Value of: Make a Trade with Anaheim

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
We're on the last division, I appreciate everyone that has participated thus far.

:ducks

They're an interesting one... Was it an off year in 18/19? Or are they in for serious regression? For me, I think that they are going to be back in the playoff hunt in 19/20. They have a top tier goalie (who is very young), a good d core to build around, and some up and coming forwards.

Make a trade with your favorite team with this team that MAKES SENSE FOR BOTH SIDES. It can be 1 for 1, taking on a bad contract, flipping 7th rounders, whatever you deem necessary to not only make your team better but the other one too. If it's a rebuilding/retooling side they obviously want something for the future.

Reactions: YP44

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
We really took a hit once Kes went out. Getz is regressing and we have pissed away some defensemen.

Still, we have some quite good players and upcoming players. Our center depth is comparingly week right now (to years before) but we will have more fresh bodies this upcioming season (meaning growing pains but also new skill we probably didn`t had before).
Some players like Rakell and Manson had down years last year and clearly Carlyle went full 100% ''it`s 2006'' mode and was not able to adapt to a modern game. So will be crucial of what coaching staff we will gonna get as well, but 0 experience GM stepped in and seemed to coach better than Carlyle :laugh:
Last couple of years also we were IIRC the most injured team by far in the league. This bad luck should end plus we just signed some serious guy from Toronto as our ''Director of high performance'' or something. So hopefully injuries will go down.

I expect us to compete for a playoff spot but don`t expect us in the finals just yet.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
They were mentioned in some of the Zucker talk a week or two ago, though at this point you can probably assume that everyone in the league has at least called about him. They do seem like a team that'll be looking to make changes to the forwards this summer though, especially if they find a way to move Perry.

I'd really like to see the Wild go after Kase, but I could see the Ducks offering something more like Sprong+. I don't entirely hate the latter idea, either.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I think Tristan Jarry to Anaheim for a draft pick or prospect is a reasonable idea to replace Miller as Gibson's backup.

Strickland tweeted earlier that Anaheim wants to bring Miller back for another year, but he hasn't decided if he wants to continue playing.

If Miller doesn't return, trading for a backup could definitely be in Anaheim's interests, depending on how Bob feels about Kevin Boyle, of course.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
ok i have a rep for coming up with some one sided trade proposals. i tried to make the value of the players being as possible as even as possible.

so basing on the value of this trade idea, what would Ana want for a salary dump.

to Chi

C. Perry - 2 yr on a 8.6 per plus what ever.

in rtn what would Ana want back.

remember the value of the contract we are talking about.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
ok i have a rep for coming up with some one sided trade proposals. i tried to make the value of the players being as possible as even as possible.

so basing on the value of this trade idea, what would Ana want for a salary dump.

to Chi

C. Perry - 2 yr on a 8.6 per plus what ever.

in rtn what would Ana want back.

remember the value of the contract we are talking about.

The trade has to make more sense than buying him out, as they seem fully prepared to do so.

Perry (50% retained) for your most marginal prospect under contract.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
This will be a transition year for Anaheim...lots of youth both up front and on the blueline. They will make lots of mistakes and be very inconsistent but youth must be served. Gibson will have to be very strong in net and guys like Fowler, Rakell, and Lindholm will have to step up. Overall, I see a fun team to watch but I don't see much more than a .500 record.

Other than Perry, there aren't a lot of obvious trades that the team will make IMO. I would think that Fowler or Rakell could be dealt but only if there was an overpayment involved.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Corey Perry + Rikard Rackell to New Jersey

2019 34th overall + Mike McLeod

You really think selling disgustingly low on Rakell would be favorable to just buying out Perry? Come on now.

If your trade idea has the Ducks giving up young core pieces just to dump money, it's not worth posting. Completely backwards to what they're looking to accomplish here.

The Ducks are looking to get younger - not move key young pieces just to free up money they likely won't even be using.

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Ducks are probably not trading any of: Gibson, Getzlaf, The only three D (Fowler, Manson, Lindholm), and the forward kids (Terry, Steel, Comtois, Jones, Lundestrom).

**Obviously if the perfect deal arises but better for blood pressure if any proposals exclude any of the above.

Reactions: Hank84

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Rackell would look great on the Leafs, but the cost would be higher than they would be willing to pay tbh.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Shattenkirk @ 50% (3.325 mil cap hit for 2 years) for Eaves (3.15 mil cap hit for 1 year) and a 2020 3rd round pick.

Shattenkirk is owed 10.6 mil over the next 2 years, half of which would be 5.3 mil. Eaves is owed 3 mil next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad