Magnus Hellberg, G - Almtuna, Allsvenskan

Johnstarks

Feb 4, 2008
Wow went 38th overall to Nashville. First goalie taken of the draft.

Good for him, man he looks lanky and freakishly tall! Nashville is so good in developping tenders, he could be a dandy one!

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I'm a bit surprised Nashville drafted him, they are loaded with goalie talent.

Strong competition for Lindbäck, that's for sure.

Right now I can't tell how has biggest upside of Lindbäck and Hellberg, Rinne is already one of the very best in the NHL.

Hellberg has the coolest name though. ;-)

Johnstarks

Feb 4, 2008
I'm a bit surprised Nashville drafted him, they are loaded with goalie talent.

Strong competition for Lindbäck, that's for sure.

Right now I can't tell how has biggest upside of Lindbäck and Hellberg, Rinne is already one of the very best in the NHL.

Hellberg has the coolest name though. ;-)

I'm very happy Nashville drafted him. They have a great goalie coach and they developp goalies nicely (Rinne, Lindback)

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Nashville should just specialize in developing goalies and trade them for their other needs. :laugh:

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
Was hoping NJ would get a chance at him. Funny he went with the pick NJ traded to Nashville.

He'll develop nicely in Nashville.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
IIRC, nashvillegoalie depth is all under professional contract-rinne, lindback, dekanich (ufa), pickard, smith and engren.

dex, sadly is gone, leaving pickard, smith and engren fighting for the ahl and echl starter job. it is getting close to crap or get off the pot time for smith and pickard as far as being consistant. so a guy to spend a little time overseas while these young guys sort themselves out is a good thing. surprised nashville only took one to be honest

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Nashville to me far and away has the best goalie coach in the NHL. What they do with goalies is incredible. I also think this is a great pick. The guy is overage but how many goalies really play at 18 or 19 anyway? I think Hellberg has great potential and he's got what every NHL GM loves in a goalie and thats size. This could turn out to be yet another incredible pick for the Preds.

Rappaport

May 8, 2011
Was hoping NJ would get a chance at him. Funny he went with the pick NJ traded to Nashville.

He'll develop nicely in Nashville.
Agreed, would have been scary for other teams having to face five DEVILS on the ice in front of the mountain(berg) of HELL!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad