Votes: 16 10.1%
  • Q2: I take McDavid

Votes: 137 86.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
It’s McDavid and you have to be biased as shit to think otherwise, and Makar is imo top 3 player in the league.

You could argue #1 defender is more important, but McDavid plays damn near identical minutes as Makar, and when McDavid is on ice, the play usually is in the offensive zone due to it. Which makes the point that #1 defender plays more minutes pretty much a mute point.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Makar is a phenomenal talent and likely a top 5 dynamic player at this point. However no player is close to McDavid.

Makar hype is a bit ridiculous at this point. Absolutely no reason he should be considered *much* better than Hedman, Josi, Fox right now. Crazy enough that he won the Norris over Josi
This is simply wrong and biased.

Fox only won his Norris because of Makar's injury. The only debate is between Hedman and Makar, and the choice depends on the style the fan prefers.

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
So question 2 is obviously McDavid. But with their contracts included, you should take Makar.

(IF the 3.5 million will go to, say lekhonen and cogliano. If your GM is guaranteed to blow it on the decaying cadaver of Duncan Keith, then sure, you should have just taken McDavid. But if your GM sucks and can't surround your stars with useful players, you are never going to win regardless. So Makar is much more useful for putting together a dominant team that can win the cup. McDavid is useful for looking pouty while his team lets him down.)

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I think McDavid’s longer track record gives him the edge.

What Makar has done this season is equally as impressive as McDavid though.

Reactions: xAvsx89

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Even though my team is in desperate need of a RD, I am still taking the best player in the league in McDavid.

Makar is getting massively overrated.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
If there's a need for both positions and only one can be afforded....Makar.

Generational RHD are tougher to find than elite #1 Centers.

Not suggesting it's "Easy" to find great C's. I just think Generational D are more important to a cup run.

JMO.

McDavid is beyond elite. He is the definition of generational.

A center like McDavid comes around once every 15-20 years [last one being Crosby].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad