Value of: Make a Trade with Anaheim

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Jarry/Zar for Terry.

Nope

Kapanan+Kadri+Bracco+Woll for Rakell.

That may be good value for Rakell but I would rather keep Rakell. Want no part of Kadri who keeps getting suspended in the playoffs.

Corey Perry + Rikard Rackell to New Jersey

2019 34th overall + Mike McLeod

Nope rather buyout Perry then give up Rakell to get rid of him.

To ANH:
Shattenkirk + #20

To NYR:
Perry + #9

Nope no interest in trading that 9th overall pick

Jarry for Comtois

No way

What would the ask be from Colorado for Rakell? Probably not a price we’d be happy with, but have to ask anyway

We should not be trading any of our good forwards unless its for a upgrade so Rakell stays.

Reactions: Y3TI

RalphyDanger

"Where's the Hustle Boys!"
Nov 1, 2010
Rather keep the 9th.. not a good move to use it to move a contract imo.

What about swapping #29 and #49 instead.

These Perry offers are weird. Shattenkirk isn't very good, and dropping 11 spots to move Perry? Why not just buy Perry out and pick in the top 10?

Buying Perry out would double the amount of time it would take for his cap hit to leave the books I think. Shattenkirks and Perry’s contracts both expire the same year, but Perry makes around 3 mil more.

I think it depends on what the Ducks have planned for the next season or two. If they don’t think they are going to compete they might as well sit on Perry/not buy him out or trade him as a rental next season. If they want to trade him now, swapping him for a lower salary guy might be a good idea. I don’t think they should buy him out.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Buying Perry out would double the amount of time it would take for his cap hit to leave the books I think. Shattenkirks and Perry’s contracts both expire the same year, but Perry makes around 3 mil more.

I think it depends on what the Ducks have planned for the next season or two. If they don’t think they are going to compete they might as well sit on Perry/not buy him out or trade him as a rental next season. If they want to trade him now, swapping him for a lower salary guy might be a good idea. I don’t think they should buy him out.

Swapping him for a lower salary guy with equal term would be great, just not if it costs key young assets to do so.

If salary retention and taking back cap dumps don't bring Perry to neutral value, we can buy him out and still save money. Dipping into the team's future, to clear short term cap space we likely won't even use - makes no sense at all for the direction of this team. None.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

You think the Ducks will drop 11 spots in the draft to save 1.97 in cap for 2 years? They have 9+million in projected cap space as is...

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Swapping him for a lower salary guy with equal term would be great, just not if it costs key young assets to do so.

If salary retention and taking back cap dumps don't bring Perry to neutral value, we can buy him out and still save money. Dipping into the team's future, to clear short term cap space we likely won't even use - makes no sense at all for the direction of this team. None.

Not that I'm saying you're forced to get rid of him by adding an asset like the 9th overall, but buying out Perry is not that helpful.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 1

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
No that I'm saying you're forced to get rid of him by adding an asset like the 9th overall, but buying out Perry is not that helpful.

I'm aware of the cost, and I think there's a combination of retention, taking back other short term salary and perhaps adding lesser futures - that can make a Perry trade happen. Most of the trades suggestions here just happen to be laughably less attractive than a buyout.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If Eaves isn't insured, on July 2nd Marleau+2nd for Eaves. Leafs will pay Marleau's bonus and LTIR Eaves and pay him.

We can't take on Marleau. We already have too many bottom 6 wingers as it is and all our young guys who are too good for the AHL are going to need playing time this season. Not to mention half his bonus is due during the season.

Reactions: Liferleafer

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
We can't take on Marleau. We already have too many bottom 6 wingers as it is and all our young guys who are too good for the AHL are going to need playing time this season. Not to mention half his bonus is due during the season.

After that initial bonus he is down to a fairly reasonable 2.75M...but yeah since we don't really need him, and that provides pretty minimal real dollar savings, they'd have to give us something pretty significant considering the cap relief they'd receive.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm not sure Anaheim would do this, but I'm curious about the response to this. Jason Mackey said that Anaheim, Detroit and Pittsburgh were the 3 serious contenders for Johnson last off-season. I don't know how true that is, but pretending it is, would Johnson at $2.5 million and Jarry for Eaves' contract work for Ducks fans?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I'm not sure Anaheim would do this, but I'm curious about the response to this. Jason Mackey said that Anaheim, Detroit and Pittsburgh were the 3 serious contenders for Johnson last off-season. I don't know how true that is, but pretending it is, would Johnson at $2.5 million and Jarry for Eaves' contract work for Ducks fans?
No, Eaves is expiring after next season and bad LHD are of no use to us. Lindholm, Fowler, and our 3 best D prospects all play the left side. I'd rather just sign a cheap backup.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
No, Eaves is expiring after next season and bad LHD are of no use to us. Lindholm, Fowler, and our 3 best D prospects all play the left side. I'd rather just sign a cheap backup.

For some reason, I forgot Fowler was on the Ducks. I was thinking that they only had Lindholm as a top-4 LD, I have no clue why I thought that :laugh:

That makes sense though, hard to see where JJ fits with those 2 and prospects like Larsson.

Reactions: mymerlincat

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
1.) Those goalies won't be ready for NHL duty in the foreseeable future.
2.) Miller isn't a guarantee to come back
3.) I don't think many would describe Comtois as a "beast". He's a good prospect
4.) Ducks are pretty stacked at forward
5.) Jarry is NHL ready, has starter potential and would fit in nicely behind Gibson

LOL Get out of here with your trash.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Make a trade with your favorite team with this team that MAKES SENSE FOR BOTH SIDES. It can be 1 for 1, taking on a bad contract, flipping 7th rounders, whatever you deem necessary to not only make your team better but the other one too. If it's a rebuilding/retooling side they obviously want something for the future.

Probably better than 50% of the trades listed in this thread don't meet this criteria. Common sense folks... it they are trying to get rid of Perry to free up cap space, that is not being accomplished by giving up one of their best value contracts in Rakell , any of our only 3 actual NHL defensemen or a top 10 pick.

OP states "makes sense for both sides" not "Anaheim is having a fire sale come strip the team of anything useful"

Reactions: duckpuck

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Wow what a great response. You've contributed a great amount to any conversation here. I commend you on being such an intelligent person. It must have been real difficult to type a such an intricate response.

I didn’t need to restate what others had already said, I just thought you should know it was a trash post. Now you do.

Reactions: Desert Duck

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Probably better than 50% of the trades listed in this thread don't meet this criteria. Common sense folks... it they are trying to get rid of Perry to free up cap space, that is not being accomplished by giving up one of their best value contracts in Rakell , any of our only 3 actual NHL defensemen or a top 10 pick.

OP states "makes sense for both sides" not "Anaheim is having a fire sale come strip the team of anything useful"

Yeah, this has probably been the worst of the threads unfortunately. People thinking that they can scam Anaheim because of one bad year.

Reactions: imjustzach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad