Proposal: MAF for E. Kane

Group Chat Legend*

That's just, like, your opinion, man. I guarantee you GMTM didn't trade a first for Lehner a year ago planning on him being a backup

I guarantee you every GM makes a trade thinking it will lead to something.

Whether that happens... we will see.

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
Nope. Kane's baggage is too much for me to want to take him on, especially at the cost of Fleury. Doesn't help us cap-wise either

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
In a bubble sure Fleury> Lehner at this point, but given age and contract I'd rather have Lehner.

Nah don't be ridiculous, Fleury is 10x better than Lehner and Fleurys contract isn't bad btw it's actually good value. Also he's 31 and goalies usually last longer til like late 30's almost aka Luongo. As for the trade hell no, don't want Kane at all and the Sabres wouldn't do it either as they just traded a 1st for Lehner.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Pitt gets a skilled top 6 winger, though he carries some baggage. A lot of pens fans say they don't want Kane's problems, but he's still good and Pitt has to lose fleury one way or the other this season

Buffalo rolls with a 1A and 1B with fleury and lehner. IMO Buffalo has a solid team and fleury can help them make a playoff push, and at least provide insurance until lehner proves he can be a legit #1 goalie.

Salary about evens out

Tim Murray just gave up a 1st round I know for Lehner, stating that he just needed a chance to be the clear cut starter, which he didn't have in Ottawa. So after 20 some games (where Lehner put up a fantastic .924 save %), he's now going to trade for another goalie to steal the #1 job from Lehner?

On top of that, he's going to trade Kane, who he just gave up a ton for too. Talk about wastig assets...

And if that's not enough, then Buffalo gets to lose 1 of the 2 goalies for nothing come the expansion draft at the end of the season.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Sounds like a good deal for Buffalo, they will need a goaltender once Lehner has reached his max 30 games played next season.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
Pitt gets a skilled top 6 winger, though he carries some baggage. A lot of pens fans say they don't want Kane's problems, but he's still good and Pitt has to lose fleury one way or the other this season

Buffalo rolls with a 1A and 1B with fleury and lehner. IMO Buffalo has a solid team and fleury can help them make a playoff push, and at least provide insurance until lehner proves he can be a legit #1 goalie.

Salary about evens out

This benefits Pittsburgh how when Kane lands in prison? I'd rather have a second round pick. Kane is a cancer and its obvious Buffalo wants to send him packing. Pittsburgh doesn't need him. Lousy idea.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Buffalo would have absolutely no interest in MAF. They have their goalie and this trade make less than zero sense for them.

No, they don't Lehner isn't the guy I know what his numbers were but it was 21 games, no nearly enough..

Once he becomes available they need to go HARD at Bishop

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Neither team is likely to jump at this one. Although, BUF is more likely to be interested in a goalie than PIT is in Kane.

Meichel Kane

My Name Is
Jun 6, 2006
If MAF waives his NMC and is traded, can the acquiring team decline to honor his NMC from that point on?

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
If Pitts. wants to move MAF, they should be talking to Dallas who seems to be in for a quality #1

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
LOL ... Lehner and Andres Nilsson is considered stocked? You have a much different definition on the word stocked. It's average at best.

No, but Linus Ullmark, Cal Peterson and Jason Kasdorf all look like NHL goalies. Peterson and Ullmarlk especially. Peterson has really stood out. He's been phenomenal in college and at prospects camp. I think he's even set some records at Notre Dame.
Johanssen looks pretty good too.

Plus Lehner is only 25. Buffalo has quite a few good looking young goalies.

Goaltending has never really been an issue for Buffalo. Everyone told us how terrible Chad Johnson and Lindbach were too, and both had stand out seasons for us.

Even if Buffalo wanted another #1 type goalie, now isn't the time with the expansion draft coming anyway.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
There are a few (very few) teams that come to mind when talking about a starting goalie....Buffalo isn't one of them.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I'd do this easy if I was PIT. You have E.Kane for the season, and if he gets his **** together you have another top 6 winger. If he doesn't get his **** together you bench him and tell him to stay home and away from the team - then in June you buy him out. Because he's still young, it's very cheap to do so at 1/3rd of his contract.

2017/18 penalty: $250,000
2018/19 penalty: $1,000,000

That's a pretty easy hit to handle if it doesn't work out - and certainly cheaper than buying out MAF.

But I agree that it doesn't make much sense for BUF.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
LOL ... Lehner and Andres Nilsson is considered stocked? You have a much different definition on the word stocked. It's average at best.

It's not a hole. I'm not getting MAF just so he can compete with Lehner. It just doesn't improve us. Insurance isn't worth that much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad