Confirmed with Link: MAF to Hawks

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I’ll believe it when I see it. Hopefully he comes here and plays without a chip on his shoulder and bad attitude because having him here for a season would be a nice upgrade.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Getting the reigning Vezina winner for free isn’t enough?

Somebody please appreciate MAF. I can’t think of another goalie in recent history with such a storied career who has been tossed out like trash by multiple teams now.

For a normal GM that would realize he is a 36yo GK on a team cap strapped where Stan SHOULD have a majority of the leverage.....fail.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

lol stan, if only scotty powers realized by now that stan is a day to day guy when it comes to running this team

Hawks went from having a lot of cap space and not needing a goalie to having some cap space and now needing a goalie. Different demands. We gave up nothing. I’m fine with it for 1 year or him.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
If the Blackhawks gave Vegas a $7M get-out-of-jail-free card without getting permission from Fleury that he was willing to report, then Stan should be fired on the spot. If he was going to retire all along, it's absolutely brutal to not get assets. I'm waiting for the official details and decision from MAF, but in the event that happens, it's incredibly inexcusable to bail out the Knights.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
right but the Hawks aren’t going to make the trade without some assurances. Hence he could block the trade

If Vegas allowed every team to talk directly to Fleury to find out whether or not he'd actually play for them or retire, and he was deadset on retiring, there's 0 chance Vegas could move his contract. Vegas isn't under any obligation to inform CHI or any other team what MAF's intentions are. That's the risk the team taking him on takes. And why CHI should've gotten an asset back for helping Vegas out of a bind.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
imagine the hawks not talking to MAF before making this deal given it gets vegas out of a 7m cap hit for nothing...

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Well this is a mess

Boo. Like I told you guys weeks ago...he's pissed as f***. I'm against seasoned vets getting traded against their will. Fleury has said many times he doesn't wanna go anywhere. Dumb move by the Blackhawks. There's no return and they're now either stuck with an unmotivated Fleury or they forced him into retirement.

Either way a bad move.

This cup winner waived his friggen NMC to become the face of an expansion team. Blackhawks and Vegas should have shown more respect. Boo.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Boo. Like I told you guys weeks ago...I'm against seasoned vets getting traded against their will. Fleury has said many times he doesn't wanna go anywhere. Dumb move by the Blackhawks. There's no return and they're now either stuck with an unmotivated Fleury or they forced him into retirement.

Either way a bad move.

Hawks are not the one's who look bad in this situation

He has a current valid NTC list that doesn't block Hawks so Hawks treated this like any other trade

This mess is bad look for Vegas not Hawks

Reactions: AzHawk

ozzzie19

May 13, 2015
If the Blackhawks gave Vegas a $7M get-out-of-jail-free card without getting permission from Fleury that he was willing to report, then Stan should be fired on the spot. If he was going to retire all along, it's absolutely brutal to not get assets. I'm waiting for the official details and decision from MAF, but in the event that happens, it's incredibly inexcusable to bail out the Knights.
If he retires (in a timely fashion), then no skin off our back.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I get the family angle but this sucks

Makes me realize how it feels to be a Jet or Oiler fan having player reject us

Lmao. Fleury isn't rejecting CHI. He's rejecting uprooting his family to go anywhere else. How is this similar to a Jets or Oilers fan, who have to deal with UFAs and players with no-trades not giving them a chance because of where they're located on a map?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad