Make a team with players 6'4" and over

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
All of the names I posted were at least 6'4" on hockeyreference.com. Sort of forgot about Shea Weber. Not a bad choice. I've got Burns and Hedman though, so not much difference.

Lucic is 6'3" from what I have seen. Beliveau too. Carey Price as well.

Reactions: VanIslander

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The 5'9 team takes a lap at warm-ups and promptly heads to the dressing rooms intimidated.
HAHAHA. Hockey History 101. You ain't intimidating these guys:

Ted Lindsay - Howie Morenz - Boom Boom Geoffrion
Aurel Joliat - Henri Richard - Theo Fleury

BENCH: Cy Denneny, Dave Keon, Newsy Lalonde

King Clancy - Eddie Gerard
Carl Brewer - Buck Boucher

Turk Broda
Frank Brimsek

Notes: Terrible Ted? Joliat pummelled the opposition with fists when they dared to knock his cap off his head. And he challenged all comers to try it again. Lalonde had some epic fights, literally down streets across town with opposing players. Gerard was considered one of the toughest players during a very violent era.

Last edited:

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
Another interesting thing, for how much goalies are getting bigger and bigger, there haven't been too many superstar goalies 6'4 and up. Rinne is probably best of the last decade then you have some guys like Martin Jones, Frederik Andersen, Devan Dubnyk and maybe Lehtonen.

But maybe guys like Jon Gillies, Matt Murray, Connor Hellebuyck will change that.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Not a chance!

Too many HHOF greats: Howie Morenz, Stan Mikita, Ted Lindsay, Henri Richard, Newsy Lalonde, Valeri Kharlamov, Aurel Joliat, Cyclone Taylor, Boom Boom Geoffrion, Max Bentley, Marcel Dionne, Cy Denneny, Dace Keon, King Clancy, Turk Broda, Frank Brimsek, George Hainsworth...

(But if you made it 6'3 and over vs. 5'8 and under there would be a chance.)

Sorry, gotta disagree

With all due respect to those players who starred when broadcasts were in black and white, I don't think they're beating a defense corps with the likes of Pronger, Chara, Larry Robinson, Hedman, etc. and Lemieux and Lindros leading the forward group

Last edited:
Reactions: PSUCapsFan

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
The big heavyweight (Laraque, Brasher, etc...) approached him with a lot of cautions, guys like him and Robinson were more than able to drop it and protect and teammate if needed.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Kopitar is listed as 6'3 but I somehow doubt that. I saw him play live and I have a hard time believing he's not 6'4. Same with Malkin.

VMBM

And it didn't even bring me down
Sep 24, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
Erich Kühnhackl (about 6'5").

His level of greatness remains a bit of mystery, but I think he could have been a star outside (West) Germany and non-best on best international tournaments too.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Chara is one of the most feared fighters ever? That's news to me.

What I dislike about Chara's fighting is how he resorts to wrestling too often. Sure that's a part of it but as a pure puncher I don't think he's all that impressive.

Chara is almost never going to fight somebody his size, but he fought Scott Parker who was 6'5 and Parker knocked him out

He also lost to Artyukhin. When Chara can't bully someone he is not all the impressive

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
Kopitar is listed as 6'3 but I somehow doubt that. I saw him play live and I have a hard time believing he's not 6'4. Same with Malkin.

They are both listed as 6'3 anywhere you look. There would be no benefit listing them as being shorter.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
4-time Hart trophy winner Eddie Shore would fight all comers, except big, strong, silent HHOFer Earl Seibert, because his size and strength were such that Shore said if Seibert got angry, he would kill them all.

Similarly, Gordie Howe had a long career as Mr. Elbows and few gave as good as they got because they saw what happened to the nose of a goon who got into a fight with Gordie. Howe's mom was worried about her son playing such a violent game as hockey. Why? Because she thought he would kill someone someday.

The most feared fighters are those NOBODY in their right mind wants to fight but are ready to fight if needed.

That means Seibert, Howe, Semenko and maybe Chara. NOT Tiger Williams, Bob Probert or the like.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
4-time Hart trophy winner Eddie Shore would fight all comers, except big, strong, silent HHOFer Earl Seibert, because his size and strength were such that Shore said if Seibert got angry, he would kill them all.

Similarly, Gordie Howe had a long career as Mr. Elbows and few gave as good as they got because they saw what happened to the nose of a goon who got into a fight with Gordie. Howe's mom was worried about her son playing such a violent game as hockey. Why? Because she thought he would kill someone someday.

The most feared fighters are those NOBODY in their right mind wants to fight but are ready to fight if needed.

That means Seibert, Howe, Semenko and maybe Chara. NOT Tiger Williams, Bob Probert or the like.

And Seibert was 6'2 200 which must've been big in his time. He also looked like a tax attorney but still had the reputation of being fierce

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
And Seibert was 6'2 200 which must've been big in his time. He also looked like a tax attorney but still had the reputation of being fierce
Well, he killed Howie Morenz.

At least he felt guilty and thought he did. It was Seibert's hard check that resulted in Morenz's leg breaking in four places, an injury that put Howie in the hospital and not long after his death bed.

streitz

Jul 22, 2018
Not a chance!

Too many HHOF greats: Howie Morenz, Stan Mikita, Ted Lindsay, Henri Richard, Newsy Lalonde, Valeri Kharlamov, Aurel Joliat, Cyclone Taylor, Boom Boom Geoffrion, Max Bentley, Marcel Dionne, Cy Denneny, Dace Keon, King Clancy, Turk Broda, Frank Brimsek, George Hainsworth...

(But if you made it 6'3 and over vs. 5'8 and under there would be a chance.)

Pronger/Lindros/Hatcher would literally kill most of those guys. As in actually kill them.

Only survivors would be the Pocket Rocket, Terrible Ted and Mikita.

Probably Dionne aswell but I'm pretty sure he was almost as heavy as pronger, dude was built like a fire hydrant.

Edit- Keon would survive too, forgot he was only 5,7 on the list

streitz

Jul 22, 2018
Come on guys. No love for enforcers? Grimson, Boogaard, Parker, McGrattan, etc.
Because those guys are all useless unless the other team has another plug for them to fight.

Probert on the other hand.... Just an inch too short.

Iron Mike Sharpe

Dec 6, 2017
HAHAHA. Hockey History 101. You ain't intimidating these guys:

Ted Lindsay - Howie Morenz - Boom Boom Geoffrion
Aurel Joliat - Henri Richard - Theo Fleury

BENCH: Cy Denneny, Dave Keon, Newsy Lalonde

King Clancy - Eddie Gerard
Carl Brewer - Buck Boucher

Turk Broda
Frank Brimsek

Notes: Terrible Ted? Joliat pummelled the opposition with fists when they dared to knock his cap off his head. And he challenged all comers to try it again. Lalonde had some epic fights, literally down streets across town with opposing players. Gerard was considered one of the toughest players during a very violent era.

add Stan Smyl to the team

Reactions: VanIslander

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad