Magic Arena

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Pulled three mythics in a row yesterday, and they were all highly playables -- one Aurelia and back to back Nullhide Ferox. Add in an earlier Doom Whisperer and Ral PW, relatively happy with my early Guilds luck so far.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
One of my favourite content creators seems to be moving on to this game from Hearthstone (day9). Is there some fast guide to learn specifics?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
One of my favourite content creators seems to be moving on to this game from Hearthstone (day9). Is there some fast guide to learn specifics?

If you're already familiar with Hearthstone it might be easier if you search up stuff like "magic the gathering for hearthstone players". For example this post has some nice summarized differences:

Reactions: crowi

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
If you're already familiar with Hearthstone it might be easier if you search up stuff like "magic the gathering for hearthstone players". For example this post has some nice summarized differences:

Big thanks!

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Everyone's playing Izzet Drakes/Phoenixes, and I'm over here with a Thousand-Year Storm deck surprising everyone.

It's pretty great in best of one. If you can get Storm to land and untap with it on the board, you'll win 95% of the time. Chaining cheap draw into Pirate's Pillage into 6-7 copies of Shock/Lightning Strike makes OTKs really easy.

Surviving until a Storm hits the board is the hardest part.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
I probably have enough wildcards to build another good now. I've got a good WB Vampire deck and a decent GB saproling deck.

I've thought of building a good UR control deck, but over the years I've never really been a good control player.

Any other good deck suggestions?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I probably have enough wildcards to build another good now. I've got a good WB Vampire deck and a decent GB saproling deck.

I've thought of building a good UR control deck, but over the years I've never really been a good control player.

if you made WB Vampires then you might have a few good pieces to make a Boros deck, either Aggro, Angels or some kind of "play the good stuff" deck

could always copy-pasta a white weenies deck with red splashed for Heroic Reinforcments

Reactions: Smash88

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
if you made WB Vampires then you might have a few good pieces to make a Boros deck, either Aggro, Angels or some kind of "play the good stuff" deck. possibly Rakdos although Rakdos feels a bit underwhelming to me, at least until the next set comes with the Rakdos guild cards

could always copy-pasta a white weenies deck with red splashed for Heroic Reinforcments

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

If you're looking for cheap decks to build there are mono-blue decks out there that only require 4-7 rares and no mythics. Might be cheaper to have fun with control if you don't have all the R and mana fixing stuff already.

Reactions: Smash88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->