Makar Ranks 186th in 5v5 Goals Against per Hour Despite Being Stapled to Nathan MacKinnon (He’s Getting Lit Up Defensively)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Good thing this has been covered pretty well by Avs fans in the Norris thread, but go ahead.

1712671202313.gif

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Who cares , just watch the games with your eyes and form your own opinions , these nerds babling about goals per hour on the ice are unbearable lmao.

I know some will say this rise of twitter media is good for the growth of the game but like who wants to hear these advance stats be used as the be all end all in arguments.

Looking at one stat proves nothing

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
Dear Joe Sakic,

That is an awful stat that you don't want to read about anyone one of your players having. It won't be easy, but we can take that liability off your hands.

-Sincerely,

The other 31 NHL GMs.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
You can usually tell which player is better when primarily just one fan base is trying to bash the other player to prop up their guy.
Not just one fan base bud. I am an eastern conference fan (i am sure my avatar keeps it a mystery) and i am just tired of hearing about how makar is bobby orr 2.0 when he is a major negative on one side of the ice this year

Last edited:
Reactions: nucks88 and Rowlet

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
You really think McDavid is gonna say Makar has been shit statistically?
you really think McDavid would sit in front of cameras and say that verbatim about anyone who wasn't actually by far and away the best defenseman in the NHL?

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Do I think Makar or MacKinnon are elite defensively? Not a chance.
Do I think they're as bad as their fancy stats suggest? Also not a chance.

Oilers fans have been through this with Connor and Leon and the hockey world's inability to not over think things or discern context from advanced stats.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
you really think McDavid would sit in front of cameras and say that verbatim about anyone who wasn't actually by far and away the best defenseman in the NHL?

Depends, when did he say it? What was the question and how was it phrased? Time changes perception. Zadorov said that MacKinnon is better than McDavid, doesn't make something true just because it was said by an NHLer.

Reactions: MoneyManny
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad