Make a bold prediction about the upcoming season

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
We finish bottom 6 in the east.

This no talent hack of a team fails to score 170 goals over the season.

Can't win if you can't score.

Last edited:

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Recently someone compared Larkin to Jeff Carter and I thought that was by far the most accurate comparison for Larkin ever. Idk why I never thought of that before.

Bold prediction: Larkin scores 40 goals.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Green is 3rd on team with 60 points

Larkin and Nielsen both in 65-70 point range.

Wild card finish with 1st round exit. Howard moved at the deadline

That would give us a D that is top 5 defenseman in scoring, and then 2 forwards that are top 25 in pts in the entire league, if you look at the last few years.

I realize this is the bold prediction thread, but I have a hard time seeing any of that happening. Larkin hitting 65-70 pts would be awesome though!

Recently someone compared Larkin to Jeff Carter and I thought that was by far the most accurate comparison for Larkin ever. Idk why I never thought of that before.

Bold prediction: Larkin scores 40 goals.

Why do you think that comparison works so well? Not sure Larkin will ever be able to shoot a puck like Jeff Carter can.

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk
That would give us a D that is top 5 defenseman in scoring, and then 2 forwards that are top 25 in pts in the entire league, if you look at the last few years.

I realize this is the bold prediction thread, but I have a hard time seeing any of that happening. Larkin hitting 65-70 pts would be awesome though!

Hey they said BOLD

Realistically I bet we have a handful of guys in the 50 point range

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Our team will miss the playoffs. Future of the Detroit Red Wings looks dark and gloomy. Basically the end of our streak/ dominance of the NHL (what are franchise has been known for)

People have been calling for wings to miss the playoffs for what? Like the past 4 or 5 years. This year we WILL miss and it won't come down to the final few games of the season. Plain and simple this team just isn't good enough. Talent is not there.

Frans Nielson plays well defensively. A solid two way player that does his job.

Marchenko improves.

My last prediction is that I will predict the above correctly. I don't see how I will be wrong.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
BOLD prediction: Wings end up bottom 5

Biggest question mark? What do the wings have in Mrazek. Will he play unreal and be unstoppable like he has shown? Or will teams figure him out / his hot and cold play continue.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
-Nielsen ends the regular season with 34 points, while Vanek pots 13 goals.

-DeKeyser ends the season with 19 points. Smith hits 20, prompting Holland to give him a 4 year/$18M extension.

-Zetterberg and Kronwall regress even further.

-Mrazek starts great and helps make up for a severe lack of offence and keeps them in the wildcard race. However, he dumps the bed in February, causing the Wings to slide out of the playoff race. Holland stands pat at the deadline, but Mrazek still can't pick it up down the stretch again, forcing Blashill to go with Howard, who actually has been playing pretty decent this season. Howard stands on his head and goes on a tear bringing the team closer to a wildcard spot. Coming up on the season finale against the Devils Howard sports an amazing 1.89GAA and .931 SV%. The Wings must get two point against the Devils to get the last wild card spot. In the final game, with the playoffs on the line, the Wings defense is a sieve and their offence can't muster anything. The game goes to a shootout as a 0-0 tie after Howard makes 45 saves. The Wings shoot first, but fail to score on all three of their attempts. The Devils miss their first two, but with their 3rd, Taylor Hall completely undresses Howard and scores, ending the Wings season and 25 year playoff streak. Howard is completely roasted by Red Wings fans and takes 100% of the blame for the playoff streak ending, even as his career season puts him in Vezina conversations.

-Kyle Quincey signs a PTO with the Bruins, makes the squad and ends up winning the Norris trophy.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
The Wings put Big Rig on LTIR before the second game of the season and re-sign KFQ to a contract that would have put them more than 10% over the cap.

DATS-O-MATIC

Nov 23, 2004
Another prediction: they're showcasing Mrazek, which is the reason they keep playing him despite Howard's play.

I never even considered this seriuously, as I thought the Wings brass wouldn't either, until a couple of weeks ago, since they know they're stuck with Howard, maybe for a #2, ? signed Shatty ?, I still wouldn't do it as Howie could come back down to earth any day now.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
(Not-so-) Bold prediction: do-it-all Datsyuk replacement Neilson will continue to suck for at least the next 70 games.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
(Not-so-) Bold prediction: do-it-all Datsyuk replacement Neilson will continue to suck for at least the next 70 games.

I can see where it might be hard for a player who was used to playing for a team for his entire career like what Nielsen did with the Islanders. And then come to a new team like Detroit and expect to play great. It will take some time but i feel Nielsen will eventually play the way he knows how like he did with the Islanders.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Another prediction: they're showcasing Mrazek, which is the reason they keep playing him despite Howard's play.

I hope so, he'd be great on a team that is competitive. I feel bad for guys like him and Larkin who are going to spend the bulk of their careers with a franchise that will struggle to stay above the bottom 1/3 of the league year in and year out for the foreseeable future.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
"Datsyuk replacement"..... like that's even a thing.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
"Datsyuk replacement"..... like that's even a thing.

Yeah. Perhaps a bit unrealistic to begin with, in retrospect. But that's the way they billed him. That's their language, not mine.

I was always a bit skeptical of that just because of how great Pavel is. However, Neilson is nowhere near. Not even close. More of a Weiss/Cleary replacement, so far.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah. Perhaps a bit unrealistic to begin with, in retrospect. But that's the way they billed him. That's their language, not mine.

I was always a bit skeptical of that just because of how great Pavel is. However, Neilson is nowhere near. Not even close. More of a Weiss/Cleary replacement, so far.

Wasn't trying to be snarky either, that was their reasoning in signing him, you just can't freaking replace that man as far as I'm concerned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad