (Guhle, Mahura or Larsson)
- Draft picks

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Shattenkirk @ 50% (3.325 mil cap hit for 2 years) for Eaves (3.15 mil cap hit for 1 year) and a 2020 3rd round pick.

Shattenkirk is owed 10.6 mil over the next 2 years, half of which would be 5.3 mil. Eaves is owed 3 mil next year.
Eaves is insured and going on LTIR. Not sure how Anaheim benefits here.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Max Jones could be had who has top six potential for a teams dman prospect that has top four potential.

Comtois imo makes Jones Available

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
They were mentioned in some of the Zucker talk a week or two ago, though at this point you can probably assume that everyone in the league has at least called about him. They do seem like a team that'll be looking to make changes to the forwards this summer though, especially if they find a way to move Perry.

I'd really like to see the Wild go after Kase, but I could see the Ducks offering something more like Sprong+. I don't entirely hate the latter idea, either.
Kase imo is > zucker on his own, his biggest issue is staying healthy, but sprong+ is something id def look into. We have a decent supply of RWs... outside of rakell our LW'ers are kind of ????…. zucker would give us a little more sure depth. Not sure what the + would be(as far as wilds needs/pick etc) but def something id look into.

Corey Perry + Rikard Rackell to New Jersey

2019 34th overall + Mike McLeod

I mean oiler fans would offer us 8th overall + yam/pulj + for rakell… doubt were going to sell him to get rid of perrys contracts... we can live with a buyout or 2 years of perry if that is the cost to move his contract. Idk if you are just underrating rakell

Kapanan+Kadri+Bracco+Woll for Rakell.
A bit heavy from Toronto imo… rakell would be an expensive piece but idk that hed get that big of a return. I honestly don't think we make great partners in a rakell move.... unless we are adding to rakell to get marner.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Kase imo is > zucker on his own, his biggest issue is staying healthy, but sprong+ is something id def look into. We have a decent supply of RWs... outside of rakell our LW'ers are kind of ????…. zucker would give us a little more sure depth. Not sure what the + would be(as far as wilds needs/pick etc) but def something id look into.
With age and contract taken into consideration I think you probably have a point on Kase.

With most of these hypothetical deals for younger, unestablished RW's (Virtanen, Nylander, etc.) we've been using a 2nd as the default add in most cases. I wouldn't be over the moon about Sprong + Anaheim's 2nd, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
With age and contract taken into consideration I think you probably have a point on Kase.

With most of these hypothetical deals for younger, unestablished RW's (Virtanen, Nylander, etc.) we've been using a 2nd as the default add in most cases. I wouldn't be over the moon about Sprong + Anaheim's 2nd, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Id be over the moon if kase managed to play a full season :)

I figured it would be 29th or 39th + sprong for zucker…. either way I think both picks get you a solid chance at a good player and Sprong just doesn't seem to fit in Anaheim... but personally I like his style/play and could see him being a 30 goal scorer in the league at some point.

Zucker Getz Kase
Rakell Steel Silfverberg
Ritchie Henrique Terry
Jones Rowney Shore/Sheerwood

doenst look too bad on paper if healthy.

If we can add zucker, -perry… and add a RHD i think wed be in good shape.

Reactions: Bazeek

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Some info to help make a deal (granted, it's just my opinion):

I believe the Ducks will pursue trades in two areas:

- Perry deal, if any make sense
- Veteran, defensive #4 RHD to pair with Fowler

I think the team will roll 3 scoring lines, and look something like:

X - Getzlaf - Y
Rakell - Steel - Silf
Ritchie - Henrique - Kase
X - Rowney - Y

X = Jones, Comtois, Shore
Y = Terry, Sprong, Sherwood

Ducks pieces for trade:

- One of the excess young forward prospects
- One of the extra young LHD prospects (Guhle, Mahura or Larsson)
- Draft picks
Ducks are not contenders so deals should be made for the long term if moving out quality assets.

Backup goalie, no need to spend big. Many vets available.

Veteran D. Maybe down to a 3rd pairing placeholder type guy to play with one of the younger D while either Lindholm or Fowler play with the other young D.

Up front maybe a PK forward.

Main goal for the season should be make the playoffs but develop the forwards and D.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
Why would Anaheim do that.... we have Gibson.... Miller pretty sure will sign for 1 year cheap... and we have Erickson-Ek, Durney and Dostal up and coming.

Comtois is a beast.

1.) Those goalies won't be ready for NHL duty in the foreseeable future.
2.) Miller isn't a guarantee to come back
3.) I don't think many would describe Comtois as a "beast". He's a good prospect
4.) Ducks are pretty stacked at forward
5.) Jarry is NHL ready, has starter potential and would fit in nicely behind Gibson

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
3.) I don't think many would describe Comtois as a "beast". He's a good prospect
5.) Jarry is NHL ready, has starter potential and would fit in nicely behind Gibson
1.) I would say we have options next year, maybe not this year
2)Even if he doesn't come back, we just need a cheap back up
3.) Idk have you really watched much of comtois? Id describe him as a beast... beastly enough that I wouldn't want to move him for a backup goalie
4.) LW: Rakell Ritchie Jones Shore
Id trade Ritchie/Jones/shore way before Id move comtois.
5.) Im not doubting jarry in any way... but I don't think we need to move a big asset for a backup goalie... Gibson is young and our starter for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Desert Duck

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

We have no reason to move any of our top forward prospects for a back up goaltender right now. Perfectly fine rolling out one of the league's best in Gibson with a cheap free agent back up behind him for the next couple years while our intriguing prospects continue to develop.

The Ducks need to figure out who will be their offensive leaders moving forward, and have a great young goalie signed long term. No offense but your idea couldn't be more opposite of the Ducks needs.

If the Ducks are moving a good young forward, it would be to address the blueline where they only have three established NHLers and some interesting prospects.

Y3TI

Sep 28, 2017
What would the ask be from Colorado for Rakell? Probably not a price we’d be happy with, but have to ask anyway

Y3TI

Sep 28, 2017
I'd be surprised if they moved him right now barring a big overpayment. He's their most proven goal scorer, still fairly young and on a great value deal.

I can see that. Just didn’t know if picks in this draft were of interest enough to move him.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
We have no reason to move any of our top forward prospects for a back up goaltender right now. Perfectly fine rolling out one of the league's best in Gibson with a cheap free agent back up behind him for the next couple years while our intriguing prospects continue to develop.

The Ducks need to figure out who will be their offensive leaders moving forward, and have a great young goalie signed long term. No offense but your idea couldn't be more opposite of the Ducks needs.

If the Ducks are moving a good young forward, it would be to address the blueline where they only have three established NHLers and some interesting prospects.

That's fair; I was just throwing **** at the wall instead of saying Jarry for a pick. I didn't realize how thin the Ducks are when it comes to proven D.

It's a shame that everyone has written off Maatta. He's a good defender, but obviously speed is a concern. I think he'd regain some of his game in the right system/situation. Not sure Anaheim would provide that or not.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I can see that. Just didn’t know if picks in this draft were of interest enough to move him.

I can't see it, already sitting with three in the top 40, best set of picks we have had in years.

Rakell is part of that group of established younger players who I just don't think we'd move in a pure "sell" deal. Maybe in a shake up/hockey trade but it's tough to picture when his contract is so great.

Reactions: Y3TI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad