Magic Arena

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Where do you go to see all the cards? I can only see the ones I already have
k0s45jsb6bu01.png

see those icons on the top row? Click on the far right one. then its going to take you to a different screen. from there you can filter it only show "not collected" cards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smash88

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The draft is pretty easy to go infinite in right now with how it's set up (although they're rotating it). Any interesting dech tech that isn't all over the place you guys like for standard?

Personally I'm a big fan of trying to make use of Chance for Glory, but the real one I'm in love with right now is Arclight Phoenix. There's so much spellpower out there right now, and Izzet is in a really good place to abuse Arclight Phoenix with surveil, jump-start and some of the discard draws. I put this deck together a day or two ago: Arclight Tempo Deck (I haven't figured out the sideboard yet)

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
So just curious, but do these versions allow you the flexibility to build full rainbow decks? Not that it's a good idea but back in the 90's with the actual cards I always liked the early days beating friends with my random all-colours starter kit, before I had enough of a collection to start building decks.

I know it's probably what the majority wants but it's always felt boring to me that these games start everyone off with the same generic pre-built decks.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Draft is the best bang for your buck, assuming you've got some idea how to draft.

But I do wish they'd mix it up more frequently. It seems like they're switching the draft pools every 2 weeks(?)

Would rather they do a single week, just so I can get a more expansive collection.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
tried a few matches but my starter deck with a few upgrades is just getting shredded by combos I cant stop haha. ill pass on this one

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
decided to stick with it a little longer. I upgraded my mono-Green a bit more, and tried the White/Black free deck and did alright

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
decided to stick with it a little longer. I upgraded my mono-Green a bit more, and tried the White/Black free deck and did alright

Mono-Green is a good, newbie friendly deck, and they give you some good pieces for it in the free starter decks/unlockable ones.

And, of course, Guilds of Ravnica has some solid choices for that deck as well, with the Pelt Collector, Krull Harpooner and (if you're really lucky), the Nullhide Ferox.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Quasiduplicate is probably the most underated card in the current MTGA meta.

The current Golgari deck that is dominating the meta is strong, but I loved taking it, making it more control focused and turning it into a Sultai deck. Duplicating the ETB effects of Chupacabras, Hostage Takers, Findbrokers, etc is so much fun.

Had one game today against Mono-Green where I got Tendershoot Dryad to stick, then proceeded to Quasiduplicate it twice. Every upkeep, summon three 7/7 Saproling tokens. Seems good.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Quasiduplicate is probably the most underated card in the current MTGA meta.

The current Golgari deck that is dominating the meta is strong, but I loved taking it, making it more control focused and turning it into a Sultai deck. Duplicating the ETB effects of Chupacabras, Hostage Takers, Findbrokers, etc is so much fun.

Had one game today against Mono-Green where I got Tendershoot Dryad to stick, then proceeded to Quasiduplicate it twice. Every upkeep, summon three 7/7 Saproling tokens. Seems good.

I like the instant/sorcery blue red decks in standard: either Thousand-Year Storm or with the Phoenix.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I like the instant/sorcery blue red decks in standard: either Thousand-Year Storm or with the Phoenix.

I want to get a Thousand-Year Storm deck working (since that and Nullhide Ferox are apparently the only two Mythics I can ever find. Seriously, I think I've gotten 6-7 of each of them and very little other Mythics)

But it always seems too slow to me. It's devestating when it works, but trying to get there against Red Deck Wins or Monowhite Weenie is near impossible

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I want to get a Thousand-Year Storm deck working (since that and Nullhide Ferox are apparently the only two Mythics I can ever find. Seriously, I think I've gotten 6-7 of each of them and very little other Mythics)

But it always seems too slow to me. It's devestating when it works, but trying to get there against Red Deck Wins or Monowhite Weenie is near impossible

Star of Extinction is the out against those decks. I've seen decks run three of them!

I don't think a Thousand-Year Storm deck is quite tier 1 but it's a lot more fun to play than the Golgari Beats deck which are just everywhere.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Star of Extinction is the out against those decks. I've seen decks run three of them!

I don't think a Thousand-Year Storm deck is quite tier 1 but it's a lot more fun to play than the Golgari Beats deck which are just everywhere.

Golgari is my favorite tribe currently. I'm eagerly awaiting Gruul in the next expansion (because RG Dinos is just too much fun), and I'm curious what Simic is going to get.

Of course, none of it will matter, because Azorius is also next expansion, which means the Jeskai control deck that's a pain in the ass to play against currently will just get that much better

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Golgari is my favorite tribe currently. I'm eagerly awaiting Gruul in the next expansion (because RG Dinos is just too much fun), and I'm curious what Simic is going to get.

Of course, none of it will matter, because Azorius is also next expansion, which means the Jeskai control deck that's a pain in the ass to play against currently will just get that much better

I'm an Orzhov kind of guy, in fact almost all my favourite Guilds are in the next set so this set is not all that exciting to me. At least it does have Izzet and Dimir :D

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
pretty much my only decks right now are Orzhov Vampires and Gruul Dinosaurs so yeah, the fact an expansion will be giving them more tools is nice

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Installed this a few days ago. So far quite enjoying it, still collecting the starter decks. I'll echo an earlier opinion the white/black deck is one of the better starters.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Installed this a few days ago. So far quite enjoying it, still collecting the starter decks. I'll echo an earlier opinion the white/black deck is one of the better starters.

RG and BW are quite good out of the box. check out LegenVD's starter upgrade series

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
so I caved and bought a Selesnya TwitchCon code on ebay. I considered buying a code for the Ral and Vraska precon decks but the cards are pretty meh. however the TwitchCon deck had a ton of Uncommons, Rares and even Mythics I needed, plus I really wanted to get into Green/White. heres the list and you can see what I was missing before I bought. only set me back £8 which is like £2 more than a single draft.

tEZER1d.png

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
RG and BW are quite good out of the box. check out LegenVD's starter upgrade series

Yeah, watched some of his videos already. Got fortunate last night, my first mythic pull was one of the bombish cards Doom Whisperer. So that's a quick and easy upgrade to the W/B deck.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa

Decided to upgrade this deck, basically the same as this video. Just switched in Ajani for Immortal Sun.

It's a killer in ranked ladder, went 9-1 last night.

Then I took into the constructed gauntlet run and it went 1-3.

Seems it gets matched against way tougher decks in the Constructed mode. The only one I won was against basically a mirror.

I really need to get more confident in drafting, I always get overwhelmed and never know which direction to take my deck! deckbuilding is definitely my weak point in this game

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
All my friends play magic irl, so I'm probably going to start playing this to learn the game and see if I want to actually invest in cards.
The IRL game will suck your soul right out of your current life.

I got HEAVILY into MTG quite a few years ago. Had to sell all my cards. Made about $6k on them all. Well, sold for $6k. I would say I had around $3k invested.

I will just stick to the digital games now. Much more balanced usually anyways. Well, the Duels of the Planeswalker games were anyways. Those were a blast!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad