Make 5 off season predictions leading up to the 2015 draft

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Anton Slepyshev, LW, Salavat Yulaev Ufa (KHL)
Drafted 3rd Round, 88th Overall, 2013

Anton Slepyshev has been garnering attention as of late. The Russian winger wrapped up a solid season with Salavat Yulaev in which he recorded 25 points in 58 games, despite receiving relatively sparse ice time (typically just over 12 minutes per night). Discussion swirled about the possibility of Slepyshev making the jump to North America as early as 2015-16, where he would presumably join the Oklahoma City Barons of the AHL, but on April 13th, the Russian forward signed a two-year contract extension with Salavat Yulaev. Slepyshev will also skate for Russia at the 2015 World Hockey Championships.

that is interesting--last thing I heard was that he had notvsigned yet--do you have any media reporting--I know a few blogs said he had signed--but others were saying he walking to the oilers

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
1.Oilers win the lotter draft Mcdavid.
2. Oilers hire Todd McClellan keep Nelson on so we run with two Todd's
3. Trade Marincin to a cap strapped team for a good dman
4. Trade for Craig Anderson
5. Select Kylington at #16
6. Resign Roy

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Before the draft? I just don't think there is going to be anything note worthy this offseason period.

-Lowe, Mac T, and anyone else is going to get a free ride since it's obvious success isn't required to be part of the Oilers organization.

-We are going to draft 3rd or 4th and get one of Strome or Hanafin.

-Ferrence remains the Captain.

-I am not even sure if we get a real NHL goalie. I wouldn't be surprised if we just resigned Bachman, keep Scrivens, and try out LB next year.

-Probably resign Nelson and end up in the bottom 5 again because Mac T will be running scrubs in net and praying Schultz and Klefbom get about 1000 times better drinking Margaritas this summer.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
that is interesting--last thing I heard was that he had notvsigned yet--do you have any media reporting--I know a few blogs said he had signed--but others were saying he walking to the oilers

There is a report from the KHL website, but people's translations of it are bringing conflicting reports. Some people thing it's a two year extension, but others seem to think it's more along the lines that Ufa gave him a 'qualifying offer' of sorts to retain his rights.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
There is a report from the KHL website, but people's translations of it are bringing conflicting reports. Some people thing it's a two year extension, but others seem to think it's more along the lines that Ufa gave him a 'qualifying offer' of sorts to retain his rights.

Yeah, it's hard to say what's real and what's not when it comes to KHL dealings.

Listening to Stauffer this week, he's briefly brought up Slepyshev a couple of times because people have been texting into the showing asking about him. He hasn't said much other than something along the lines of "it would be news to the Oilers if he's signed an extension with the KHL." He also made a point to say that Slepyshev's agent was Petr Svoboda, and he made it sound like Svoboda and MacTavish had been friends back during their playing days with the Flyers in the mid-90's near the end of MacTavish's playing career, and he felt that if Slepyshev had signed a deal with the KHL, Svoboda would've made sure that MacTavish wasn't blindsided with the news.

Anyway, we'll see soon enough I imagine.

Jmask83

Oct 3, 2009
1. Oilers get bumped to 4th pick
2. Draft Provorov
3. Aquire Goalie that everyone approves of at reasonable Price.
4. Defence not fixed
5. Oilers Sign Roy

if Oilers get Mcdacid

1. Draft Mcdavid
2. Trade Draisaital for young D with equal potential. Nashville needs centers and have good D.
3. Aquire Goalie
4. Sign UFA that would not have signed if we did not have MCdavid
5. Trade for D From Cap team

Hugo McStiglitz

#BlameTheWater
Dec 27, 2010
1. Oilers draft 4th, draft Hanifin.
2. Oilers strike out on Mclellan, wind up retaining Nelson.
3. Talbot/Jones, etc. acquired for a decent price.
4. Roy re-signs.
5. Marincin traded at the draft.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

last thing I heard from the Voodoo rocks was sort of a ying yang approach to what was going on

One of the KHL teams was going to go had after Yak if the oilers signed Slep and that the oilers wanted to sign Yak first and then Slep. Slep is to the KHL as any first rounder is to an NHL team--he is the shiney toy and they want to keep him--

complete conjecture I heard was the hang up on getting slep was partly due to the fact to make him feel more or at home one or two family members were going to come over--hang up is visas--it was a theory tossed my way last week. Sent an email to a buddy who lives in Moskow and he was unware Slep had signed. But that is par for the course in the KHL news cycle.

My guess is if he has signed a two year deal then they will wait for the start of the WC to announce it

Captain Catatomic

SuprstitionCondition
Jun 25, 2013
last thing I heard from the Voodoo rocks was sort of a ying yang approach to what was going on

One of the KHL teams was going to go had after Yak if the oilers signed Slep and that the oilers wanted to sign Yak first and then Slep. Slep is to the KHL as any first rounder is to an NHL team--he is the shiney toy and they want to keep him--

complete conjecture I heard was the hang up on getting slep was partly due to the fact to make him feel more or at home one or two family members were going to come over--hang up is visas--it was a theory tossed my way last week. Sent an email to a buddy who lives in Moskow and he was unware Slep had signed. But that is par for the course in the KHL news cycle.

My guess is if he has signed a two year deal then they will wait for the start of the WC to annou

-------

Oilers trade a draft pick or two for 2C/1G
Oilers dump a salary/contract or two via trade
Oilers get some coaching help
Oilers move out some expired prospects
Katz announces free script fridays out of sympathy for broken fans.. free pills with your popcorn every Friday.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Anton Slepyshev, LW, Salavat Yulaev Ufa (KHL)
Drafted 3rd Round, 88th Overall, 2013

Anton Slepyshev has been garnering attention as of late. The Russian winger wrapped up a solid season with Salavat Yulaev in which he recorded 25 points in 58 games, despite receiving relatively sparse ice time (typically just over 12 minutes per night). Discussion swirled about the possibility of Slepyshev making the jump to North America as early as 2015-16, where he would presumably join the Oklahoma City Barons of the AHL, but on April 13th, the Russian forward signed a two-year contract extension with Salavat Yulaev. Slepyshev will also skate for Russia at the 2015 World Hockey Championships.
The contract that was signed is a 2 year deal in which a player under 21 is automatically signed to if the team wants him. So basically the oilers can still sign him put have to pay the KHL some money

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Not happy he is at the WC training camp. The impression I got from my KHL buddies is that the KHL wants to use the WC and proven ground for how much better the KHL has become over the years--they invite NHLERS but it is a try out camp in theory-Until I hear otherwise-I am sticking to my prediction he signs with the oilers

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions

My guess is if he has signed a two year deal then they will wait for the start of the WC to announce it

This is the link to the article: http://www.khl.ru/news/2015/04/13/234061.html

I don't speak Russian, so all I've got is Google translate which says he has received a 'bilateral contract for two years."

Macblender

May 5, 2014
This is the link to the article: http://www.khl.ru/news/2015/04/13/234061.html

I don't speak Russian, so all I've got is Google translate which says he has received a 'bilateral contract for two years."

Cant remember where I saw this so take it with a grain of salt but a russian poster on HF was saying that it was the equivalent of his KHL issuing a qualifying offer and he hasn't signed anything.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I thought that Slepyshev has signed a extension to stay in Russia?

It's been a few months since we were hearing reports of the KHL being so cash strapped that tons of players had not been paid well past 1/2 into the season. I haven't heard of him signing an extension. I read a few articles in January that he's looking forward to coming to North America and he also mentioned that he was willing to play in the AHL.

So I'm not too worried about that.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
1 - Roy re-signs. 2 years 1.7M per season.
2 - Schultz re-signs. 3 years 4.4M per season. (I think that price is the qualifying offer.)
3 - Marincin and 1 or more of Pen's 1st, our second and Habs second are traded for a d-man.
4 - Neither of Fayne or Nikitin are bought out.
5 - Klefbom re-signs. 4.5M per season for 6 years.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
1. Roy re-signs on a 1 year deal. Let's say ~$2M
2. Oilers make a trade with the Senators for Anderson and/or Cowen. Maybe Lehner, but I'll say Anderson. Something like PIT 1st and possibly Marincin/Musil for the pair.
3. Oilers either sign McLellan, or strike out and keep Nelson.
4. Oilers take Strome if he's available. If he's not, then Hanafin.
5. I don't think much more can happen

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
1 - Roy re-signs. 2 years 1.7M per season.
2 - Schultz re-signs. 3 years 4.4M per season. (I think that price is the qualifying offer.)
3 - Marincin and 1 or more of Pen's 1st, our second and Habs second are traded for a d-man.
4 - Neither of Fayne or Nikitin are bought out.
5 - Klefbom re-signs. 4.5M per season for 6 years.

Klefbom won't be eligible to sign an extension until July and I don't believe the buyout period happens before the draft.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
1. Arizona wins the lottery becuase of lucky Sammy Snowpants. An unprecedented 4th lottery win for Snowpants

2. In MacT's boldest move yet, he trades down...moving the 3rd pick for a later 1st round pick in the top 7-12 and an NHL defenseman.

3. MacT does not trade Pittsburgh's pick.

4. MacT DOES trade both 2nd rounders for a goalie.

5. Bob Nicholson releases his forensic audit on a Friday afternoon at 4pm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad