• Q2: I take McDavid

Votes: 137 86.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Im sorry to make this poll. Ik some posters wont like it. But I’ve had a few conversations where I’ve seen posters think Makar is better than McDavid and I want to see the results from a whole community.

So I have 2 questions for you HF.

Q1: You have a need for both positions on your team. Contracts included you take who?

And the other question is simple. (Q2)Who is the better player?

Obviously you have 2 votes, one for each question.

Thank you all

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
...if you chose anyone other than McJesus for either of these two questions, you should have your hockey privileges revoked for life...period...McJesus is the best player in the World and people need to get over it...

Or, I know this is a weird one, my team already has McDavid and could use a Makar.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
If you asked "who do you take moving forward" I think Makar has the most compelling case league wide as #2 after McDavid.

But - after McDavid.

Whose better today? Even easier answer for McDavid.

Makar hype is a bit ridiculous at this point. Absolutely no reason he should be considered *much* better than Hedman, Josi, Fox right now. Crazy enough that he won the Norris over Josi

I dont think he's *much* better than those guys. Better? Id say yes, but in some cases close/can be argued otherwise.

If you change the question to "who do you take moving forward", thats where the *much better* comes in above those other names you list. Fox also being young looks good by this metric, but Makar is still very clearly ahead

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Makar hype is a bit ridiculous at this point. Absolutely no reason he should be considered *much* better than Hedman, Josi, Fox right now. Crazy enough that he won the Norris over Josi
I would say he’s better but wouldn’t say much better. Not by a massive but a clear margin, he’s more comparable to guys like Matthews or Drai (and I think he’s ahead of those guys as well and is the number 2 player in the league).

Makar has won the Hobey Baker, into the Calder, into a second place Norris finish (almost assuredly would have won if not for injuries), into a Norris and a likely Conn Smythe if Colorado pulls it out.

The above to go along with the 4th highest regular season ppg and the second highest playoff ppg (as well as the now 4th highest scoring single playoff season playoffs of all time) and Makar is in a league with only Orr for best starts for a defenceman ever.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
If there's a need for both positions and only one can be afforded....Makar.

Generational RHD are tougher to find than elite #1 Centers.

Not suggesting it's "Easy" to find great C's. I just think Generational D are more important to a cup run.

JMO.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
If there's a need for both positions and only one can be afforded....Makar.

Generational RHD are tougher to find than elite #1 Centers.

Not suggesting it's "Easy" to find great C's. I just think Generational D are more important to a cup run.

JMO.

So Makar is generational and McDavid is elite?

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
McDavid without even thinking twice. Makar is unreal but the hype is getting a bit out of hand.

Reactions: OKR

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain

Not really that crazy at all. No more crazy than when Josi won it a couple years ago. Unless it should only go to the D-man that has the most points...that sounds more crazy to me.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
McDavid will end up as the top 5 of all time. Makar will end up further down the rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad